Dytech unit (x250) what does it do ? (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I keep getting the ‘check engine’ warning and just assumed it was a clogged EGR but when I went to have a look to assess the job for it’s removal and cleaning I noticed that both pipes that connect to the dytech device have been chewed through by our resident pine (stone) martins...... one pipe is just hanging on and I can temp fix with tape (currently away for Easter) but one is completely shot. Will bodge a repair later today until we get back.

Anyone know what this unit does and could this be the source of my warning ?

I’m wondering if it takes air to a sensor of some sort as it’s very close to the EGR

I’ll hopefully get an error code number later as I’m at a garage waiting for Harry Potter and his enchanted calculator

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
I keep getting the ‘check engine’ warning and just assumed it was a clogged EGR but when I went to have a look to assess the job for it’s removal and cleaning I noticed that both pipes that connect to the dytech device have been chewed through by our resident pine (stone) martins...... one pipe is just hanging on and I can temp fix with tape (currently away for Easter) but one is completely shot. Will bodge a repair later today until we get back.

Anyone know what this unit does and could this be the source of my warning ?

I’m wondering if it takes air to a sensor of some sort as it’s very close to the EGR

I’ll hopefully get an error code number later as I’m at a garage waiting for Harry Potter and his enchanted calculator
Dytech is a brand name they manufacture hoses and other rubber components such as engine and component mounting. I think you are right to suspect an air leak is the cause of the management light showing.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks Joka

Harry Potter has given me 2 fault codes P0237 and P0238

Turbo sensor low and high

He’s also reset the ECU and cleared the fault, and I’ve bodged the pipes good and proper with some 4mm aquarium tube I normally use to keep my glasses on when in the canoe, maybe a bit of tape as well.....

DFCD5775-F24E-4C25-9DD7-6E14BD234017.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Nifty looking "bodge". In the past I've seen customers who have done similar and driven thousands of miles like that. Wouldn't recommend though but should be good for what you need.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back