E&P Hydraulics (1 Viewer)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
But costly, next time you need a new tyre give us a shout I know a excellent company in Southampton :)
I meant that a long trip can be turned into another break or holiday regardless of the reason for it. Anyway I bought my current mh in Portsmouth so Southampton would be little extra :D.

OP
OP
Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
I meant that a long trip can be turned into another break or holiday regardless of the reason for it. Anyway I bought my current mh in Portsmouth so Southampton would be little extra :D.
Fair enough I also know of an excellent tyre dealer in the North of Scotland;) , unfortunately still working but if I wasn’t then your probably right

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I have E&P on my new van and can't wait for a week today when I get to push a button and make it work....

I have some quatro ramps for sale :)

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
They are near the top of our next van wish list, so come on all you
LE VOYAGEUR LV6.8LF
owners, get em fitted asap so you can reap the benefit, :whistle:

we're looking to change our van in 2 years (y)

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Anyone got any pictures or at least a good description of where the pump unit is fitted on theirs. I've seen them underneath nicely out of the way but sometimes they appear to have been fitted in the garage/locker pinching storage space.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ours is in a side locker but we do have quite a bit of storage, I have built a cover around it and carpeted to match the floor(y)

I noticed when we were at the Morelo factory that the chassis converters fit the pump to the side of the chassis and then Morelo cut out and put a hatch in the floor for access, that is for jacks ordered at build but not sure what they do for retrofit.

P1060682.jpg

Martin

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Here you go. Our installation on an Hymer Exsis I 578.
0AA22C63-07C9-4484-A36B-CE0E929B090F.jpeg
35EF172E-9542-48B9-9677-128F32C823B0.jpeg
Mick at SAP built a metal frame, cold galvanised it then built a plastic box for the pump. They had to extend two drain pipes which ran through the area as well. Fantastic job:)

Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Mick at SAP built a metal frame, cold galvanised it then built a plastic box for the pump. They had to extend two drain pipes which ran through the area as well. Fantastic job:)
I like that, We have a similar space on the off side just behind the gas locker. We can't really afford to lose storage space so this would be good for us, even better if there was a space further forward, we have spare weight allowance up front, so want it as forward as possible.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I think they chose a spot next to one of the holes in the side of the chassis so they could feed all the pipes and wires down the middle of the van without drilling anywhere on the galvanised Alko chassis. They used existing chassis bolts to fit the brackets too.

Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
why go anywhere else.
Well I wouldn't doubt his expertise or the quality of the work done by his team having read the reviews and spoken with him at Lincoln show. Having had experience of AS in Warrington fitting our air assist suspension I can say they too are very good at what they do.
We are debating between E&P at SAP or HPC at AS and of course do we want spend all that money. There are fors and againsts for each, though SAP is much nearer for us.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well I wouldn't doubt his expertise or the quality of the work done by his team having read the reviews and spoken with him at Lincoln show. Having had experience of AS in Warrington fitting our air assist suspension I can say they too are very good at what they do.
We are debating between E&P at SAP or HPC at AS and of course do we want spend all that money. There are fors and againsts for each, though SAP is much nearer for us.
I will be in the same boat later this year. We live in Kent so both are a long way away from us. Is there much difference in the price and how long it takes? It may come down to who will let us sleep in the van while we it is being done.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010

Why spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar. ... So the saying goes, don't spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar, which means don't ruin a wonderful thing by scrimping on the finishing touches.

SAP - you know it makes sense.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Had mine fitted at SAP by Mick, that was solely based on the reviews on here. For me i want good aftersales service and from what I had read on here i would have no issues when i did have issues if you know what i mean :). He even advised against having the Air suspension as he said it would be a waste of time on my MH as it was already quite high and i didnt need it, he could of got another 5k's worth of work out of me if he just said yes it is needed as i would not of known any difference.

However it is expensive but now i have it i dont know how i ever coped without it lol, we use it all the time. I made up my own blocks from Mick's recommendation as when i looked online they wanted silly money for something so simple. It was quite a distance for me to travel to get this done but i just picked up my new MH from Brownhills back in April last year and drove straight to his and left it with him and picked it up 2 weeks later (my choice) as i was not back up there till then. All in all cant fault them.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Why spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar. ... So the saying goes, don't spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar, which means don't ruin a wonderful thing by scrimping on the finishing touches.

SAP - you know it makes sense.
I have heard many good reports for both SAP and AS on here by people who I trust. So I do not think it is down to one is much better than the other, just which would suit us best in the circumstances.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I think ALKO purchasing E&P can be considered a seal of approval as can the fact their systems are standard equipment on some much respected manufacturers. They have emerged as clear leaders in the field of caravan/motorhome levelling.

Just finished a four month debarcle with a Italian system which simply did not work properly ending in it being removed and a full refund given.

