DVLA licence don't give up hope (1 Viewer)

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Some of you will know that Glenn had C1 part of his licence revoked when he reached 70 last year because of health issues. Heart. We appealed and the good news is he finally got it back last Wednesday. It took slightly over a year though. Still we're sorted for the next 3 years. So if you're in the same boat don't give up just yet.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
That's good news. Was going to say will join up with you in 3 years time...but forgot hubby's only renewed for one year and I have mine to do next year! :)

Frazzle

Free Member
Mar 29, 2017
maidstone kent
Funster No
MH
09 AutoSleeper Berkshire
Exp
im a newbie
Got to renew mine in 3 years time to keep my C1 licence got to take a medical otherwise if i just renew i loose my C1 which i need for current MH.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@Hils and Glenns. Great news Hilary & Glenn. (y)

I appreciate that there was a heart health issue, but can I ask please, why DVLA took so long to reinstate Glenn's C1, and what lengths he had to go to, in order to get it back?
I believe you had some help along the way. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
I appreciate that there was a heart health issue, but can I ask please, why DVLA took so long to reinstate Glenn's C1, and what lengths he had to go to, in order to get it back?
I believe you had some help along the way. (y)
Glenn applied for his licence last March so as to be in good time for his 70th in June. He did the stress test and failed it on one aspect. We were shocked because Glenn's heart condition dates back 32 years and as an HGV licence holder he had done the stress test many times and had always passed.
So we just remained shell shocked for a few months and thought the best thing would be to sell our van and get a lighter one. But we love our van and didn't want to get rid of it so I started driving it.
Then just by chance someone on the forums was talking about the medical criteria for C1 licence. When I looked into it I discovered that the hospital hadn't administered the test properly. That would have been around September time. So we decided it was worth a go at appealing. I got some help with how to word the appeal from another funster and we delved about in Glenn's medical records to prove that he actually met the criteria and put a fairly comprehensive case forward. Give the dvla their due they sent Glenn for more tests in February and then we got the ok last Wednesday.
Sorry for the long diatribe. I don't want to say who specifically helped us because I wouldn't want them bombarded, but if I can help anyone I would be happy to say what we did in more detail.
Are you still with me @JockandRita? :LOL:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
After my episode a few weeks ago I am waiting for an angiogram and on the waiting list to be cleared, but it is a LLLLOOOOONNNNGGG waiting list. I think I am expected to expire before getting onto the final clearance, or otherwise. If I pay I can have it very quickly but it is NOT cheap. Also if I get test privately then I am expected to pay for an angioplasty if neede privately. RIP. NHS

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
After my episode a few weeks ago I am waiting for an angiogram and on the waiting list to be cleared, but it is a LLLLOOOOONNNNGGG waiting list.
Do you mean its a long waiting list for the angiogram? If so have you considered having it done in another area? I know the DVLA waiting list is Looooooooooooonnnnnnnnng. Glenn used to phone them up about 3 times a week. Don't know if it made any difference, but he phoned last Monday and the licence arrived on Wednesday.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
It must have been so annoying for Glenn, especially when he found out that it could all have been avoided, had someone else been more competent. :(
Yes. It really should never have happened. But we don't want to get bitter and twisted, so just glad it's sorted now.:)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Last year it took nearly 2 months to get my HGV 1 back. This year in under 2 weeks.

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
I believe but NOT absolutely sure that if your on an apeal, you can still drive
I don't think so if your licence has already been revoked. You can drive while waiting for the dvla to make a decision re your initial application, but if you want to go abroad you won't have an actual licence should you be stopped.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I don't think so if your licence has already been revoked. You can drive while waiting for the dvla to make a decision re your initial application, but if you want to go abroad you won't have an actual licence should you be stopped.
It's great news and a plus is that you have the confidence to drive your van now!!(y)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Do you mean its a long waiting list for the angiogram? If so have you considered having it done in another area? I know the DVLA waiting list is Looooooooooooonnnnnnnnng. Glenn used to phone them up about 3 times a week. Don't know if it made any difference, but he phoned last Monday and the licence arrived on Wednesday.
Mine is not for the DVLA delay but after a suspected cardiac event and for treatment reasons not licence. They are full of the licence ones and they can only do so many in a day. I have to wait. As I said I hope I do not go on to have an MI whilst stuck on the bloody list waiting.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back