Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Considering E&P Hydraulics obviously read a lot of the threads and the advantages they offer, however it’s a lot of money to spend and nearly convinced the boss it’s worth the investment
A motorhome dealer close to me Spinney Motorhomes are offering a very good price for installation and there close if any problems occur, having looked in the review section the reviews are positive but there’s only a few
Anybody have experience of dealing with the above before I commit
Thks

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Are they an E&P authorised dealer? they certainly dont appear on the E&P website of dealers.

Martin

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Mick at SAP is considered the E&P guru. He's an old fashioned engineer with real knowledge and interest in his product.
A delight to deal with.
Can't recomended him highly enough.
As they say;
Buy once, buy well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Being in Stretford aren't you much closer to AS Air Suspension near Warrington, maybe you should also check out their HPC system, both HPC and E&P are Dutch companies. HPC weighs less having part aluminium construction in the struts.
We are just debating which one to go for, haven't decided yet.

OP
OP
Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Are they an E&P authorised dealer? they certainly dont appear on the E&P website of dealers.

Martin
I contacted E&P regarding local dealers to myself and was informed they are now an approved dealer.
They also have a display model in there showroom which I might get up and have a look at this weekend
Thks Mark

OP
OP
Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Being in Stretford aren't you much closer to AS Air Suspension near Warrington, maybe you should also check out their HPC system, both HPC and E&P are Dutch companies. HPC weighs less having part aluminium construction in the struts.
We are just debating which one to go for, haven't decided yet.
I know AS having had air suspension on my previous van and a very good company, however the E&P system has a very good reputation in the market with plenty of positive reviews including many on here also there is the funsters wealth of knowledge on the E&P system on here.
In terms of distance neither are that far away, a lot closer than my van dealer who’s in Somerset hence the reason for looking locally should anything need doing

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I contacted E&P regarding local dealers to myself and was informed they are now an approved dealer.
They also have a display model in there showroom which I might get up and have a look at this weekend
Thks Mark
Hi Mark

They must be very new then as they don't show on the web site, do you want them practicing on your van? no didn't think so:LOL: go see Mick at SAP(y)

Martin

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
I think ALKO purchasing E&P can be considered a seal of approval as can the fact their systems are standard equipment on some much respected manufacturers. They have emerged as clear leaders in the field of caravan/motorhome levelling.

Just finished a four month debarcle with a Italian system which simply did not work properly ending in it being removed and a full refund given.

Coincidentally visiting a Sussex based E&P dealer tomorrow to see if it can be fitted to my model of Motorhome.

My fault I tried to save myself £500!

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I get the impression that all the E&P dealers are vetted to make sure they are capable of giving the level of service and expertise that one would expect with a top rated company.
Not heard of a bad fitting experience that I can remember from the many posts on Fun.
E&P (now Al-Ko) don't want to lose their good reputation by using incompetent fitters.

Richard.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I get the impression that all the E&P dealers are vetted to make sure they are capable of giving the level of service and expertise that one would expect with a top rated company.
Not heard of a bad fitting experience that I can remember from the many posts on Fun.
E&P (now Al-Ko) don't want to lose their good reputation by using incompetent fitters.

Richard.
There was one rather incompetent install quite well documented on here but I see they are still on the list of accredited fitters:LOL:

Martin

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
This was not bad fitting by any means - this was a system that did not work properly.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Mick at SAP is considered the E&P guru. He's an old fashioned engineer with real knowledge and interest in his product.
A delight to deal with.
As they say;
Buy once, buy well.
For that sort of money, that is good advice, Sue (y)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
There was one rather incompetent install quite well documented on here but I see they are still on the list of accredited fitters:LOL:

Martin
I did qualify my comments about bad fitting by saying "that I can remember".
With my memory that says it all. :(:(

I bow to your superior memory Martin. :D(y)

Richard.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
My van is at Micks at the moment having the levellers fitted It should be ready sometime tomorrow to pick up and then play time.

Our drive as a slope of approximately 25 degrees so if I use the levellers on the rear I’ll need a step ladder to use our sliding door:D

John.

