DVLA Form V70, Up-plating to 3850 Kgs - completing Declaration? (1 Viewer)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Simple query for those who know - just filling in the V70 as part of the process of up-plating the MH from 3500 kgs (PLG) to 3850 kgs (PHG) and I'm on the final declaration section. It says:

"I declare that this is a goods vehicle for which I am claiming exemption (see NOTE on Goods Vehicles Testing Certificates over the page). Tick this box if you are claiming an exemption [ ]"

Am I claiming an exemption here or not? The NOTE isn't exactly clear to me.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I am kicking myself here as only yesterday I deleted all the images I took of the completed documentation submitted to DVLA when I uprated my weight earlier this year!!
I am about 99% certain that I DID NOT tick the box on the declaration.
I can remember having the same thoughts as you are but having downloaded a copy of V70 and looked at it again I am fairly sure that we are not claiming an exemption under any of the four bullet pointed categories listed.
The text in green says that "a goods vehicle does not have to be tested if " it falls under any of the four categories listed and as our MH's do need a Test Certificate then we are not claiming an exemption.

NOTE: Goods Vehicle Test Certificates
Test certificates must be valid on the date that the tax starts.
A goods vehicle does not need to be tested if:
• under Regulation 44(1)(e) of the Goods Vehicles (Plating & Testing) Regulations 1988, it is used on the road by an order made under section 44 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 or Article 60 of the Road Traffic (NI) order 1995
• it is used on certain offshore islands exempted by Regulation 44(2) of the Goods Vehicles (Plating & Testing) Regulations 1988 or Article 65 of the Road Traffic (NI) order 1995.
• it is a vehicle of a class listed in schedule 2 of the Goods Vehicles (Plating & Testing) Regulations 1988 (exempted from the requirement of testing) or Article 65 of the Road Traffic (NI) order 1995.
• it is a vehicle outside the scope of the regulations, for example, it is a heavy or light locomotive or motor tractor within the meaning of the Road Traffic Act 1988 or Road Traffic (NI) order 1995, but has as allocated revenue weight.

If your vehicle complies with one of the above categories, declare your exemption in the appropriate box over the page.
If you have any queries about the testing position, contact Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), Ellipse, Padley Road, Swansea SA1 8AN Phone: 0300 123 9000

This is my understanding of it but if you are not sure it may be worth a phone call to the DVSA number given above.

I just wish I hadn't deleted the images.

Next job is to see if I can get them back :crying1:

OP
OP
magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Thanks for taking the time to answer @namwaldog - I came to the same conclusion and the DVSA office is shut until Monday, so I've just posted it with the box unticked. Tax forms are never simple are they? I need the new V5 for early Sept so I didn't want to hang about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
google v112g thats the mot exemption form.
have a read and see if your vehicle fits any of the descriptions .
some could .

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
an old thread but I'm in the same boat
just filling in the V70 as part of the process of up-plating the MH from 3500 kgs (PLG) to 3850 kgs (PHG) and I'm on the final declaration section. It says:

"I declare that this is a goods vehicle for which I am claiming exemption (see NOTE on Goods Vehicles Testing Certificates over the page). Tick this box if you are claiming an exemption [ ]"

Am I claiming an exemption here or not? The NOTE isn't exactly clear to me

so what is was the answer, Am I claiming an exemption here or not?
I,ve just paid 12mth @ 3500kg

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
We didn’t. Saying that they failed to update the MAM(?), only the revenue weight so we’ve sent it back. Another 5 week wait. Let’s hope they sort it before we go abroad!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
My thoughts are the exemption they refer to is an exemption from the HGV ministry test... Not the regular MOT test.... As over 3500kg it becomes a Heavy Goods Vehicle, in this case private HGV so retains the class 4 MOT status. .

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Thanks all
now home
form filled in, a little walk to the post box on its way.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back