LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I have bumped into a few funsters in SAP's waiting room.

Martin

It's about 160 miles round trip for me and I'd have to leave the van over night, so x2 trips in x2 vehicles makes them a tricky first choice for me.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
It's about 160 miles round trip for me and I'd have to leave the van over night, so x2 trips in x2 vehicles makes them a tricky first choice for me.
Most people stay in their vans as the work is done and they have a special lounge area for daytime and a courtesy car so you can go out day tripping .

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Most people stay in their vans as the work is done and they have a special lounge area for daytime and a courtesy car so you can go out day tripping .

Plus the lounge area has tea and coffee and a loo plus a TV that you can amuse yourself with for hour trying to get a channel to watch :LOL: and if your staying over night then free EHU as well. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Y
500 mile round trip for us, staying in the van Wednesday night, then being FLT using our bus passes to get to York. Using my Priority club points for 2 free nights in the Holiday Inn in York then bus back Sat morning hopefully van will be ready.
Could of had it done £90 cheaper at local agent only 10 miles from home but reports on them not been that good.

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Y
500 mile round trip for us, staying in the van Wednesday night, then being FLT using our bus passes to get to York. Using my Priority club points for 2 free nights in the Holiday Inn in York then bus back Sat morning hopefully van will be ready.
Could of had it done £90 cheaper at local agent only 10 miles from home but reports on them not been that good.

I have yet to attend the FLT training course, so all those things would, for me, have come at a cost. Not to mention the time out which I can't really fit in at the moment.

The place I'm taking mine is very local to me and I hope to use their shop, hab service and possibly aircon fitting too. Local services tend to be a bit 'use it or lose it' so I'm prepared to give them a shot. For every 100 quietly contented customer there are usually 1 or 2 very loud detractors, which is why I'm in no great rush to name the company and be flooded with dire warnings of impending doom ;)

PS Anybody really desperate to find out only needs to look at my location, the E&P list of installers and use their (or Googles) geographic skills. There is no prize though ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back