E&P Levelling Beep (1 Viewer)

Pablotti

Free Member
Feb 25, 2021
Devon 🇬🇧
Funster No
MH
2020 AS Fairford
For those of you that have an E&P levelling system (or HPC etc), does the system always beep when in operation? Is this configurable?

OP
OP
Pablotti

Pablotti

Free Member
Feb 25, 2021
Devon 🇬🇧
Funster No
MH
2020 AS Fairford
I don’t have the system, but I’m weighing it up for the new van. Have seen some videos online and they seem to been as the jacks lower. I’m just curious if this is a standard thing.

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I don’t have the system, but I’m weighing it up for the new van. Have seen some videos online and they seem to been as the jacks lower. I’m just curious if this is a standard thing.

Please link to the video or videos that have the beeping while being operated and then maybe I can throw some light on what it is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pablotti

Pablotti

Free Member
Feb 25, 2021
Devon 🇬🇧
Funster No
MH
2020 AS Fairford
It’s not a problem, really. And it’s not a deciding factor. Just curious if the beep was a standard thing, ‘tis all!

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Are you sure it's the E and P?
Mine doesn't...
But the air suspension does beep if its not in service mode when using the e and p

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pablotti

Pablotti

Free Member
Feb 25, 2021
Devon 🇬🇧
Funster No
MH
2020 AS Fairford
Are you sure it's the E and P?
Mine doesn't...
But the air suspension does beep if its not in service mode when using the e and p
Straightforward answer, thanks! :)

It was an E&P system I saw beeping. One was a demo set up at a show, I guess for safety in a public setting, and one a caravan in this video….

My good lady thinks it’s a sensible investment, so the only problem I had to overcome is already resolved. (y)

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9

It was an E&P system I saw beeping. One was a demo set up at a show, I guess for safety in a public setting, and one a caravan in this video….

My good lady thinks it’s a sensible investment, so the only problem I had to overcome is already resolved. (y)

It's a worthwhile investment if you ask me..
I've had on my past two vans and now wouldn't be without it ..

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

Interesting only two rams on a caravan & powered corner steadies but corner steadies are what they say steadies you are not supposed to take the weight of the van on them as it can twist the chassis.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Interesting only two rams on a caravan & powered corner steadies but corner steadies are what they say steadies you are not supposed to take the weight of the van on them as it can twist the chassis.
I take your point Lenny but I was more thinking of the weight of the kit and pump. With a lot of caravan only having a small payload it taking a big chunk out of it 🤔

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pablotti

Pablotti

Free Member
Feb 25, 2021
Devon 🇬🇧
Funster No
MH
2020 AS Fairford
With it essentially being a trailer and the weight pivoting over a central point, I see why the front and rears are only steadies and not full rams.

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010

E&P replace the existing caravan steadies with their heavy weight made version for the purpose of taking the weight, the rams do the lifting on the axle beam.
Had a good look at our neighbours when he had E&P fitted to his caravan.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I take your point Lenny but I was more thinking of the weight of the kit and pump. With a lot of caravan only having a small payload it taking a big chunk out of it 🤔
Probably getting on for 50% of payload.
Have you ever met a caravaner who was remotely aware of payload apart from your truly in his tugging days.

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
The system senses the feedback pressure on each steady to extend without inducing twist.
I had a chat with Mick at SAP about the caravan system while I was having ours fitted to our MH as our neighbour was thinking of having levellers fitted and did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back