mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
not to be cynical, who me? has it occurred to anyone maybe them who work to discourage us motorhomers might just not want us old folk driving around in large boxes bolted onto two chassis rails:D:D:cool:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
not to be cynical, who me? has it occurred to anyone maybe them who work to discourage us motorhomers might just not want us old folk driving around in large boxes bolted onto two chassis rails:D:D:cool:

Could be but then a Car n Caravan is a different thing going down the road, some of them are quite Mental.
Pete

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I must have an effect on DVLA or my surname means something to the operatives. I've removed two cherished number plates, bought another motorbike and a car in the last 4 weeks. All paperwork arrived within a week. To shock me even more I sent in my HGV Class 1 licence last week for renewal and it arived today. Funny how we brag about good service when years ago it was standard practice to look after customers. Now it's only a matter of how much money they can extract from us for doing nothing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
Posted my application for an uprate on 10 Aug, got the new V5 back today. They must have improved their service.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
M
I must have an effect on DVLA or my surname means something to the operatives. I've removed two cherished number plates, bought another motorbike and a car in the last 4 weeks. All paperwork arrived within a week. To shock me even more I sent in my HGV Class 1 licence last week for renewal and it arived today. Funny how we brag about good service when years ago it was standard practice to look after customers. Now it's only a matter of how much money they can extract from us for doing nothing.
Must be me then, bought a car 6 weeks ago & still waiting for the v5 to arrive, changing the tax class from disabled to PLG is probably too difficult for them.

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
I am still waiting! I will be on the phone tomorrow to see where it is. will let you know how I get on:(
:mad::mad::mad:
To say I am not happy would be an understatement!
Just spoken to DVLA who tell me there is a 5 week delay, over and above the usual 6 week turnaround. How come some people get there's back sooner??
I asked what I am supposed to do about going to Europe where it's a requirement to carry V5 and he said he could send me a certificate with the old weight on. He couldn't see any problem with this as it wouldn't be illegal abroad. I asked how he expected me to get to The Tunnel as we will be over the 3.5. No response to that...
Asked to speak to a supervisor, they are all in meetings till 14:00, that was at 10:00, I suggested they stop having meetings and deal with the backlog!!!
Now waiting for a supervisor to call....
Will keep you posted

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
:mad::mad::mad:
To say I am not happy would be an understatement!
Just spoken to DVLA who tell me there is a 5 week delay, over and above the usual 6 week turnaround. How come some people get there's back sooner??
I asked what I am supposed to do about going to Europe where it's a requirement to carry V5 and he said he could send me a certificate with the old weight on. He couldn't see any problem with this as it wouldn't be illegal abroad. I asked how he expected me to get to The Tunnel as we will be over the 3.5. No response to that...
Asked to speak to a supervisor, they are all in meetings till 14:00, that was at 10:00, I suggested they stop having meetings and deal with the backlog!!!
Now waiting for a supervisor to call....
Will keep you posted
Spoke to Supervisor who assures me I'm in the queue...I explained I would have to cancel my trip if I don't have V5, offered to email the relevant manager and see if they can bring it forward. Thanks say I but if it doesn't arrive what then. I need to ring again next Thursday and if it's not been done they can email an export certificate which will suffice.
Still not happy but what else can you do.

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Surely that could open up a huge can of worms for you :cautious:
Have to admitted I'm not sure what it is! It doesn't make sense to me I am going to do a bit of Googling tonight....

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The used to issue a certificate while you were waiting for a V5 you had to ask for, they no longer do it, stopped years ago.
An "Export Certificate" probably wouldn't we allowed to drive in the country you have exported it to until registered in that country. :)

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
The used to issue a certificate while you were waiting for a V5 you had to ask for, they no longer do it, stopped years ago.
An "Export Certificate" probably wouldn't we allowed to drive in the country you have exported it to until registered in that country. :)
Having looked on Google it appears they can issue a certificate if you are having a V5 amended, it does come under the Export heading, if under 12 months. Maybe she used the wrong terminology. I will be fully informed before I phone them next Thursday!! I will ensure I ask all the questions befor accepting anything

Middy42

Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
Hi all, has anyone had to do treadmill test after surgery, and if so how long after test until the license arrived.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi all, has anyone had to do treadmill test after surgery, and if so how long after test until the license arrived.
Hi
My op was in 1991 no treadmill test after the op only before, so sorry I can't help with you're question, but my application arrived at Swansea 26th June for 12th September renewal still waiting, when I phoned it was with the medical team who had a back log. Pete

Middy42

Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
Mine arrived DVLA 30th June heard nothing.

Middy42

Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
Maybe longer, although they got my application on the 30th it was not logged on to their system until the 10th July.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I changed my address on my driving license online on Tuesday and got new license on Friday, cannot grumble at that.

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Having looked on Google it appears they can issue a certificate if you are having a V5 amended, it does come under the Export heading, if under 12 months. Maybe she used the wrong terminology. I will be fully informed before I phone them next Thursday!! I will ensure I ask all the questions befor accepting anything
Well I didn't need to make a phone call, our postman was early today and delivered the new V5 and its correct. Thank you DVLA I am very relieved

Middy42

Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
Pleased for you, I am just waiting hopefully.

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Pleased for you, I am just waiting hopefully.
Good luck, have you phoned I did find them they are helpful even if they couldn't tell what I wanted to hear!!
At least I now have the V5 to take away with us next week and it took 6 weeks which is what they advise. Not sure if my phone calls made any difference!

Middy42

Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
After 9 weeks received a letter this morning, they need to contact my consultant. Fxxxxxx

countryman

Free Member
Apr 4, 2014
suffolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi all, after successful bypass operation I applied for renewal of my 7.5ton license sent recorded delivery reached DVLA on the 30th June. Up to now heard nothing. I think it's disgusting after closing all regional offices not enough staff at Swansea. Barrie
Hi Barry glad you on the mend,hope you get your licience soon or Mike and myself will come and see you.???

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just phoned them again about my refund that I've now been waiting over 4 months for, they are still processing it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back