LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
In manual mode is it possible to lower a pair of legs individually? Let's say you go too far on one side, can you bring it the pair down again or is it a case of either bringing the opposite side up (making the van even further from the ground) or dropping all legs and starting again?

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Not with mine. If you go too far you need to fully retract and start again.

Dave

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We've got E & P levelling after 2 years we still can't work it out.

The buttons seem to have no correlation to the feet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
In answer to Q1, yes you can lower in pairs, front pair, rear pair, starboard pair and port pair in manual mode. I think Martin @funflair uses manual all the time. But as Dave says the only backward way out after an error is complete retraction and start again, which in most cases is the best way as by then you have a better understanding of the terrain. But with an audience it can be blushing!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

Look at the picture on the panel, or handheld remote, one button per pair, front, back, port, and starboard for manual use. But I agree it takes some practice.

OP
OP
Chipster

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
I get the pairs bit. I just wondered if you "overshoot" by extending a pair can you retract that pair slightly? As it is at the moment I can only find a way of extending the opposite pair to compensate or retracting the lot and starting again.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I get the pairs bit. I just wondered if you "overshoot" by extending a pair can you retract that pair slightly? As it is at the moment I can only find a way of extending the opposite pair to compensate or retracting the lot and starting again.
That's exactly right
If you overshoot then you either have to fully retract OR lower the opposite side

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
No there is no "reverse" other than full retraction. The option of countering the over extension by extending the opposite pair only creates less flexibilty or not being able to get level. It is I am afraid as Dave and I have said retract all and start again.

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now

It seems some are confused with lowering and raising. I use the term lowering to mean lowering the jacks - thereby lifting the van - and vv.

If you look at the control panel there is a light indicating which button to press for levelling, when that light goes out stop pressing. When the central light on the display is green the van is level.

I don't have the remote control but I expect the display on that is similar to the fixed control panel.

HTH.

Dave

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Pretty much as Michael @sallylillian says, if it is already level I will use auto to put the legs down for stability but if it's levelling i usually use manual as I can do it without getting it quite as high as the auto does.

Martin

OP
OP
Chipster

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Ok folks. Thanks for the answers. That will do fine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back