E&P Levelling at home for long periods, yes or no? (1 Viewer)

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Is it ok to have the E&P levellers down for long periods as at home when they are down the drivers side back and front are well off the ground due to the slope at the side of our house (need blocks). I usually just put them down to clean it inside to stop that slanting feeling :) but it is much better when inside if it is level which begs the question.

My next booked outing is not for approx 8 weeks although we may go for some short weekends in between.

I guess to be on the safe side it is best to not have them down unless in it (now talking myself out of it before i have even posted lol)

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Not a problem leaving them down. The problem you have is the back being off the ground which is where the handbrake is. If one side is off the ground then your handbrake is only on half power. Think you need ramps ASP.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Can't think of any reason to not have the jacks down.
Less weight on the walls of the tyres.
Possibly better security, its a bit difficult to drive or tow a vehicle with the wheels off the ground.

They do recommend that you give the jacks a frequent spray with silicone spray. Might need to do that to keep the wet and corrosion at bay.

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Hand brake is a concern. I think I will put them down as don’t want it running down the hill lol

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Deleted post, i must read properly :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun