DVD stuck in built-in multi-media unit (1 Viewer)

Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
We have a Kenwood DNX5260BT fitted in the van and last evening I was unable to remove the dvd we had just watched. The unit displays "Mechan Error'. I don't have the original Kenwood removal tools so does anyone know how to safely remove the unit from the dashboard without them. Or does anyone know of another way of extracting the dvd without dismantling the unit please.
Any help and advice would be grateful received.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
How To Fix Kenwood CD Player Wont Eject Stuck CD
  1. Switch on the car stereo.
  2. Release the front panel from the headunit.
  3. Locate the disc slot next to it there will be a small reset hole.
  4. Get something that is small and pointy and push it down on the reset button for a few seconds.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
That could be a software error . Can you reset the unit ? The DVD may then eject

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I use a straightned paper clip for computer units at home as they have a "flat end" rather than a pointed item like a pin.
In fact it isn't a reset hole as such - it lets you push on part of the mechanism that releases and moves the tray to eject the disc. It'll need a firmer push than a reset button would. So the paper clip is the best option. 👍

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
In fact it isn't a reset hole as such - it lets you push on part of the mechanism that releases and moves the tray to eject the disc. It'll need a firmer push than a reset button would. So the paper clip is the best option. 👍
As you say, it's a spring loaded lever you're pushing against to manually operate the eject mechanism so a blunt tool is better.(y)

OP
OP
Mr David
Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
It's done it again but this time a reset doesn't clear the problem. So I was wondering if anyone has any further thoughts. I suspect the only solution is to disassemble the unit and remove the dvd that way.
Thanks, in advance.🤞

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back