E&P Remote Issue again, Anyone getting the same? (1 Viewer)

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Last weekend we decided to take the MH away for a couple of nights just to make sure all was working before our xmas break starts mid december where we will on the Portsmouth - Santander crossing for 3 weeks over xmas and new year. The MH had not been used for a couple of months due some personal issues (lost my mother after a short illness).

Arrived onsite at a Britstop in Oxford (the 1st one had a carpark no bigger than my driveway but was listed as taking motorhomes up to 30ft, that was of no use so onto the backup), Thankfully this one was plenty big enough. Parked up went to put the levellers down and the remote wouldn't work, didn't think nothing of it even though the battery was relatively new (less than 5 months old with virtually no use), anyway i thought perhaps where it had been cold it may of affected the battery so just replaced it. All was working as expected and the levellers were ok. We watching the tv later that evening and i just happened to notice there were some lights coming from the remote. The whole remote was flashing with all the buttons faintly pulsating. Now i am aware of an issue with some defected remotes and Mick at SAP has been very helpful as usual and will be sending out a new remote but this is the 2nd one i have had that has gone faulty. Has anyone else had more than 1 remote go faulty as i know the early ones were prone to this fault?

The remote still worked even with the fault but of course the battery unless removed would of gone flat again. I think in the future i will remove the battery anyway just in case i get a 3rd if we are at home for more than a few days.

Certainly not a major issue as could of just used the control box, just curious to see if this is a bigger problem!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Not specifically remote issues, but I have had odd quirks where things just were not right

Pulled the main fuse counted to 10 replaced, all OK then till next time, only don't that 3 times in 4 years (y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Not specifically remote issues, but I have odd quirks where things just were not right

Pulled the main fuse counted to 10 replaced, all OK then till next time, only don't that 3 times in 4 years (y)

I have done that myself for other issue's like when i picked it up from Adam's Morey i think they had been playing with the levellers as everytime i went to pull off there was a lot of beeping. Had to pull the main fuse that time as the jacks wouldnt respond. The remote does work but it is this all lights on issue for the 2nd time which is puzzling. This in turn drains the battery, maybe the one they sent was also from a faulty batch and it is just a coincidence.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I have done that myself for other issue's like when i picked it up from Adam's Morey i think they had been playing with the levellers as everytime i went to pull off there was a lot of beeping. Had to pull the main fuse that time as the jacks wouldnt respond. The remote does work but it is this all lights on issue for the 2nd time which is puzzling. This in turn drains the battery, maybe the one they sent was also from a faulty batch and it is just a coincidence.

I am presuming you turn off the remote after you are level? I do but think it even auto shuts down anyway

Are you saying it wakes itself up, or do your lights stay on when not in use?

definitely sounds odd, amazed I have missed that one with my luck (y)

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I am presuming you turn off the remote after you are level? I do but think it even auto shuts down anyway

Are you saying it wakes itself up, or do your lights stay on when not in use?

definitely sounds odd, amazed I have missed that one with my luck (y)
I always turn off the remote after levelling, it was definitley off for a while as would of noticed it before. Cant even accidentally knock it as the remote bracket is fixed to the side of the MH out of the way. I am hoping that it is just another faulty remote, should have the replacement this week so will reprogram it and keep it in doors just in case it turns back on again. When the all the buttons light up you cant do nothing with it aside from take the battery out as wont respond to any key presses.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We had the same issue, replaced battery. No difference after putting batteries in seemed ok, but after 5 mins or so random lights appearing and does not work. Contacted E&P Blackburn, they said it's a faulty remote send back and they will replace. We have had it for about 3 year so seems odd but they said there was a batch that had a fault and new ones did not.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We had the same issue, replaced battery. No difference after putting batteries in seemed ok, but after 5 mins or so random lights appearing and does not work. Contacted E&P Blackburn, they said it's a faulty remote send back and they will replace. We have had it for about 3 year so seems odd but they said there was a batch that had a fault and new ones did not.

