E&P leveling system saves money... Haggers tip of the day (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Well, the E&P leveling system is starting to pay for itself.

Just had new front tyres fitted and used it to lift the van. So impressed was the fitter he has given me a £10 discount for fitting on my snow tyres and a £10 discount when he comes back to change them over on returning back from skking...

Therefore if you buy a n E&P system, in just 500 tyre changes, your system could pay for itself....

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
'Therefore if you buy a n E&P system, in just 500 tyre changes, your system could pay for itself....'

David,@manda3000gt refers to that as 'man maths' when he's trying to convince Amanda why they should buy a pariticular expensive item. ;)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Its a hard task for any of us to justify the costs of The E&P levering system, especially on a cost over time/usage calculation, but I do love the way you think:)
No doubt it is a very convenient and useful asset to have, and we all can imagine the instant benefits after having it fitted, and what life would be like without having it.:(
But I am in the camp that thinks, yes, I will have if I keep the van for a few years at least, I probably wont get much return if I do sell the van, We haven't used or had our new van long enough to see if it will tick all the boxes yet.
Its definitely a left/Right Brain thing, if it was priced at a more attractive proposition, the sales numbers would increase, as more people would go for it, but after Full Air Suspension @5K, the E&P at the same figure is a bitter pill to swallow, unless you are loaded of course, then its a must have, well it is isnt it???:D
Have fun with it, It truly is worth its weight in Gold.:)
Les

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Just had new front tyres fitted and used it to lift the van. So impressed was the fitter he has given me a £10 discount for fitting on my snow tyres and a £10 discount when he comes back to change them over on returning back from skking...

Therefore if you buy a n E&P system, in just 500 tyre changes, your system could pay for itself....
That makes the system £5000,,,Crickey,,,,,Will have to stick with my ramps,,,thats too many bottles of brandy,,,BUSBY:):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

Even better when you ve bought a MH that happens to already have it fitted :D

Dare_Devil_Dennis

Free Member
Apr 22, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Its a hard task for any of us to justify the costs of The E&P levering system, especially on a cost over time/usage calculation, but I do love the way you think:)

If you tried to use "justifying cost" to the purchase of your motorhome, you might still be camping! Get the levellers if you have an inkling, don't bother to justify it, you won't regret it. Any post purchase benefits like tyre discounts are a bonus but cannot compare with arriving on your pitch in the rain (or snow - how seasonal is that?) and levelling the motorhome before you undo your seat belt or turn off the engine.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
If you tried to use "justifying cost" to the purchase of your motorhome, you might still be camping! Get the levellers if you have an inkling, don't bother to justify it, you won't regret it. Any post purchase benefits like tyre discounts are a bonus but cannot compare with arriving on your pitch in the rain (or snow - how seasonal is that?) and levelling the motorhome before you undo your seat belt or turn off the engine.

Dont do rain and definitely never do snow,,,In 17 years only arrived on site twice when it was raining,,,Only tour in France Spain and Portugal....BUSBY,,

Dare_Devil_Dennis

Free Member
Apr 22, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Dont do rain and definitely never do snow,,,In 17 years only arrived on site twice when it was raining,,,Only tour in France Spain and Portugal....BUSBY,,

Tell me where and when you next plan a trip and I will follow you. Never had that much luck. Maybe better not, I may just be a weather jinx!

Before I retired, I would spend my two or three weeks precious holiday with retired friends, mostly in the rain, to drive off home in sunshine and my friends declaring they would stay on longer only to have perfect weather. It is now one of the joys of retirement for me, I can now stay or move on without having to go back to work in the sunshine.

I bought my first E&P system after spending 20 nervous mins and smelling my clutch suffering using Milenco Quatros. The pitch sloped in two planes and I worried about driving off the end of the lower one and getting it jammed behind the front wheel. After getting it as level as poss, the damn fridge would not work because it still wasn't level enough. Did I want to drive it off again every day to go sightseeing/visiting/shopping and have the same palaver each time, NO I DID NOT!

Auto levellers for me every time.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We had ours fitted in January and like you we wouldn’t be without them now.

John.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Tell me where and when you next plan a trip and I will follow you. Never had that much luck. Maybe better not, I may just be a weather jinx!

Before I retired, I would spend my two or three weeks precious holiday with retired friends, mostly in the rain, to drive off home in sunshine and my friends declaring they would stay on longer only to have perfect weather. It is now one of the joys of retirement for me, I can now stay or move on without having to go back to work in the sunshine.

I bought my first E&P system after spending 20 nervous mins and smelling my clutch suffering using Milenco Quatros. The pitch sloped in two planes and I worried about driving off the end of the lower one and getting it jammed behind the front wheel. After getting it as level as poss, the damn fridge would not work because it still wasn't level enough. Did I want to drive it off again every day to go sightseeing/visiting/shopping and have the same palaver each time, NO I DID NOT!

Auto levellers for me every time.
Never move our van off site until we depart,,Thats what push bikes are for,,,We did have two days of rain last year,,both in France,,not bad out of 26 weeks away,,BUSBY.:D:D

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Very easy to justify, "I want it" "I can afford it" "I got it" job done. And if we ever sell the van somebody will get a bargain(y)

And yes @busby your calculations are pretty spot on.

Martin

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
some people will never understand why people have things...

the answer is simple...

because they can.....

Looking back on the posts i cant see anyone asking you to justify the purchase of levelling system,,just surprise at the cost,,,If you want it can afford it ,,then have it,,BUSBY:D:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back