LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
The previous owners have left a dvd in our MoHo TV/DVD combo and I can't get it out. I emailed them to ask if this had happened before and he suggested using a paper clip to coax it out....but that's not working. Can anyone suggest how I might get this out, please? Thank you :)

EDIT to say what's happening. The DVD will play perfectly well. When I press Eject, the motor whirrs a bit, on screen it says Eject and then No DVD....but the DVD doesn't come out. So, it must move a little for the TV to think it's gone....but not enough to get it out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Have you tried holding the power button down and see if it does a reset ?
Just edited my post. The motor tries to get it out and thinks it's gone (the screen says No DVD) but it doesn't actually come out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
There might ....might be a hole pin size around the "controls" or dvd opening where you might use a pin to reset the player..or unplug from supply leave 1 min turn back on and reset the tv/did unit....🍻

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
There might ....might be a hole pin size around the "controls" or dvd opening where you might use a pin to reset the player..or unplug from supply leave 1 min turn back on and reset the tv/did unit....🍻
Thank you! I'll have a look tomorrow :)

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
There will be a small hole, intended to be used in exactly this situation. Some people say a straightened paper clip works, but sometimes it doesn't apply enough force. I've used the wrong end of a 1.5mm drill, held in a pair of pliers, which might be worth a try. When you push (straight, not at an angle), it mechanically releases the DVD tray.

• Love It
Reactions: HKF
Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
When a friend got a DVD stuck inside a Mac computer he held the eject button in for several seconds and it came out, but when it got stuck again he turned the machine off and restarted it after about a minute, while at the same time keeping the eject button pressed and it then ejected the DVD. The moral of this story may be "never buy a Mac", but I have to say it was a very old Mac that he had bought from a recycle centre. Presumably it had been thrown away because the DVD wouldn't come out. I will resist the temptation to ask "who uses DVDs these days"? :imoutahere:

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
Sometimes trying to put one in at same time works. If your slot is like this but built into tv side like ours. It seems to put it slightly back into the motor. I think the motor brush bit sticks after some time and the come out with a faint line on the dvd
D8FE86A7-5353-4EFC-AAFC-13B43A847935.jpeg

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
There will be a small hole, intended to be used in exactly this situation. Some people say a straightened paper clip works, but sometimes it doesn't apply enough force. I've used the wrong end of a 1.5mm drill, held in a pair of pliers, which might be worth a try. When you push (straight, not at an angle), it mechanically releases the DVD tray.

Thank you! I'll have a look tomorrow :)

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
When a friend got a DVD stuck inside a Mac computer he held the eject button in for several seconds and it came out, but when it got stuck again he turned the machine off and restarted it after about a minute, while at the same time keeping the eject button pressed and it then ejected the DVD. The moral of this story may be "never buy a Mac", but I have to say it was a very old Mac that he had bought from a recycle centre. Presumably it had been thrown away because the DVD wouldn't come out. I will resist the temptation to ask "who uses DVDs these days"? :imoutahere:

I use them :)

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
As an alternative, I recall we once had a similar problem and sorted it by carefully pushing a piece of paper in alongside the Dvd - obviously keeping a firm hold of the end of the paper!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
The previous owners have left a dvd in our MoHo TV/DVD combo and I can't get it out. I emailed them to ask if this had happened before and he suggested using a paper clip to coax it out....but that's not working. Can anyone suggest how I might get this out, please? Thank you :)

EDIT to say what's happening. The DVD will play perfectly well. When I press Eject, the motor whirrs a bit, on screen it says Eject and then No DVD....but the DVD doesn't come out. So, it must move a little for the TV to think it's gone....but not enough to get it out.
Ask Google.We had the same problem.Pressed 2 buttons at the same time and it ejected.Cant remember which buttons but got info from Google. Tv/Dvd works perfect now.BUSBY.

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
We had the same problem on a 2nd telle.
I had to take the back off (unscrew) it all.
Found some raisins and wotsits stuck in there..🤬

Took about half hour but worked fine ever since

I'm not that brave! :oops:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
It's what old people with no children use. We don't have anyone to teach us "new technology". 😂😂
Thought it was new tech..BUSBY😆😆

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I don’t know if anyone else has noticed but there are a lot of posts missing from this thread? I wonder why🤔

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

The most common cause for this is a broken drive band
Yes, even most current gen DVD players are still using a small drive belt in the ejector system
Using a paper clip WHILE the eject button may work but really the only sure fire method is taking it apart ( and replacing said belt while you are at it )
Its a fiddly job but well within most folks ability if they can use a screw driver :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back