DVLA Maybe Back to Normal!! (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
And those who don't become blasé become Jobsworths.
Definition of Jobsworth is " An official who upholds petty rules even at the expense of humanity or common sense"
I don't quite get you reply , are you saying that you should turn a blind eye to mistakes whatever the cost ? Companies employ people to make a profit , and as generally Employees are the greatest asset for a Company, I did not imply that they should not be treated properly and with respect.. I was making the point that people are not employed to make mistakes.
AS an example , years ago a company delivered , 4 kegs of beer to a pub from their Ipswich Depot to a pub near Well next to Sea 154 mile round trip, the delivery should have been kils of beer ie. wrong size the company was delivering on behalf of Carlsberg , the contract stated mistakes have to be rectified FOC that day , At that time I was contracted to deliver the correct product and pick up the incorrect product, at a expensive cost to the Company , are you saying just forget the mistake ? because it might hurt some ones feelings or or it's inhuman for Management to say anything ? Sorry i went off the real Post ,but Good service is what most want

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
if you are managing people and take a blazay attitude to the person who makes a mistake then it will get around the workplace and no one will care a sod .
You have just described the civil service attitude perfectly

Jan 10, 2015
East sussex
Funster No
MH
2002 Eura mobile
Exp
Since 2014
Maybe it’s me!
Sold old car & road tax refund cheque returned after a week.
bought new car, posted slip to dvla. 4 days later new v5 all correct.
renewed driving licence on line on a Friday. New one arrived following Tuesday, all correct.

Amazed!

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Maybe it’s me!
Sold old car & road tax refund cheque returned after a week.
bought new car, posted slip to dvla. 4 days later new v5 all correct.
renewed driving licence on line on a Friday. New one arrived following Tuesday, all correct.

Amazed!
All automated. It’s the personal inaction the co+’s it up.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Received my D47P renewal from DVLA on Monday last week to renew my HGV license CE, had a medical Wednesday and sent off both forms D4 as well same day, checked Friday on line and they have already sorted my license as shows extended for another 5 years. Maybe they are now getting back to normal as that seemed to be pretty quick turnaround. Not received it back yet but i am sure it will be here shortly given they have already done it on their systems.
Thats interesting as I had my D47P yesterday. On the DVLA web site it states this:-

So, in these special circumstances, a D4 will not be required when applying to renew a lorry or bus licence until further notice. However, this will only apply if the licence has expired or is due to expire on or after 1 January 2020.

Important: Applications for the renewal of lorry and bus driving licences during the coronavirus pandemic - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

I had an online chat and they said I need to get the D4 completed?? Anyway started the process with the doctor just waiting for the appointment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 7, 2017
North notts
Funster No
MH
CI Carioca656
Exp
5 years
I sent two V5c together in the same envelope for two bikes i had bought
I recieved one back in a record 10 days, after 6 weeks the other one still hadnt arrived the (one i needed to get new numberplate made of course) i contacted the DVLA and actually spoke to someone,
Who said they had no record of the document, so i re applied, after 5 more weeks the chap i bought the bikes from called saying the DVLA had contacted him asking if i had bought it as they suspected it was stolen!
Eventually the new V5c arrived followed 3 weeks later with another one! Back to normal indeed.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Definition of Jobsworth is " An official who upholds petty rules even at the expense of humanity or common sense"
I don't quite get you reply , are you saying that you should turn a blind eye to mistakes whatever the cost ?
No, no, not at all. I do know what a Jobsworth is. (y)
(My original post was intended as a light-hearted generalisation, not a brief for an Employment Arbitration hearing ;) ).
My point was that there are those who don't care or do just enough (or less) to get by without getting sacked and there are those who apply themselves rigidly to 'the book' in every situation whether or not it's appropriate or necessary.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
No, no, not at all. I do know what a Jobsworth is. (y)
(My original post was intended as a light-hearted generalisation, not a brief for an Employment Arbitration hearing ;) ).
My point was that there are those who don't care or do just enough (or less) to get by without getting sacked and there are those who apply themselves rigidly to 'the book' in every situation whether or not it's appropriate or necessary.
Forgive me I thought you were having a go at me :unsure: :giggle:

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
I sent our V5 to them on 13th August to update the weight and change of address.
At the beginning of November I emailed them to see why we hadn’t received the new one back and their reply 3 days later was that they hadn’t received it in the first place!
They suggested I apply for a replacement at a cost of £25 but ..... just as well I dithered!!
Guess what turned up last week? Yup - updated V5:rolleyes:
Sent my v5 end of August for weight change ran about 4 week ago and told no sign of it but like you I could have a new v5 for £25 but declined and still waiting so there is hope yet :pray:

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Thats interesting as I had my D47P yesterday. On the DVLA web site it states this:-

So, in these special circumstances, a D4 will not be required when applying to renew a lorry or bus licence until further notice. However, this will only apply if the licence has expired or is due to expire on or after 1 January 2020.

Important: Applications for the renewal of lorry and bus driving licences during the coronavirus pandemic - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

I had an online chat and they said I need to get the D4 completed?? Anyway started the process with the doctor just waiting for the appointment.
My understanding is that you don't need a D4 and they will just extend it by 12 months, i only did mine as there was an appointment 2 days later which fitted in. If that appointment was not there i would of just sent back the original form without the D4. It depends if you can get a medical really as where i am they only do them every few weeks with who i use (same as the bus drivers here in Basingstoke). I don't book the medical with my doctor as they want 3 times the amount, i paid £55 i think.

Keith E

Free Member
Jul 30, 2018
Funster No
I got an email from them on Wednesday gone confirming my purchase of a vanity plate for the car and telling me the certificate of entitlement would arrive in the next fourteen days.
It arrived on Saturday.
Plates were made Saturday afternoon and fitted Monday.
A quick online notification and the response allowing me to use the plates was virtually instantaneous.
I can't complain about any of the process
Edit
The paperwork actually arrived on Friday.

The new V5 arrived today.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Just had my SAE I sent to the DVLA for the registration number of the van I imported from Germany.
All my paperwork back and a letter with my new reg number on😁😁
It has taken less than 2 weeks.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Update....... 50% done. :censored:

Weight Uprating done, but not corrected spelling mistake......not bothering to send it back for that though.

Took 5 weeks and 3 days.(y)

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
I sent mine special delivery - they got it on the 12th November, it was a bit complicated due to the weight tax class change and the fact we paid tax via direct debit

however, someone rang today to ask us to cancel the direct debit. The tax checker shows we are now 4000kg and a new V5 was issued today!! Haven’t seen it to check all is correct so fingers crossed!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back