Monkeynuts2215

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 6, 2020
Ashford Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 600
Exp
Please can somebody give me some light at the end of a long dark Dvla tunnel. My dealership sent off the paperwork to register our new van on the 8th of July 2021. We have heard nothing more. I sent an Email to dvla which included my chassis number to ask when will i get my V05.
Response from then was we will reply to your Email in 10 days.
Please please can anyone of you guys tell me when i can expect my log book as we were silly and booked trips that are not refundable.
Regards
Paul & Linda

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes once showing in the DVLA system you don't need to wait for the V5C, without it if anyone needs to check the ownership (eg police) they can do so.

As for how long ... judging by some of the previous threads on this forum it could be a good few months I'm afraid.

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Please can somebody give me some light at the end of a long dark Dvla tunnel. My dealership sent off the paperwork to register our new van on the 8th of July 2021. We have heard nothing more. I sent an Email to dvla which included my chassis number to ask when will i get my V05.
Response from then was we will reply to your Email in 10 days.
Please please can anyone of you guys tell me when i can expect my log book as we were silly and booked trips that are not refundable.
Regards
Paul & Linda
Ours was delivered to DVLA on the same date. If they carried on clearing them at the same rate as in the last few weeks then ours should be dealt with a week next Monday ( week commencing). BUT someone posted earlier that they seemed to have slowed down again. Our dealer still says we can use ours in UK as they let us bring it home, we aren't going to test it out.
At the moment we are working on snags via telephone calls to the dealer. Like yourselves we want to off as soon as we can. We are booked on tunnel 1st September but at the present rate it's not going to happen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Yes once showing in the DVLA system you don't need to wait for the V5C, without it if anyone needs to check the ownership (eg police) they can do so.

As for how long ... judging by some of the previous threads on this forum it could be a good few months I'm afraid.
That's sounds right, but if going abroad you need to have a V5C.

OP
OP
Monkeynuts2215

Monkeynuts2215

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 6, 2020
Ashford Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 600
Exp

Thats me out of pocket again then , my own fault should not have booked any trips.

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
I am still waiting for my v5 posted to dvla on 17th June
Spoke to them yesterday and they have all info and are waiting for it to be keyed in whatever that means.
They did say it will show up today or friday so nearly 2 months up until now.

OP
OP
Monkeynuts2215

Monkeynuts2215

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 6, 2020
Ashford Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 600
Exp
Kelv you actually spoke to someone , what info do they ask for.
I have not been able to speak to a human yet. Is yours a new van as well.

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Kelv you actually spoke to someone , what info do they ask for.
I have not been able to speak to a human yet. Is yours a new van as well.
Yes new van
spoke to an actual person just keep ringing and go through the options they do answer the phone I have spoken to them a couple of times.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
There was a thread the other day, where the long wait to hear from DVLA caused the Funster concerned to get in touch with his / her MP. Apparently, everything was sorted in days. Just saying... :unsure:

May 17, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance SE
Exp
I am a Newbie
Paul & Linda,

My V5 arrived this morning after my dealership sent off the paperwork on the 5th. July. So hopefully yours should arrive soon. However I had purchased a personalised reg number beforehand, so not sure if that had any influence on speeding up the process . Prior to receiving my V5 the DVLA had informed me by email that registration would take between 6 to 10 weeks to complete.

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
There was a thread the other day, where the long wait to hear from DVLA caused the Funster concerned to get in touch with his / her MP. Apparently, everything was sorted in days. Just saying... :unsure:
My MP said that they would get confirmation of legality or not of driving
without paperwork. I have sent him another email, but no reply.
Maybe he's waiting for them to answer the phone!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
But how do i check if its on the system if i dont have a reg plate šŸ¤”
Didn't the dealer give you the registration number? They usually ask you to choose one which is then assigned to your vehicle when they register it.

If you have the number you just stick it in the below to check if it's registered.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Ours was done in exactly 6 weeks. We DID have a reg number from date of purchase.
Our paperwork was received by DVLA on 7th July.

OP
OP
Monkeynuts2215

Monkeynuts2215

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 6, 2020
Ashford Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 600
Exp
Kelv i could kiss you , i spoke to a human and they have given us a reg plate and V5 has already been sent out and should be with us in a few days. Thank you for all your help i owe you a massive beer when we hopefully meet you on a site šŸ˜Š šŸ˜€ šŸ‘

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Kelv i could kiss you , i spoke to a human and they have given us a reg plate and V5 has already been sent out and should be with us in a few days. Thank you for all your help i owe you a massive beer when we hopefully meet you on a site šŸ˜Š šŸ˜€ šŸ‘
So glad you got it sorted hope they send mine soon

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
My MP said that they would get confirmation of legality or not of driving
without paperwork. I have sent him another email, but no reply.
Maybe he's waiting for them to answer the phone!!
Itā€™s summer, mp,s go on holiday now till the autumn. Thatā€™s why the country runs better then.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Somehow I suspect the beer will suffice! :LOL:

OP
OP
Monkeynuts2215

Monkeynuts2215

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 6, 2020
Ashford Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 600
Exp
Hi i took Kelv advice hung on the phone got pulled from pillar to post but got rewarded for my patience as i was given my reg number and was told that i would get the v5 within 5 working days.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Hi i took Kelv advice hung on the phone got pulled from pillar to post but got rewarded for my patience as i was given my reg number and was told that i would get the v5 within 5 working days.
You just need now to put the registration number in the online system & check that it shows up. It might well be there but I never trust anyone.

OP
OP
Monkeynuts2215

Monkeynuts2215

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 6, 2020
Ashford Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 600
Exp
You just need now to put the registration number in the online system & check that it shows up. It might well be there but I never trust anyone.
Went onto the system it was all there ,but we have personal platesxthat we held on retention that will be going on .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back