Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Hi All
I seem to remember someone on here posting about this problem any one remember this ? we are away touring we are in Austria at the moment and I have received a couple of strange emails from a company called bio labs thanking me for my order ...none placed:-( I have today received a mail from yodel informing me that my del date is today . any advice would be great

Sue

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
This a SCAM!
Check your credit card statements immediately -you might find charges for amounts between £35 and £85. Each time you get an email saying your shipment is on it's way you will find another charge on your account.
It happened to me and a lot of other people.
The problem with this particular scam is that the company is based in Malaysia but the goods (slimming tablets) are dispatched from a warehouse in Glasgow). If you contact them your phone is redirected to a call centre in Malaysia and they will tell you you placed an order on such and such a date. They will cancel your order so you don't get any more deliveries but you have little chance of getting back any money you have already spent.
I was lucky because my card had been cloned day the day the first charge appeared on my account so I included it on the list of unrecognised charges. Their second charge came after the card had been cancelled.
Don't wait before you contact your CC provider.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gloworm
Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
thanks for info will try to get in touch our daughter has gone to our house to pick up statement will contact asap x

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I get 20 or 30 of these a day on one of my work email addresses. Thank you for your order, invoice attached blah blah, and quite a lot of the shipping ones. They all either have an attachment normally a zip file or a link to click. Don't click anything and delete away. It shouldn't be anything to worry about because nobody can associate your card details with your email address unless you have provided the info e.g actually ordered something. Even if they do manage to somehow get both pieces of information if it was cloning scam it isn't in their interest to alert you to it by sending an email.

OP
OP
gloworm
Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
update spoke to our daughter at home statement not arrived yet but parcel been left with a neighbour in city centre at minute but will contact cc when back st mh thanks for advice

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Lots of people been scammed with this, was reading online a few weeks ago.
Advice given was:
If parcel received return it with proof of posting as minimum, tracking number if possible. Call number inside parcel and give them tracking number.
Tell them to cancel all your details.
Contact your bank and put a block on the company.
If they then try to get anything from your account and succeed the bank has to reimburse you.

It was all to do with ordering a "free" sample paying P&P ( hence they got card details) then they keep sending but charge much higher amount.

This is the one I read about and yours sounds similar. Hope you get it sorted.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
This a SCAM!
Check your credit card statements immediately -you might find charges for amounts between £35 and £85. Each time you get an email saying your shipment is on it's way you will find another charge on your account.
It happened to me and a lot of other people.
The problem with this particular scam is that the company is based in Malaysia but the goods (slimming tablets) are dispatched from a warehouse in Glasgow). If you contact them your phone is redirected to a call centre in Malaysia and they will tell you you placed an order on such and such a date. They will cancel your order so you don't get any more deliveries but you have little chance of getting back any money you have already spent.
I was lucky because my card had been cloned day the day the first charge appeared on my account so I included it on the list of unrecognised charges. Their second charge came after the card had been cancelled.
Don't wait before you contact your CC provider.

Defo a scam... let your card folk know, they fought my battle in the end ... the had taken under that amount every month without me knowing (hadnt used any cards for a while) when i seen what was happening I got in touch ..oh it was awful.. parcels were sent to me but they "mistakenly" they had written it incorrectly and i wasnt receiving any parcels ... nightmare.. hundreds of pounds ...see the other thread recently... but thankx goes to barclaycard team ..

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Lots of people been scammed with this, was reading online a few weeks ago.
Advice given was:
If parcel received return it with proof of posting as minimum, tracking number if possible. Call number inside parcel and give them tracking number.
Tell them to cancel all your details.
Contact your bank and put a block on the company.
If they then try to get anything from your account and succeed the bank has to reimburse you.

It was all to do with ordering a "free" sample paying P&P ( hence they got card details) then they keep sending but charge much higher amount.

This is the one I read about and yours sounds similar. Hope you get it sorted.

yep it was like that xx Hope you get it sorted quick x

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Not familiar with this particular one but with an awful lot of the so called "free sample, just pay postage" things there will be, buried in the small print somewhere, something along the lines that once you receive the "free sample" unless you contact them to cancel you are agreeing to regular monthly orders. Not sure how this sits with the Distance Selling Regs but I know a lot of companies that do a similar sort of thing. They (not me) would argue that it isn't their fault you didn't cancel and therefore not a scam. Repeat: I am not saying I agree with this.

OP
OP
gloworm
Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi All thanks so much for all your replies have spoken to card company tonight and apparently they have been bombarded with requests for payments from our account most of which have been refused a few have slipped the net all are connected with pc games sites customer service at mastercard was superb and card has been cancelled..... relieved.com :)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hi All thanks so much for all your replies have spoken to card company tonight and apparently they have been bombarded with requests for payments from our account most of which have been refused a few have slipped the net all are connected with pc games sites customer service at mastercard was superb and card has been cancelled..... relieved.com :)
Glad to hear that.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
customer service at mastercard was superb and card has been cancelled..... relieved.com :)

c/s must be the busiest department at all the banks with the scammers going full blast, great news you have sorted it.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I had one telling me that the theatre tickets I have ordered could be printed by clicking on a link. I didn't click on the link.

I am away when my credit card statement comes but will ring them anyway.

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
I noticed there was a transaction I didn't recognise on my statement about 10 days ago. Phoned the bank and it seems someone must have got hold of my card details or cloned it somehow. There were about 20 transactions for poker sites, and various other online gaming/gambling ones. Thankfully the bank have refunded all so far, but I have absolutely no idea how anyone managed to get my card details, I'm always very careful. First I felt really sick and shocked about it, but now I feel angry towards the scumbags.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
With the number of people having their cards cloned at the moment there must be a very big hole in the security system somewhere. Is it a technical flaw that the scrotes are exploiting or is it just that they are compromising commercial web sites and stealing CC details?

OP
OP
gloworm
Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Reading through all these replies I am amazed just how much of this scamming is going on , In my case we have never requested any free samples so that's not the way they got me , I have apparently had two parcels delivered to my home :-( I can only wonder if this is done by the scammers to check they have your right address was a worry with us been away from home but sorted now thanks to m.card , it hasn't spoiled our trip we are having a great time but if we hadn't brought debit cards to it could have been a disaster, we had only used m,card a few times on this trip for fuel as I said it was safer :-( the card in question is only ever used for online bookings or amazon account which incidentally has a different email address attached , thanks again to all for help & support :)

sue

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
With the number of people having their cards cloned at the moment there must be a very big hole in the security system somewhere. Is it a technical flaw that the scrotes are exploiting or is it just that they are compromising commercial web sites and stealing CC details?
I've been trying to find that out since my card was scammed in May but Halifax Bank maintain that they don't have the information. I've complained to the FOS so waiting to see what comes of that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back