Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Yeah record LONG time. Sent the V5C in on 27th July and just received the amended logbook today. Almost seven weeks. Really glad the DVLA aren't in charge of Air Traffic Control!!!

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Customer had hers turn up after 9 months!

She was unable to tax, or sorn it over the winter as she had no V5/Renewal, she complained - they sent the log book....and then fined her £80, for not taxing or sorning which they would not let her do!:Doh:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
They must do stuff in batches.. We sent ours off a couple of weeks ago for an amendment.. And it came back today too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yeah record LONG time. Sent the V5C in on 27th July and just received the amended logbook today. Almost seven weeks. Really glad the DVLA aren't in charge of Air Traffic Control!!!

Looking at it from a slightly different angle. How much of the 7 weeks was taken up by communications being in the air between Tasmania and the UK? :Smile:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
DVLA is very good and organised, they told me so and no government dept/agency would ever lie, would they?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Customer had hers turn up after 9 months!

She was unable to tax, or sorn it over the winter as she had no V5/Renewal, she complained - they sent the log book....and then fined her £80, for not taxing or sorning which they would not let her do!:Doh:

all she had to do was go into truro ask to speak to the manager and i,m sure it would be sorted straight away . i find the staff in pydar house very helpfull. shame they are closing .
have known neville there sort me log books in a couple of days . thats after registering foreign vehicles in uk . debbie the manager is spot on at sorting problems .

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Most of the local DVLA offices have closed/or are closing and the work is being forced onto the Post Office without any resourcing or proper training . Most people on here would be unaware of the scams to get car tax on v5 not in the correct names or addresses . I had a guy last week trying to get tax with an old log book that wasn,t bar-coded had three different owners entered manually on the form plus tippexing out , when i refused he threatened to wait for me after work and sort me out and i had done nothing to wind him up other than refuse the tax

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
they tell me some local post offices can now do lots of things that dvla used to . our local one is one of them . its a shame the local dvla offices are closing . used to be excellant for vehicle inspections . for imports or down platting . i assume the post offices will have imput straight to dvla computer in swansea though.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
they tell me some local post offices can now do lots of things that dvla used to . our local one is one of them . its a shame the local dvla offices are closing . used to be excellant for vehicle inspections . for imports or down platting . i assume the post offices will have imput straight to dvla computer in swansea though.

Its easy to knock these large government institutions but i think we will be a lot worse off without them but time will tell .
Yes we have some direct imput to the DVLA computer the difficulty is understanding the problem and how to deal with it .

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Had to renew the photo in my drivers licence so did it all on-line filled it all in paid said fee £20 quid did that last Friday licence turned up on Tuesday..Impressed I'll say ...Last time it took 8 weeks...

So DVLA pat on the back this time..:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Its easy to knock these large government institutions but i think we will be a lot worse off without them but time will tell .
Yes we have some direct imput to the DVLA computer the difficulty is understanding the problem and how to deal with it .

i dont knock them i find most work very well at least have for me . i hope our local post office will also be excellent . they are and have been very good so far.
i think the customer confuses things and very often doesnt fill the forms correct that causes the trouble.having been involved in building cars m,bikes , changing trucks etc over the years i have found our local services down here excellent .
importing vehicles etc no probs . just have the right forms and paperwork done in a visit and log book delivered in a couple of days every time .

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Had a USA serving soldier in today trying to tax her car which was an import from the states , it was a renewal but the first tax disc was exempt as stated on the log book (V5) i didn,t know USA service personel serving in the UK got a free disc for the first year . The computer would not let me complete the transaction and i could not find anyone on the helpline who knew what to do . Had a massive queue before i had to turn her away

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back