LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Our MH has been up-plated from 3500Kg to 3700Kg through SV Tech. You will not be surprised to learn that the V5C issued by DVLA is incorrect. As appears to be the norm, they have amended the revenue weight but not the maximum permissible mass. I am about to return it for correction but I am aware that others have experienced difficulties with this.

My recollection is that, around April/May of this year, a Funster posted some very helpful guidance as to what to do in these circumstances including, in particular, giving the name and contact details of the only person at DVLA who knows something about this problem. I have tried to locate this using the search facility but without success. Could the OP or someone else please point me in the direction of it? It would be most gratefully received, for I am a bit of a dunce when it comes to computers.

IMG_0823.JPG

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I think it was Minxy that put a contact number up.... I'll see if I can find it, as I'm expecting the same shortly.

@Stretto Boy I failed (n)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stretto Boy

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I think it was Minxy that put a contact number up.... I'll see if I can find it, as I'm expecting the same shortly.

@Stretto Boy I failed (n)

Thanks for your efforts. You have changed your avatar. Have you given up the kyak or is it your contribution to the recent thread about Tilley hats? How is your dog (Jack?) doing by the way? I think he was having another op this week was he not?

Apologies to all for losing the thread of my thread, by bring in references to avatars, kyaks, hats and dogs. I got a bit lost as usual:

IMG_0824.JPG

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Not given up kayaking, I just like having the occasional change :D

Zack had his op on Monday and came home last night. He's in quite a bit of pain, but seems much happier than he was 6 weeks ago when they did his other leg.

Life wouldn't be half as fun if you can't go off topic on your own threads :LOL:

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Is this what your looking for ? ...........

If you don't get it back in a couple of weeks then ring them and they can see if they are able to issue you with a temporary certificate/document to show your 'new weight', assuming it's accepted by them (which it should be), whilst the new V5C is being produced. I had to do this when our new V5C wasn't going to arrive in time for our holiday - I spoke to someone called Rebecca Pugh who was very helpful and emailed me a V379 application form entitled "Information We Require To Issue a V379 Temporary Registration Certificate" (copy attached) which I printed off, completed, signed, scanned and then emailed back to her with ID documentation as detailed on the form, 3 days later she sent me the temporary certificate. Rebecca's contact details are as follows:

Rebecca Pugh
C&EG - Exports-D4
DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1AG
Tel: 01792 788501 x 8501

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stretto Boy

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Zak. Of course! I have a terrible memory for names. At least it rhymes with Jack, so I shall try and convince myself that I was almost right. Glad to hear he's not doing too badly. Give him a pat from me:

IMG_0825.PNG

OP
OP
Stretto Boy

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Is this what your looking for ? ...........

If you don't get it back in a couple of weeks then ring them and they can see if they are able to issue you with a temporary certificate/document to show your 'new weight', assuming it's accepted by them (which it should be), whilst the new V5C is being produced. I had to do this when our new V5C wasn't going to arrive in time for our holiday - I spoke to someone called Rebecca Pugh who was very helpful and emailed me a V379 application form entitled "Information We Require To Issue a V379 Temporary Registration Certificate" (copy attached) which I printed off, completed, signed, scanned and then emailed back to her with ID documentation as detailed on the form, 3 days later she sent me the temporary certificate. Rebecca's contact details are as follows:

Rebecca Pugh
C&EG - Exports-D4
DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1AG
Tel: 01792 788501 x 8501

It might be, although that looks like the procedure for being legal whilst abroad with an incorrect V5C. Very grateful though and I will certainly look into it. Thanks again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back