Dynamic Line Bathroom Sink Tap Removal (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I know you are having trouble getting the lever off but if you do get if off, you could get a mini screwdriver set (in Spain all the Chinese shops sell them) so must be able to get them in France. Then just use the bit with a pair of pliers to turnthe scew at the back of the column. It's not tight only screws into plastic. You can then slide the outer barrel off.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Mind they do have drawbacks, 25 deg C at midnight so we had all the windows open, at 12.30am a Spanish Berlingo camper rocks up and parks nearby, you know the model with 20 or more sliding doors. They then set up the inside for sleeping which involved lots of banging and loud conversation and seemed to take forever. At 1am she is walking up and down behind vans holding a very loud telephone conversation which seemed to last 20 minutes or so, you gotta love the Spanish. It would be unlikely to happen on a campsite
Been on Spanish campsites in my caravaning days. Family next door huge TV in the awning volume up full untill gone 2 am, can't open your window because it hits the next van. Dust cart comes in at 2am to empty the bins. Then there is the disco at the bar going until 4am.
No thanks.:rofl:

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
I know you are having trouble getting the lever off but if you do get if off, you could get a mini screwdriver set (in Spain all the Chinese shops sell them) so must be able to get them in France. Then just use the bit with a pair of pliers to turn. It's not tight only screws into plastic. You can then slide the outer barrel off.
Have a good toolkit with me including watchmakers screwdrivers May give it a go once on the Rally and stationary for a few weeks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 23, 2017
Shipley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T - 588
Exp
Since 2004
Intrigued so looked at mine (Exsis T 588 - 2018) and access looks equally difficult, particularly to get grips in to squeeze the pipe clips apart. The photo looks better than the reality.

Assuming the taps are all the same with the microswitch in the lever (if this is the problem Stewart J ?) I wonder whether it would just be easier to cut the wires in the top of the tap and splice a new microswitch in, tape up temporarily and then do a proper heatshrink job back home? I could just imagine managing to get the pipes off, removing the nut and in the process pulling the wires so that they break in a very awkward location.

Lenny HB - how difficult is it to spring the clips whilst at the same time twisting the pipes and pulling them off? Your access certainly looks easier than mine and Stewart J.
20190826_120426.jpg
20190826_120448.jpg

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Roger mine is even more boxed in and the gubbins hidden behind panels, nothing of the pipes is visible. Photo of rh side looking under sink top, the black area round bowl is a shadow the wood panelling is fitted so well.
B2B1433F-F46A-43BB-BC9B-E8E7F571DBBF.jpeg

Jun 23, 2017
Shipley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T - 588
Exp
Since 2004
That does look extremely difficult. I have assumed that the basin itself has been glued with Sikaflex or similar to the top of the wooden framing which left me wondering how a Hymer workshop would go about replacing a complete tap if it was a warranty issue. Looks as though both cartridge and microswitch can replaced from the top once you can hopefully undo the screw. The wires for a new switch https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/w...or-reich-taps/microswitch-for-reich-kama-taps look long enough to hopefully thread down through the tap to reconnect again below.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Intrigued so looked at mine (Exsis T 588 - 2018) and access looks equally difficult, particularly to get grips in to squeeze the pipe clips apart. The photo looks better than the reality.

Assuming the taps are all the same with the microswitch in the lever (if this is the problem Stewart J ?) I wonder whether it would just be easier to cut the wires in the top of the tap and splice a new microswitch in, tape up temporarily and then do a proper heatshrink job back home? I could just imagine managing to get the pipes off, removing the nut and in the process pulling the wires so that they break in a very awkward location.

Lenny HB - how difficult is it to spring the clips whilst at the same time twisting the pipes and pulling them off? Your access certainly looks easier than mine and Stewart J.
View attachment 327002View attachment 327003
Very easy on mine you can just reach under there with a pair of molegrips don't even need to see it. Would be even easier if I wasn't a tight arse and bought the proper pliers for the job

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Roger mine is even more boxed in and the gubbins hidden behind panels, nothing of the pipes is visible. Photo of rh side looking under sink top, the black area round bowl is a shadow the wood panelling is fitted so well.View attachment 327008
Didn't look like anything that a lump hammer won't take care of. :ROFLMAO:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
That does look extremely difficult. I have assumed that the basin itself has been glued with Sikaflex or similar to the top of the wooden framing which left me wondering how a Hymer workshop would go about replacing a complete tap if it was a warranty issue. Looks as though both cartridge and microswitch can replaced from the top once you can hopefully undo the screw. The wires for a new switch https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/w...or-reich-taps/microswitch-for-reich-kama-taps look long enough to hopefully thread down through the tap to reconnect again below.
That is the wrong one Stewart's tap is a Vector.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Think I'd simply change to a pressure system. One in-line pressure switch, a couple of connectors, a one-way valve (only if submersible pump), job done.

Jun 23, 2017
Shipley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T - 588
Exp
Since 2004
I put a Whale pressure switch in my system because I wanted to use a shower head with a built in stop/start button. Works well with the Reich microswitch. Needs a bit of tweaking initially because it's quite sensitive to battery voltage.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back