DVLA the good and the bad! (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2015
Worthing,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Fairford PVC
Exp
Since 2002
I have just renewed my driving licence to keep C1. The DVLA were very quick, licence back within a week and granted. However my birthday is 26/10 and I assumed that the renewal would date from then but when it came back the renewal date is 25/8, the date of application, so I lost 2 months.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Look at this philosophically.
At some stage you will lose some time on your Licence when you are no longer able to use it.
That's assuming, of course that you don't 'curl your toes up' on the anniversary of applying for your C1, and, even if you did, no doubt Swansea would cash the cheque before your relatives could inform them of your demise.
It's better to have the benefit of that licence now.

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
I would not mind loosing 2 months on mine! Had medical,returned all paperwork. 10 days later letter arrives telling me I need exercise ECG then will be assessed by medical panel.
Still awaiting consultant appointment.
Driving on borrowed time at present.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
It is an error on DVLAs part. Contact them as your renewed licence should run from the expiry date of your old licence. Some staff are not aware of this. This seems to be happening more often.

Joan had this happen and when we contacted DVLA they sent a new one with the correct date.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back