SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I think yours went to a different section , the problem seems to be road Tax and log books ,

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes I know, but there were 12 pages to fill out... D2 ... D47PW, ... D798W ....D4... plus the D4 medical papers, whew .. still good going with all that lot , hope everyone else has no more probs

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Well now we are in a new month and still no paper work back from Swansea and the road tax has expired i check on-line to see if its taxed as they cashed my cheque and yeppy its all there.
taxed for 12 months as phgv so its all done just no paperwork.........yet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Just had to pay £20 a few weeks ago for unreturned log book. ( after Post Office retains documents during taxation due to address change). They said if I had complained withing six weeks it would have been replaced for free.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Most government body's are struggling with growing government cut's and reorganisation.
I sent for my passport simple renewal twelve week's of messing around .
with the wrong picture.
Just got it back on Friday finally got it right six weeks for first application and six weeks to sort out there mess

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Wife just phoned to say the log book has arrived. All the details seem to be ok....apart from the vehicle make which has been changed from Fiat to CImotorhome. That is near enough for me.
Steve

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yippeee
my log book has arrived , and it is correct
my insurance papers have been returned
my SVTech certificate has been returned

The New Tax Disc is enclosed, ( new tax rating PHG £145 instead of £225 for the year ) .:LOL:

BUT

NO TAX REFUND ........... ? :cry:

Looks like i will be on the phone again Monday Morning ...... :whistle:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Yippeee

The New Tax Disc is enclosed, ( new tax rating PHG £145 instead of £225 for the year ) .:LOL:

BUT

You are 80% of the way there!

Amazing what a formal complaint achieves.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Yippeee

BUT

Are you aware DVLA use the unused portion of your old tax disc towards your new disc......or did that change with the recent upheaval at DVLA.

And i assume it was a typo on your part when you said PHG tax is £146....its actually £165 and has been for quite a few years now.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You assume wrong ....

The tax disc shows £145 ...
Their loss then.

PHGV tax is class 10.....£165pa or £90.75 per 6 months.

There are no other classes or immisions concesions for PRIVATE HEAVY GOODS and all are the same price regardless of weight or size.

There is only one class at £145 and that is class 11 private light goods weighing less than 3500kg with an engine size not exceeding 1549cc.
That is the same as a private car where immisions data isnt available due to age.

This points to your van being incorrectly registered and taxed.

Check it out for yourself on the .gov website.

DVLA= not fit for purpose.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As i put in the other post ,

I had already paid £225 road tax which runs out 31Dec 2014 ,

i changed tax class end of June and was told by SV tech and DVLA there will be a refund pro rata of pre paid road tax , i sent the tax refund form in at the same time as up-plating ,

will post the reply from DVLA after i phone them monday ,

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
i lost 3 months refund but now have my log book back took over 4 months in total i now its not right but i have lost the will to fight them any more

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I'm still fighting - second set of documents back to them, plus with photos of vin plate etc. latest excuse was they didn't know the colour, despite it being on the original V5 and me telling them twice.

Incompetent beyond belief...............

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I'm still fighting - second set of documents back to them, plus with photos of vin plate etc. latest excuse was they didn't know the colour, despite it being on the original V5 and me telling them twice.

Incompetent beyond belief...............

Make a complaint. I posted the "how to" link earlier in the thread. Unless people complain nothing will be done.... I know it is a pain and more paperwork but it is the only way.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Giving them a few more days to get it right but might do so anyway. Thanks

Edit - in fact already made the first complaint stage last week..........

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i lost 3 months refund but now have my log book back took over 4 months in total i now its not right but i have lost the will to fight them any more
Believe me, their accountant will have a field day at year end.

Even as a gov department If the books dont tally someone has to explain.....even if the miss-tally is in their favour.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
They, like most other government departments are truly incompetent.
I uprated my van when the local offices were still running. I got the new tax disc straight away, got 2 x £50 refund cheques and 3 wrong V5 documents before they got it right.
A few years ago I got fined by them for not telling them I had sold my car, despite doing it online and getting a reference number as a receipt. They simply would not accept their own reference as proof.
Don't get me started about HMRC. We were both self employed once, never again, it cost us both a fortune in time and money to sort out our income tax.
Decided it was cheaper and easier to retire
Allan

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
OK, i phoned DVLA , After being passed on 3 times , They say the paper work has been sent to the refund section ,
They say they got the paper work in August , i explained they got it around 24 June but lost it ,
They have " logged " my comments but say it can be 6 to 8 weeks before they send out the refund and i should phone up if it is incorrect ,

I pointed out that the DVLA number is a premium number and that i have already been on the phone 15 mins and do not want to be calling DVLA back ,

The person said she would forward an email to the department asking to call me, when they are dealing with the refund ...

Watch this space ....

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
May be worth challenging it via the Information Commissioner as they hold inaccurate records on you. See the Data Protection Act Broken Link Removed. There is a good template letter. You can find out the DVLA as Registration Number: Z7122992 in the index and you can copy the letter to the Department of Transport as they hold the registration ..

At least it would keep you busy - and maybe help you get a more rapid result!
Cheers

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
May be worth challenging it via the Information Commissioner as they hold inaccurate records on you. See the Data Protection Act Broken Link Removed. There is a good template letter. You can find out the DVLA as Registration Number: Z7122992 in the index and you can copy the letter to the Department of Transport as they hold the registration

Cheers

I dont need to keep busy i'm retired and dont have time for their errors ,

As i posted earlier , The paper work is all ok ,
The Tax disc has PHG printed on it the same as my log book,

i just want the refund ... from the 31st of June , the end of the month in which they received and lost my paper work .....

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
May be worth challenging it via the Information Commissioner as they hold inaccurate records on you. See the Data Protection Act Broken Link Removed. There is a good template letter. You can find out the DVLA as Registration Number: Z7122992 in the index and you can copy the letter to the Department of Transport as they hold the registration ..

Cheers

But thanks for the info , i may need it yet , :LOL:

but it is also usefull for others :notworthy:

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I got a cheque from dvla at last but only for £25 and dated 11 august , i reckon it should be £40 ,
tax was £225 now printed on the disc £145 forms in their possesion from the 22nd june , tax valied until 31 dec .. 6 month refund

i have filled in another complaints form , (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back