Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
We have never used the system as nothing around here, just get flo gas to deliver it to the door without driving anywhere. I guess if you know where they are you get used to driving a particular route, as I said never used it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
be interested to know if this is still selling it after Fontwells fire
D22C8CBA-94A1-4FC7-BCAB-DCAB8F8C709B.png

Looks like it was last update at the beginning of April so hopefully still supplying

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Phoned Pease Pottage and they said they were waiting for a delivery - when I called in back in October they were waiting for a delivery - hopefully not the same one!

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
If you go on the Fill LPG website there is a link to the android app 👇👍

Broken Link Removed

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Phoned Pease Pottage and they said they were waiting for a delivery - when I called in back in October they were waiting for a delivery - hopefully not the same one!
Last time I went in there they were out of stock that was a couple of years ago.
It was reported as OK on the 27th April, may get a lot of taxis filling up there.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I guess it also depends on a persons style of motorhomeing. Some meander, personally we are in the A to B in the most direct, shortest, quickest route. We don’t deviate off route at all.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I guess it also depends on a persons style of motorhomeing. Some meander, personally we are in the A to B in the most direct, shortest, quickest route. We don’t deviate off route at all.
Couldn't handle that, we don't do planning just have an idea of where we are heading, never know where we are going to spend the night.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Couldn't handle that, we don't do planning just have an idea of where we are heading, never know where we are going to spend the night.
Yes all different. Some like campsite others like a lay-by, all different

Apr 30, 2010
Reading
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Returned 2010
We signed up to the T H White network where they have filling pumps on their shop car parks.
You have a key & a passcode so can access when the shops are closed, and you are invoiced at the end of the month with a direct debit payment of the account. Using the LPG for heat & cooking they also set our vat level at 5% so a little saving on pump price.

Regards

Arthur

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Thanks Lenny we posted at the same time!
We use Morrison’s Littlehampton.
we are away in the MH this weekend and are going to try Pease Pottage on the way home.

Godiva

Free Member
Jun 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 640
Exp
Nope, plenty in the south east I rember everyone going on about BP taking out LPG pumps 2 near us have put in new pumps.
Where can I fill up near london, Herts, beds Bucks?

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
It is going to become a pain in the wotsit. It already is. I had a station 1 mile from home, now gone in the last couple of months. Next nearest is about 6 miles, it was out of service last weekend, fixed midweek, and already broken again. Next nearest as I work round surrey and I'm starting to really clock up the miles, about 20 and that has just been reported as out of service, or I start perhaps going towards Hampshire and hope the Fleet services havent got rid .....

Probably less of an issue for some European countries where LPG vehicles had a higher take up but in the UK LPG motive power was always niche. Motorhomers don't justify forecourt pumps - I think the most I've even managed, even with the tank saying it was empty was under £10 (odd if I have a 25litre tank based on the manufacturer spec)

For future vehicles, the manufacturers will need to look away from LPG use if they haven't got space in the vehicle to revert to old style expensive bottles. But in the smaller vans, alternatives could also be an issue. How big a battery bank would you need to power that fridge? Do we try diesel for heating and cooking, until that too is phased out?

For existing vehicles there is a real quandry. You can get adaptor hoses so you could put a gas bottle to the LPG inlet so effectively your on board system now runs gas vapour rather than LPG in the onboard tank. But where do you store that portable bottle whilst driving along and how do you stop someone nicking it once on sit

It is going to become a pain in the wotsit. It already is. I had a station 1 mile from home, now gone in the last couple of months. Next nearest is about 6 miles, it was out of service last weekend, fixed midweek, and already broken again. Next nearest as I work round surrey and I'm starting to really clock up the miles, about 20 and that has just been reported as out of service, or I start perhaps going towards Hampshire and hope the Fleet services havent got rid .....

Probably less of an issue for some European countries where LPG vehicles had a higher take up but in the UK LPG motive power was always niche. Motorhomers don't justify forecourt pumps - I think the most I've even managed, even with the tank saying it was empty was under £10 (odd if I have a 25litre tank based on the manufacturer spec)

For future vehicles, the manufacturers will need to look away from LPG use if they haven't got space in the vehicle to revert to old style expensive bottles. But in the smaller vans, alternatives could also be an issue. How big a battery bank would you need to power that fridge? Do we try diesel for heating and cooking, until that too is phased out?

For existing vehicles there is a real quandry. You can get adaptor hoses so you could put a gas bottle to the LPG inlet so effectively your on board system now runs gas vapour rather than LPG in the onboard tank. But where do you store that portable bottle whilst driving along and how do you stop someone nicking it once on site.
I know Surrey is a big place but did you know there is a new one at the Texaco on the A25 between Dorking and Leatherhead?

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
I was wrong I've got it on my phone and it's working and up to date.
The app developer withdrew it from the Google app store in August last year and said that it was no longer under development or supported, but would continue to work for existing users until such time as any changes to the FillLPG website might break it.

It was not created by FillLPG and was an independent project by a different developer, that hooks into the main website. He pulled the plug after becoming fed up of app users leaving bad reviews and blaming him for issues that were caused by the developers of the FillLPG website itself and completely out of his control.

If you open the About page in the app and follow the link to the author's site you can read his various posts about it.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
The app developer withdrew it from the Google app store in August last year and said that it was no longer under development or supported, but would continue to work for existing users until such time as any changes to the FillLPG website might break it.

It was not created by FillLPG and was an independent project by a different developer, that hooks into the main website. He pulled the plug after becoming fed up of app users leaving bad reviews and blaming him for issues that were caused by the developers of the FillLPG website itself and completely out of his control.

If you open the About page in the app and follow the link to the author's site you can read his various posts about it.
There is still a link on the filllpg website that takes you to Google Play.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
It's probably been mentioned before, but Search for Sites has started showing LPG outlets on its app/site.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
There is still a link on the filllpg website that takes you to Google Play.
You have to read the posts on the developer's website and the "important" link in the notes on the Google play store page for the app. It hasn't been updated since August 2019. The author has withdrawn it from the Google play store, but due to the way that Google operates the play store, it will remain available through the link on the main FillLPG site until such time as the owners of that site remove the link. So it appears to that extent, the owner of an app has no control over his or her own software, once it has been uploaded to the store!

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
We stopped the other day for groceries and diesel and they had a lpg tank so it was only £8 but it was a case of well I may as well fill up the tanks.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We are quite lucky here at PE6, as we have 6 x Autogas outlets along a 20 x mile stretch, with 4 x being within 8 x miles of us.

We always try to top up on the way home, or if not, certainly on the way out again. Flogas P/Boro is our favourite outlet @ £0.58ppl. Next door is a very busy LPG converter, so I think our favourite supplier will be there for many years yet.

I still use the myLPG.eu App, and was able to confirm Autogas availability at Telford Services a couple of weeks ago, and top up on the way to Shrewsbury. Unfortunately, the pump was out of order on the way back. :(

I must get in touch with Flogas to get an updated list of their keyed sites, many of which they took over from Countrywide Farmers. They were quite prevalent from the Midlands, and over to the West Country at one time.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I'm more or less midway between Pease Pottage and the one on the A23/A27 Patcham roundabout so have used both since the one on the filling station at Hickstead ( 3 miles from me) had the LPG pump removed about 2 yrs ago.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back