DVLA on the ball……..not. (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Among the many threads on Fun about the appalling service provided by the DVLA some may remember my saga of delay in getting my C1 renewed.
It started in May and took until the end of August to finally receive my new licence and that was only because I spent many hours on the phone and finally managed to speak to a human. The licence was delivered just a few days before we left for six weeks in France……phew!
As part of that process I emailed my MP with copies to others in high places.

I thought you might be interested to see the written reply I received today from DVLA.
Note the dates, it’s taken them three months to reply to a query from the Secretary of State.
Wonderful service again.

9363EA37-A3A4-43B6-863F-81D6270E7D43.jpeg

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The letter doesn't actually say how long Shapps took to pass the email on. Was the delay actually down to the DVLA or Shapps?

Perhaps the DVLA should be more frank about the cause of the "unprecented demand". I don't know how many of the 142k people who have died as a result of the pandemic were drivers or owned vehicles but for every case there would be the cancellation of a driving licence and/or the transfer of a vehicle ownership to process. It's hardly surprising that there are delays.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
I sent my C1 application in June using the fact that my passport is under ten years old giving the number should have let the DVLA access it to use that photo. Ten weeks later I get all the forms back telling me they cannot use my passport photo. So another ten weeks and still no licence

Completely lost.
Sent from my iPad

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The letter doesn't actually say how long Shapps took to pass the email on. Was the delay actually down to the DVLA or Shapps?

Perhaps the DVLA should be more frank about the cause of the "unprecented demand". I don't know how many of the 142k people who have died as a result of the pandemic were drivers or owned vehicles but for every case there would be the cancellation of a driving licence and/or the transfer of a vehicle ownership to process. It's hardly surprising that there are delays.

I got a very similar letter but the delay in my case was 18 months, not 3 months and was before covid.

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Still waiting since mid June. Sent the C1 off but did not include a photo as licence had more than 56 days. Left and have current passport 4 years old. 10 weeks later all forms returned with a letter stating they could not process my application as no photo. Sent the letter back the same day but. 10 weeks later no sign. I emailed them to enquire got a reply back this morning tell me as confidential they could not reply via email and gave me 03007906806 as the number to call. Been trying since this morning, dialled over 100 times also tried 03007906801 same result.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BDM

Aug 17, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2008
After using D4Drivers, £55 for a 10 minute chat, sent off forms DVLA to retain C1 on 26th October, did NOT include a photo, received new license on 17th November with my old license photo used on it..... I nearly did the lotto!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Perhaps the DVLA should be more frank about the cause of the "unprecented demand".
They are all using the same excuse no matter who you phone, dval, hmrc, esa, any gov. dept, banks ,etc;etc;etc; & have been for at least the last 10 years. If you can't answer the phone within 5 minutes you do not have enough staff.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Perhaps Computer Weekly have some new information but when I last applied the link to the passport was only for proof of identity, not for the photograph.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back