OP
OP
Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Hi Mark

They must be very new then as they don't show on the web site, do you want them practicing on your van? no didn't think so:LOL: go see Mick at SAP(y)

Martin
As @Clarky as just pointed out am sure they have be vetted for such a premium product to ensure E&P reputation remains strong, another way of looking at it there won’t be any complacency on there behalf as am sure E&P will be monitoring them early on.
Looking on line both companies seem to have a good reputation
Thks mark

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
A delight to deal with.
As they say;
Buy once, buy well.
I think you must have shares with them there are other very competent companies out there and if EP approved will do excellent work as others will testify not everyone lives close to SAP as the OP stated Spinney are close to him.

jimcunliffe

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Bacup,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
21/2 years
Can't speak highly enough of Mick at SAP,Had our E&P system fitted by him last year and would not be without them now.
You just wouldn't go back to ramps at any money!!

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006

Is it the outfit that gives it away? Monocle? Pocket Watch? Slide Rule?

Ian. :whistle:

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
As part of my decision making process (which included visits to the NEC & Malvern Motorhome Show amongst others!) I called Mick at SAP and asked if it would be possible to visit his premises and see a van with the E&P system fitted. This was no problem whatsoever and, as he appears to not know what time to finish on an evening, visiting him at gone 6pm was also a bonus.

Being able to meet Mick in person, see at first hand his workshop facilities, fitting method, vans in progress and a finished working system on a van helped me greatly in deciding where to spend my money.

In my opinion the E&P system is first class, the price is what it is (pretty much anywhere) the only factor to consider is to who you trust to do the work taking into account, their knowledge of the system, experience, attention to detail etc. etc. And in that regard the decision is ultimately yours.

The reason Mick at SAP garners so many good reviews and people travel the length and breadth of the country to use his services is because he is the go to man for E&P (and VB for that matter!). He is a proper engineer with a long history in the motorhome trade his skill and knowhow is second to none and he is the number 1 dealer for the product.

I would advise anyone (anywhere) who is considering having the E&P system fitted to at least go along and meet Mick and his team at SAP as part of your decision making process; thereafter, you put your money down where you see fit.

Just to conclude that Mick fitted full VB Air Suspension on our tag-axle motorhome alongside the E&P system. This was a job which required a feat of engineering many a fitter would have walked away from before even starting......but Mick likes a challenge!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
As part of my decision making process (which included visits to the NEC & Malvern Motorhome Show amongst others!) I called Mick at SAP and asked if it would be possible to visit his premises and see a van with the E&P system fitted. This was no problem whatsoever and, as he appears to not know what time to finish on an evening, visiting him at gone 6pm was also a bonus.

Being able to meet Mick in person, see at first hand his workshop facilities, fitting method, vans in progress and a finished working system on a van helped me greatly in deciding where to spend my money.

In my opinion the E&P system is first class, the price is what it is (pretty much anywhere) the only factor to consider is to who you trust to do the work taking into account, their knowledge of the system, experience, attention to detail etc. etc. And in that regard the decision is ultimately yours.

The reason Mick at SAP garners so many good reviews and people travel the length and breadth of the country to use his services is because he is the go to man for E&P (and VB for that matter!). He is a proper engineer with a long history in the motorhome trade his skill and knowhow is second to none and he is the number 1 dealer for the product.

I would advise anyone (anywhere) who is considering having the E&P system fitted to at least go along and meet Mick and his team at SAP as part of your decision making process; thereafter, you put your money down where you see fit.

Just to conclude that Mick fitted full VB Air Suspension on our tag-axle motorhome alongside the E&P system. This was a job which required a feat of engineering many a fitter would have walked away from before even starting......but Mick likes a challenge!

Hi Andy, why not copy and paste that here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/reviews/e-p-hydraulics.77/ (y)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
@Speve i am recommending from personal experience.
Its an expensive job and needs to be done well. SAP come highly recommended by others who have used them.
Distance shouldn't really come into it.
If there are personal recommendations for Spinney, thats fine.
I'm not knocking a company that i know nothing about. :D

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
@Speve i am recommending from personal experience.
Its an expensive job and needs to be done well. SAP come highly recommended by others who have used them.
Distance shouldn't really come into it.
If there are personal recommendations for Spinney, thats fine.
I'm not knocking a company that i know nothing about. :D
Not knocking you just making a point that there are other companies and as I said when you live in the South Doncaster is a long way and distance does come into it I know you said things shouldn’t go wrong but if they do it’s A very long trip.
I myself had EP fitted but by a company closer to home for convenience and they did a splendid job,I also left a review in the reviews section as I’m sure you have.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back