Duxford Air display (1 Viewer)

Apr 8, 2008
Snaith
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Nineteen years
We have booked to go to Duxford in September never been to an air show with the motorhome, can anyone tell me how far away do they park motorhomes and what is a good thing or things to take with you, if you have been to the air show all advice would be appreciated thank you.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
I have been to Duxford many times and you need to get there EARLY to secure a space within the airfield. They open up fields across the road from the display and it can be quite a hike at times.
I wouldn't take anything special apart from food as it is VERY expensive there.
A great display but you will need a separate day to see the museum as there is a lot of it, have fun, I always do.
Norman.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you really do need to aim to be there as the gates open or you will be parked a long way out. get there early and you will be parked on the airfield with access to your van for food, toilet and anything else

we enjoy airshows and when parked up can get the chairs outside the van to watch the display whilst listening to the commentary. we also have an airband radio to listen to the tower and pilots for notice of what is about to display

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back