SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Sent off my log book and the SV Tech / vosa paper work for up-plating my MH along with the form and my Tax Disc to claim the revenue differance , sent it Recorded Delivery .

it has been 6 weeks now and still no paper work, so i phoned them today .....

Sorry Sir , no record of your application ........

You will have to apply for a new log book ,
when you get it, take it to your post office and PAY for a replacement Tax Disc ,
Get all new paper work from SV tech , fill in the forms and send it back to us and you can only claim the change in reveue refund from the date we recieve your application ,

It is a good job we had not booked to abroad ...

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I'm still waiting for mine to come back. Also sent recorded delivery

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Anything important (passports etc) I ALWAYS send special delivery these days. That seems to get past the light fingered folk in the postal system.

Tim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
DVLA told me once that they don't sign for 'signed for' mail. They get too much of it for it to be workable - either for the PO or them.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
told me the same thing when i renewed my licence.

no sir, we havent received any documents.

off to the post office for another postal order (i dont do cheques) and sent it recorded with the second form and an explanatory note.

2 days later my new licence arrived......a week later my second application arrived marked 'duplicate application' with the second postal order attached.

DVLA couldnt find their arse with both hands.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Leave it for a few days, it might just turn up like pappajohns did before duplicating your application.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
And sorry to be pedantic but there is no recorded or registered post these days, it's called "signed for" and "special delivery". I sent important kit to a customer in Germany using SwiftAir last week and they are still waiting for it....... I've traced it to Munich so hope it's delivered tomorrow as my customer says it is very urgent.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I copy EVERYTHING I send to the 'Black Hole Post Office of Wales', so much gets lost. That way, at least you have a record of all your docs.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Anything important (passports etc) I ALWAYS send special delivery these days. That seems to get past the light fingered folk in the postal system.

Tim
Yeah i,ve got a room full of DVLA documents one day i,ll work out what to do with them

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
DVLA told me once that they don't sign for 'signed for' mail. They get too much of it for it to be workable - either for the PO or them.

Just been to our local PO and they confirmed what sedge had replied ,

so the lady at DVLA was telling me porkies about needing to know who and when it had been signed for ....

Going to phone DVLA again later .......

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We waited months for ours, the same thing happen to us , when we finally telephoned them they said that some of the paperwork was missing..????? SV's paperwork etc we said how is that possible as they were all stapled together (been there done that before so now staple everything together) in the end we went in person to the Swansea DVLA as time was running out with copies of everything as only a few days left until we started our winter adventure eventually insisted on seeing someone that could help our situation or I will have a "sit in" if necessary until it was sorted I was quite upset by now :sneaky:...thankfully we had a wonderful lady who truly understood how we felt and whilst we waited, managed to trace all the paperwork plus the copies I had which were needed and promised that we could collect it I believe it was the next day ( they are only printed out overnight in a large group )
And as promised all was good to collect ....blinkin annoying that paperwork is lost

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Sent off my log book and the SV Tech / vosa paper work for up-plating my MH along with the form and my Tax Disc to claim the revenue differance , sent it Recorded Delivery .

it has been 6 weeks now and still no paper work, so i phoned them today .....

Sorry Sir , no record of your application ........

You will have to apply for a new log book ,
when you get it, take it to your post office and PAY for a replacement Tax Disc ,
Get all new paper work from SV tech , fill in the forms and send it back to us and you can only claim the change in reveue refund from the date we recieve your application ,

It is a good job we had not booked to abroad ...

Just got another V70 form to fill in for the up-plating and realised that i have to send the ORIGINAL insurance document with the form ,

BUT mine is in the LOST paper work ,:(

So i now have to contact my insurance company as well now ...... :eek:

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
been waiting now for 4 months!!! they have cashed my cheque for £165 the new tax rate, turned the old tax disc that did have 3 months value but now nothing, 3 copies of the svtech letter 3 long winded telephone calls that were a waste of time and still not here. I have copied everything sent. The are a bunch of tossers.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Just got off the phone to dvla, we sold a car two months ago and sent off the v5, recorded signed for, having had no acknowledgment from them,I phoned today. Apparently we have never been the registered keeper of the vehicle despite having purchased the registration number from dvla, transferring it to the vehicle when we bought it 5 years ago and having taxed it every year since! They checked the post office web site with the bar code and confirmed that they had received and signed for the item I had posted.
An enquiry will now be made! Not fit for purpose.

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I phoned Safegaurd insurance today about replacing the insurance documents that i sent to DVLA , they normally charge £20 for replacements but they will replace them free because of the situation and she confirmed that they have had to do this for others because DVLA had " lost their details also " !

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I emailed DVLA and got a response the following day asking what colour my vehicle was (?) oh well, replied about 6 times because of their cruddy reply form system and got another message saying they were investigating and would respond in due course.

Good news is that at least they aren't (yet) denying all knowledge of the application, which is confidently expected before the weekend if other people's experience is anything to go by...........

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
I always send by Special delivery these days. Sent car and MH V5 recently as moved. Received new ones uin under 3 weeks and new driving licence also came in less than two weeks.

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
From the messages i have had from others , you have been very fortunate , my mate just got his licence back and with an unexpected bonus , he now is a fully qualified heavy goods driver .......

it just goes on and on .....

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Well what a suprise .......

just had a phone call from a Paul Edwards at the Taxation Team DVLA Swansea SA99 1 DZ ,

They have " found " my documents , :)

He apologised for the delay in processing my paper work and said it will be with me in the next few days ,

If you are sending off for up-plating or Tax Disc problems you do not now have to send you insurance papers ,

Next time i have to send any Tax related paper work to DVLA ,
i will be putting , FAO , PAUL EDWARDS , on the envelope . :h:

Pity i did not ask for a contact number .....

Will let you know if i get the documents back OK .... :coolest:

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
:devil: Mr Postman look and see , if theres a log book in your bag for me :coolest:...

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Well what a suprise .......

just had a phone call from a Paul Edwards at the Taxation Team DVLA Swansea SA99 1 DZ ,

They have " found " my documents , :)

He apologised for the delay in processing my paper work and said it will be with me in the next few days ,

If you are sending off for up-plating or Tax Disc problems you do not now have to send you insurance papers ,

Next time i have to send any Tax related paper work to DVLA ,
i will be putting , FAO , PAUL EDWARDS , on the envelope . :h:

Pity i did not ask for a contact number .....

Will let you know if i get the documents back OK .... :coolest:

I bet it was the same SWINE that hid them in the first place......It's a common trick in government circles. :)

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Ouch......:cry: I guess you have been there before ....:devil:

interesting i have just received an envelope from DVLA :)

it is a log book but with the original details not an up-dated one ? ...

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Well surprise surprise... I now have lots of praise for the Swansea DVLA sent off Johns renewal paperwork including his medical paper work stuff... they received it lunchtime Monday and it has been done and returned today ..... 3 or 4 days max .. Well done them and better still all looks correct

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back