LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
On Thursday 9th June, I got a letter from the DVLA saying that my digital tachograph card is due for renewal at the end of August. They said that you must apply at least 15 days before the expiry and be in receipt of the new card to continue driving (tachograph fitted vehicles). Please enclose a cheque (not filled in a cheque for 5 years) or a postal order for £19.00 (its all pay out for professional drivers. Licence renewal (everyone), ADR course and card (5 year renewable), DCPC (as opposed to the CPC), 35 hours over 5 years theoretical (7 hours per year but could be same module 5 times) at a cost, FLT retests to name but a few, medical every 5 years after 45 (possibly changing apparently. Medical every year after 65)).
As I'm away during July and I didn't want to forget and there was a contact number to renew over the phone. I phoned and asked can I renew now. Yes as long as I had my renewal notice. All done and dusted within a few minutes.
That was at 5.25pm. Got my new digital tachograph card at 10.30 am on Saturday 11th June. That to me was superb service.
The reason I'm posting this is because a few departments of the DVLA have come in for severe criticism recently and I just wanted to say how extremely impressed I was with such sterling service.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I keep thinking about putting a private ( always strikes me as strange calling them that ) number on the van.
Very reluctant though due to all the horror stories..

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Jaws - considering the actual amount of applications for this that and the other they actually handle every day - in actual fact the amount of stuff times goes wrong is absolutely tiny in comparison!

Anything you have to send, scan it, save it and colour print it before you stick the envelope in the post. Having done all that - they won't lose any of it! LOL

So far - Pete had held his licence since the mid 60s and I mine since the mid 80s and between us we have only had one problem ever. Well - I have not Pete. And why was that? Because I'd filled the form in wrong, that's why! so it was MY fault entirely, but not assisted by their systems, which funnily enough - weren't designed to assist bloody idiots!! LOL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Glenn sent his licence renewal form into the dvla on 20th March. Just got a date for his medical for 23rd June. Hardly quick work. We've given up thinking we're ever going to get abroad. So not as impressed with the dvla as Ex5:(:cry::cry::cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back