Coincidentally visiting a Sussex based E&P dealer tomorrow to see if it can be fitted to my model of Motorhome.

My fault I tried to save myself £500!
@Ninjabob Are they the ones at Bolney? They are closest to us. How did you find them for price and helpfulness please?

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
@Ninjabob Are they the ones at Bolney? They are closest to us. How did you find them for price and helpfulness please?

They are the ones at Bolney (I am in Bromley). Very helpful - took a look at an install that was ongoing in their workshops and impressed by their detailing. Left a deposit for E&P Jacks and VB Comfort Semi Air. £7k in total fitted with E&P remote thrown in. My Bailey 75-2 (uprated at purchase to 3850Kg) has a low level AMC Chassis that is very low to the ground at the rear so the VB Air should help on the ferry as well as keeping everything level and giving a better ride. I would not be spending this kind of money unless the van was a keeper!!

I believe from my reading of the forum that several members here have been satisfied with their work.

OUCH!!

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
They are the ones at Bolney (I am in Bromley). Very helpful - took a look at an install that was ongoing in their workshops and impressed by their detailing. Left a deposit for E&P Jacks and VB Comfort Semi Air. £7k in total fitted with E&P remote thrown in. My Bailey 75-2 (uprated at purchase to 3850Kg) has a low level AMC Chassis that is very low to the ground at the rear so the VB Air should help on the ferry as well as keeping everything level and giving a better ride. I would not be spending this kind of money unless the van was a keeper!!

I believe from my reading of the forum that several members here have been satisfied with their work.

OUCH!!
@Ninjabob Many thanks for that. We are in Tunbridge Wells and they are the closest to us. If you don't mind me asking how much was it just for the jacks? We have a Hymer on an Alko maxi chassis at 4,500kg. It is not too low and I find the ride comfort is fine as is, so not looking for air assistance. Also do they put the pump etc inside the moho or outside like SAP do please?

Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Is there much difference in the price and how long it takes?
There's a couple of hundred quid difference, we were quoted £4995 by AS and I think SAP was £4795. The AS version has lighter alloy body jacks with the whole system weighing 40-45kg. The E&P is a little heavier.
AS said two days to fix and they would leave the Motorhome usable after the first day so you can go off to your site and return the next day. Cath gives you a lift into Warrington and picks you up when it's ready. There's a pub stop over nearby. Don't know about SAP

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
@Ninjabob Many thanks for that. We are in Tunbridge Wells and they are the closest to us. If you don't mind me asking how much was it just for the jacks? We have a Hymer on an Alko maxi chassis at 4,500kg. It is not too low and I find the ride comfort is fine as is, so not looking for air assistance. Also do they put the pump etc inside the moho or outside like SAP do please?

The E&P alone in my case was £5k including the remote control and I insisted and they agreed to fitting the pump underneath which was not an issue. I am trying to avoid a bloody great hole in the floor for all those hydraulic pipes (potential damp intrusion) and losing precious cupboard space. All the pipes are made to length on site as opposed to the MA-VE disaster were the too long pipes where coiled up (albeit neatly). The pipes are then covered in a protective plastic sheath. The hydraulic unit has some kind of cover (although I believe this is not actually necessary). Wiring as such utilises the existing grommets in the metal chassis cab.

I went for VB Comfort Semi Air as I have a number of modifications (Oyster 85cm, Truma Comfort Air, Spare Wheel & Carrier and Alko Towbar) which all bear down on the rear axle - 1940kg on 2000kg when fully loaded (this was with the MA-VE system fitted). I was told having the Semi Air would level things up and might help throw some of the weight forward (could be B^&ocks) but they appeared to know the stuff.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
There's a couple of hundred quid difference, we were quoted £4995 by AS and I think SAP was £4795. The AS version has lighter alloy body jacks with the whole system weighing 40-45kg. The E&P is a little heavier.
AS said two days to fix and they would leave the Motorhome usable after the first day so you can go off to your site and return the next day. Cath gives you a lift into Warrington and picks you up when it's ready. There's a pub stop over nearby. Don't know about SAP
You can stay in your van in the yard at SAP they plug you in if required, its only a short walk to the station for Doncaster but they will usually offer you a lift anyway, what's to choose between Doncaster vs Warrington I don't know.

Martin

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I am 70 in the summer and will need to extend my C1. Should be OK but I will not make a final decision until I am sure I can get it. Otherwise the moho will have to go. I suspect the decision may well be what meets I am going to in June/July this year, as it is a drag up to either Warrington or Doncaster just to get the work done.

Will both AS and SAP give you a quotation without seeing the moho?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
You may find a trip to Courtside conversions at Tiverton a little shorter.

Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Will both AS and SAP give you a quotation without seeing the moho?
If you send them as many photos as you can of the underneath and your locker spaces by email, together with your GVM weight and chassis type they will give you a quote.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back