E-bike cover help (1 Viewer)

Jun 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Joined 2014
We have 2 ebikes dutch handlebars bought a cycle cover from sewandsos and its so heavy takes an hour to put on any ideas please we have a fiamma bike rack offset because of ladder about 100 MM. sticking out from side of van

We are going away to Holland next weekend and we bout a fiamma premium s but it's so complicated to put on cannot find any instructions anywhere I have noticed other fiamma covers whilst being on sites with bungee but not sure which model I need or should I persevere with the premium s if I can find instructions

Any help would be very welcome

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
Do you still have the box? There are six pictures on the RH side which is all the help they offer. Pretty useless but number 1 is the key. Because the cover completely encloses the bikes, you have to figure out how to get it onto the bike carrier before you lift the bikes on. The key is to open up the velcro flap and slide the back of the cover around the carrier on the van. The flap goes above the cross piece and hangs down between the vertical tubes. If you get that bit right you can lift the rear of the carrier up to handlebar level when the bikes are on.

Sorry it is very difficult to explain. I got there after quite a lot of trial and error. I have some photos which might help. PM me your email and I'll send them

Dave

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Taylormade do nice bike covers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
K
Jun 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Joined 2014
Thanks have worked out how it goes on but is far too heavy material canvass that the sownsow one I've also tried the fiamma with Velcro at back that's much lighter but takes ages to do
Fiamma do basic cover with bungees does anyone know what they are like

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We are going away to Holland next weekend and we bout a fiamma premium s but it's so complicated to put on cannot find any instructions anywhere I have noticed other fiamma covers whilst being on sites with bungee but not sure which model I need or should I persevere with the premium s if I can find instructions

Any help would be very welcome
When we had a bike rack we had one of those, useful as it fully encloses the bikes so you don't get all the road much thown up on them.
Know what you mean about putting it on, one day it goes on in minutes next time you try half hour later given up and about to throw it in the bin. Trick is once you have got it on when you take the bikes off don't take the cover off leave it on the rack just hold it on the wheel supports with a bungee or two then it is easy to pull back over the bikes.
Also water tends to get in a bit via the zips and you end up with a big puddle in the bottom, so I made a couple of holes in the bottom about 3-4mm dia. so it self drained I used a soldering iron but a hot screwdriver would work.

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
Thanks have worked out how it goes on but is far too heavy material canvass that the sownsow one I've also tried the fiamma with Velcro at back that's much lighter but takes ages to do
Fiamma do basic cover with bungees does anyone know what they are like

OK. We used one for our old (non electric) bikes. They wear through at pressure points and the bikes get a lot of stuff on them because they are open at the back.

Much prefer the Premium because the electrics are better protected, even though it is a faff.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
We bought a Fiamma Premium S and the first time we used it in the rain it ended keeping more water inside it then outside,
the material is not very waterproof, I would certainly not use one with E-bikes.
We have a Taylor made one now its heavy but keeps the water out.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I bought one of these in Austria last year due to the Fiamma cover falling to bits and ripping, had no problems with this one. Very strong material and once its on ts easy to load and unload the bike. I bought the concept fully enclosed version although the shop didnt have the straps so I use bungees. Water can still get in but its simple to just unzip and force out the pooled water. Never getting a Fiamma again, they're rubbish in comparison:

http://www.vancomfort.co.uk/bikeandcarriercovers.htm

Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
We found the Fiamma premium a complete pain. Took ages to discover how to fit when we first had it. Even now we know the way it sometimes takes forever. Material poor and soon began to wear. Not waterproof as rain would puddle and enter via the zip leaving a pool inside. Ideal atmosphere for rust!

For 2017 have replaced with a standard Fiamma which covers adequately and fits easily in a few minutes. The only downside is poor quality material so take care with any sharpish bits like the brake levers

We have the standard cover for 2/3 bikes but it certainly wouldn't take more than 2 bikes. We have 2 largish electric mountain bikes and they fit OK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back