DVLA vehicle registration (1 Viewer)

Jun 17, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Impressa 115
Exp
On and off since 2008
Just wondered if any other members have experienced problems with DVLA. Collected vehicle 9 July, dealer done all paper work and first registration and sent it off in the normal manner. Yet checking with DVLA my mh still is not registered, and even though I am insured they have told me that it’s not allowed on the road. My dealer tells me that they have had problems at DVLA, which obviously does not help me. Has anyone had similar issues.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Even in the good times the DVLA advises dealers to allow 2 to 3 weeks for registering a new vehicle. They deal with them in the order of date received. Your dealer should be able to tell you the date the DVLA signed for the documents. This link takes you to a page which shows which dates they are currently processing for the various types of applications.
New vehicle registrations are currently showing 23 June.

Upvote 0

Monkeynuts2215

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 6, 2020
Ashford Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 600
Exp
Its driving me nuts , as we are new to all this, i am like a kid waiting for Christmas on January 1st lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Monkeynuts2215

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 6, 2020
Ashford Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 600
Exp
Dont think an MP will get involved with the mini strikes by dvla, which are causing the delays. I have been told that that i may not have my knaus registered until September, that yet another trip where i lose my deposit, thanks you DVLA

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I suspect there is very little anyone can do, even an MP. There is probably a large room full of unopened sacks of mail, all with a tag showing the date received. When the bag with your application in has the earliest date they will drag it out, open the letters and process the application. Currently they are dragging out the sacks they received on the 23 June.
Dont think an MP will get involved with the mini strikes by dvla, which are causing the delays. I have been told that that i may not have my knaus registered until September, that yet another trip where i lose my deposit, thanks you DVLA
When did the DVLA receive your registration application from the dealer? The dealer should know this.

Upvote 0

Monkeynuts2215

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 6, 2020
Ashford Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 600
Exp
I suspect there is very little anyone can do, even an MP. There is probably a large room full of unopened sacks of mail, all with a tag showing the date received. When the bag with your application in has the earliest date they will drag it out, open the letters and process the application. Currently they are dragging out the sacks they received on the 23 June.

When did the DVLA receive your registration application from the dealer? The dealer should know this.
Over 3 and a half weeks a go.

Upvote 0

Aji

Dec 8, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Sgx
Exp
Neen
I have been very lucky, the dealer I purchased the van from also has car dealerships, they are all set up to register the vehicle online.
Van arrived at the dealer 20th July and was registered.
I received the V5c on 30th July, the V5c actually shows the 1st registration date as 2nd Aug.
As others have stated, paper registrations are taking forever,

Ally

Upvote 0

Monkeynuts2215

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 6, 2020
Ashford Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 600
Exp
I have been very lucky, the dealer I purchased the van from also has car dealerships, they are all set up to register the vehicle online.
Van arrived at the dealer 20th July and was registered.
I received the V5c on 30th July, the V5c actually shows the 1st registration date as 2nd Aug.
As others have stated, paper registrations are taking forever,

Ally
That's great Ally mine has to be done via paper this time, but the 1st van we got by the same dealership was dont electronically

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Over 3 and a half weeks a go.
3 weeks would not be unusual even in good times. If the dates given on their website are to be believed you have about another 3 weeks before your date is reached. Of course if they are reducing the backlog it could be less but if it is getting worse it could be longer.

I would get the exact date the DVLA signed for for the application from your dealer, assuming he didn’t just send it in the normal post. You can then watch the DVLA processing dates and know when to expect some action.
Once they have reached your date you can start looking online for the registration.

Upvote 0

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
I have been waiting for my log book the dealer said they sent paperwork of on June 15th
Rang them to chase and they have said the registration has been rejected and a letter was sent to me on July the 12th no such letter has arrived the dealer has said he is going to resend application so I am back to square one after 8 weeks nightmare...

Upvote 0

Monkeynuts2215

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 6, 2020
Ashford Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 600
Exp
Me to lost money on first trip now looking like losing on my 2nd trip. Im like a kid waiting for Christmas

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
For OP

Can the dealer lend you some trade plates? If so, don't give them back till he sorts out DVLA.

Geoff
He's hardly likely to do that as the plates wouldn't be used as per legislation. ie For trade purposes.

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Look on the bright side.
If they first register the 'van in September, it will have a 'New' Registration

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
That is terribly disappointing for you. The dealer must know what they got wrong on the registration application, otherwise there is little point in resubmitting it. I am not sure why the DVLA would write to you because you did not submit the application, I would expect the correspondence to be with the dealer and why didn’t they resubmit as soon as it was rejected. I am suspicious that the dealer is trying to cover up their own mistakes.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back