So you have only had 1 remote go faulty? this is our 2nd remote to go the same way but it is being replaced so no complaints there.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
So you have only had 1 remote go faulty? this is our 2nd remote to go the same way but it is being replaced so no complaints there.
Hopefully we get a good one but after nearly 3 yrs of service not sure how we will tell:unsure:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I have not had any remote issues but I have noticed the remote has to be closer to the maual board but mine is 3.5 years old and I still haven't replaced the battery, so I'm hoping it's just getting weaker.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I have not had any remote issues but I have noticed the remote has to be closer to the maual board but mine is 3.5 years old and I still haven't replaced the battery, so I'm hoping it's just getting weaker.
So my system is approx 20 months old as was fitted as soon as i purchased the MH which was April 2017, perhaps it is just coincidence (hoping) that the 2nd one has gone the way of the 1st.:(

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Our EP levelling is 12 years old and has no remote control and has never caused us any problems. Ive been told that I could have the RC feature fitted retrospectively - no thank you.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Ours has been fitted for about 30 months and no problems at all.........touch wood.
Did have to replace the original battery about a year ago but that is all.

Richard.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
This is a known issue on a faulty batch of remotes. The remote comes on by it self when left unattended resulting in a flat battery. Contact your supplier and they should swap it for you

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
This is a known issue on a faulty batch of remotes. The remote comes on by it self when left unattended resulting in a flat battery. Contact your supplier and they should swap it for you
I already know this but this is my 2nd remote as per my 1st post, i am interested to see if anybody has had their 2nd remote do the same like mine.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We have a problem with our 2 year old remote.

Mick at SAP replaced no problem and touching wood, all seems OK. So only one replacement for us...

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I already know this but this is my 2nd remote as per my 1st post, i am interested to see if anybody has had their 2nd remote do the same like mine.
Must be from the same batch, possibly exchanged before they knew of the issue.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Must be from the same batch, possibly exchanged before they knew of the issue.
I wish that was correct but they replaced because of the known issue, still i have a new one coming now so will see how that goes. Probably be ok for a while as this one lasted quite a while before going again.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
I take battery out of ours because of this issue. I’ll get a new one sorted now I know about it. It’s about time there was App control for E&P. Or is there?

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I take battery out of ours because of this issue. I’ll get a new one sorted now I know about it. It’s about time there was App control for E&P. Or is there?
Not seen app control, that would be good.....

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010

Good excuse for Alko (the recent new owners of E&P) to increase prices if ever I heard one. (y)

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Good excuse for Alko (the recent new owners of E&P) to increase prices if ever I heard one. (y)
I'd pay a small increase to be able to control it via an app, i am surprised it is not available now to be honest.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
@zac
We had our E&P levellers fitted by SAP the same day as yours (Your van was on the ramp next to us...). The first remote went faulty like yours, but the replacement that SAP had sent to us directly from E&P has been OK ever since.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
@zac
We had our E&P levellers fitted by SAP the same day as yours (Your van was on the ramp next to us...). The first remote went faulty like yours, but the replacement that SAP had sent to us directly from E&P has been OK ever since.
Thats interesting, i remember our conversation just after. I have a new replacement (2nd one) arriving today so perhaps it was just bad luck as it seems those who have had faulty and had replaced have not had it go again. Perhaps they sent out another faulty one not realizing as it comes direct from E&P i think or this one is as received a UPS notification which says being shipped from Blackburn not SAP's location.

Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Just had the system fitted last week. I was away from the dealer's when it was commissioned, but the first remote they tried was faulty, so I can't say in what way it was faulty. Another was provided which seems OK. Regarding an app - yes there is one. It needs a dongle fitting to the control unit, according to the E&P engineer who fitted the system.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Just had the system fitted last week. I was away from the dealer's when it was commissioned, but the first remote they tried was faulty, so I can't say in what way it was faulty. Another was provided which seems OK. Regarding an app - yes there is one. It needs a dongle fitting to the control unit, according to the E&P engineer who fitted the system.
Not seen an app for this unit, I will do some digging again to see if this has now changed.
Had my remote replaced again but not used it yet. Going away in 2 weeks so will give it a good run then.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Just give E&P a call. It was their engineer who told me about it.
Just called them and indeed they are going to release something but not yet as no pricing confirmed. They said it may be ready by the time the NEC show is here in Feb 2019, so sounds as though they are looking to launch it then.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Not sure what the point is of controlling the levelling via an app.
Fire the phone/iPad up, find the App, find the setting, level the van or pick up remote control and press one button.
Mind you, it could be entertaining if you had an alarm activation when away from the van and you activated the levellers from the phone to sway the van one side then the other. Any thief inside would soon scarper, wondering what the hell was going on. :xgrin:

Richard.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
For me it would be a backup given the issues I have with the remote. Anything to stop me going outside and kneeling down to press buttons :)

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
I will be interested in it. Could do away with remote then. Phone is always on/to hand.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back