LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Not far from you Peter are Rosmia at Bonley they are E & P agents.

Rosmia
Units 2-4, Crosspost Industrial Park
Cowfold Road
Bolney , RH17
01444 880022

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
Couple of questions for those that have these systems (no on websites or online brochures):

Will either of the systems raise the vehicle enough to change a wheel safely ?

Will they work with a heavy (6 ton) vehicle on soft ground without burying themselves, or do you have to get out and faff around placing plates or blocks under them ? (so not much better than using ramps)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Couple of questions for those that have these systems (no on websites or online brochures):

Will they work with a heavy (6 ton) vehicle on soft ground without burying themselves, or do you have to get out and faff around placing plates or blocks under them ? (so not much better than using ramps)

Looking at your avatar I have the same base vehicle (616 Sprinter) as yourself. No problems changing a wheel with the E&P system

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome

They will lift the whole vehicle off the ground. They are powered in both directions so cannot get stuck. They have jacks to suit all weights of vehicles each lifting 2-10 tons.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Had new tyres fitted on our 4.5 tonne Carthago a while ago and I jacked the vehicle up, first one side then the other, so they didn't have to use their jacks. Takes a few seconds.

E&P system.

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
Looking at your avatar I have the same base vehicle (616 Sprintert) as your self. No problems changing a wheel with the E&P system
@canopus - thanks, that's good to know. Who fitted yours and did they find somewhere underneath to mount the pump unit ?
Can you give an indication of cost ? I seem to have problems getting anything specifically for a 616 as a lot of places view it as rare / obsolete.

The huge expense put me off at first but I'm warming to the idea now after all these positive reviews ! Currently carry 2 sets of ramps so the extra carrying space, ability to change a wheel, empty tank easily etc is appealing ....

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We have a Concorde Concerto and the E&P levelling was on it when we bought it some 5 years ago. I think it was originally fitted by Southdowns Motorhomes, but looking at the installation, it looked like Ray Charles assisted by Stevie Wonder had fitted it. The pump is in a small side locker. We took the van to SAP Doncaster and Mick Leightley re plumbed all the pipework so it was'nt visible, fixed a weep on the pump and refitted one of the jacks which was out of fixing alignment with the other three.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

We have the HPC system and it easily lifts all four wheels off the ground if necessary, great for checking tyres, changing wheels and lubricating Al-Ko axle.

If the ground is particularly soft we use these to spread the weight ..............

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Anyone got any pictures or at least a good description of where the pump unit is fitted on theirs. I've seen them underneath nicely out of the way but sometimes they appear to have been fitted in the garage/locker pinching storage space.
@Hettie's Crew here’s my installation done last week by Mick and his crew at Doncaster.
The Pump is in a waterproof box and the electronics box are fitted underneath.
They have done an amazing job and I’m really pleased with it.

John.

E5656968-95FD-4BBC-9049-7DAC6C40E8EF.jpeg
0914AC31-6C5E-42EA-AC45-0A253FEBD719.jpeg
CD307FF6-C5C3-4817-B5AD-816B4F303E8E.jpeg
BCDF9663-D488-48A9-835E-7BE02DEFDDFF.jpeg

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes

Current van is 7495kg and previous was 7400kg never had an issue with sinking in either van and the wheel was removed and tyre repaired using the E&P system at Quick Fit, the fitters were very impressed. However, it does say in E&P manual that the system is not designed for changing wheels. I guess I did it at my own risk.

I do have 4 cut scaffold boards to go under the jacks in really wet rally fields. The bigger the area the better in really bad conditions

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
We had 6 new tyres fitted last June using the E&P. They had to do the job outside as the MH was too tall to fit in one of their 4 bays. Fitter was gobsmacked, he'd never seen anything like it.
That is a major selling point for me as I've had similar issues - too big for workshops, too heavy for garage hydraulic ramps and trolley jacks (usually only rated 4 - 5 tons). I had extreme difficulty getting wheel alignment done as they wouldn't go underneath to free off a seized track rod end (health and safety). Had to buy a massive trolley jack and do it myself but even that sank into the tarmac road and left ruts from it's wheels !
The supplied jack works OK when I put a concrete flagstone under it, but even that doesn't inspire confidence. I would hate to have to use it at the roadside or on uneven ground that isn't totally solid.

Definitely a lot of benefits but with a hefty price tag for a 14 year old motorhome. It would be easier to swallow percentage-wise adding to a brand new one !

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That is a major selling point for me as I've had similar issues - too big for workshops, too heavy for garage hydraulic ramps and trolley jacks (usually only rated 4 - 5 tons). I had extreme difficulty getting wheel alignment done as they wouldn't go underneath to free off a seized track rod end (health and safety). Had to buy a massive trolley jack and do it myself but even that sank into the tarmac road and left ruts from it's wheels !
The supplied jack works OK when I put a concrete flagstone under it, but even that doesn't inspire confidence. I would hate to have to use it at the roadside or on uneven ground that isn't totally solid.

Definitely a lot of benefits but with a hefty price tag for a 14 year old motorhome. It would be easier to swallow percentage-wise adding to a brand new one !

Here you go, Axle stands just about to go under "honest"

IMG_0054.jpg

The blocks of wood are for extra lift to get under a do some painting.

Martin

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
I'm going to have to leave this group.
Can't believe how unhelpful everybody has been ......... :(

.... you were supposed to say these systems are cr@p, a complete waste of money and how you wished you'd never fitted them !

£5k is a lot of holiday money ! :whistle:

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
I suppose it all comes down to how much ya willing to spend on levelling .
Having had several RVS with the self levelling jacks , which were great but already fitted .... I'm not sure , personally I could warrant 4k with the fitting etc ... But if ya have the dosh then by all means go ahead . EP seem to have ok write ups. .
However I just use milenco 3 ramps & going to have the heavy springs fitted in a couple of weeks to compromise the nose down effect which most vans with 3 litre lump may have. ..
Thats an easy compromise for me ... Less we forget that having a perfect levelled van compromises the water run off , & watervsits on the roof ... Always best to be a bit squiffy ay ... hic !

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Don't forget, it can be transferred to a new motorhome should you change.
Only providing they are the correct size for the new van as I understand that the rams come in different lengths

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back