LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, they will take up a lot of room in your new van, with space at a premium.
Proper memory foam is great (there are a lot of copies out there).
I have some over my mattress.
You can make one from some sheets,and a good duvet.
The sheeting on the one I bought bobbled in a short period of time. This is due to loose weave.
Personally I would buy a good quality down duvet. Warm when it's cold and cool when it's warm. Also, it will squish into the smallest bag lol

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Ps, love the photos of the new van :)
Thanks Sue.
We had a little taste of using him ( unfinished) for Whitby Goth last weekend. We can't wait to get out and about again.
One of our first trips will be to Gordale scar. We used to camp there , both of us , in a 1 man tent. When we were courting.
We've visited several times with tents with the kids. But wouldn't have gone in a caravan or Motorhome. Though people do.
Getting there in Pug will be so much easier. Then doing the walk over the tops and down into Malham. For a pub lunch.
Working the way back to the scar, via Janet's Foss.
We are looking forward to getting to the Outer Hebredise again too. Can't wait.
We have under one bed designated for bedding. There's only the wheel arch in there. So enough room to store them.
We'd have to put quilts , toppers and a couple of sheets in there , anyway, if we didn't have the duvalays.
Over the weekend , we were wondering what we were going to put into all the cupboards. The new shape Peugeot van front has loads of storage too. We havnt a clue what we are going to put in the 3 large glove box things. All , most likely , be left empty. Especially all the door pockets. What do you put in them ?
The over head shelf, which we couldn't see the point of originally , is ideal for our squidgy down filled jackets. The one above that fits the silverscreen in perfectly. Room to spare. For something else.
Both chunky items that would have been stored in the Hab bit usually. We can't wait till he's finished , and we're out and about again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Well the duvalays Have finally arrived.
I can't say they look £225 worth . But we shall see what there like this weekend, and report. The memory bottom doesn't look any better than the one I put in the one I made for Ralph. Out of a double duvet cover, single quilt.
Plus we didn't get a left and right.
As it happens I'm ok, Ralph may have to turn his inside out.
I'm not impressed so far.

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Another yes vote in both departments. More expensive than perhaps they ought to be. Made the difference about whether the Mrs Moo adopted my baby (the van). She sleeps better in the van than at home !
Wants one for the bed at Home !! (y)

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Thing is we have a proper tempur mattress on the bed at home. They take some beating IMO.
We chose the firm foam at Regal Furnishings , for Pug. So we are hoping the duvalays soften it and give the same effect as the Tempur in our bedroom.

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
How often do they have sales?My mate one at Lincoln for £118,but I was quoted £148 a week later!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I bought one 3 months ago and it was the worst thing I have bought for the motorhome so far.
If I hadn't spent so much on it I would go back to a king sized duvet folded over. Cheaper and easier to manage.

It is a pain to put together in a confined space after washing. The top creeps round the base meaning you wake up with a zip in your back. The bottom of the duvet part creeps up leaving cold feet.
For the price is could be much better designed in my opinion. I am not happy with it at all.

However, lots of people are happy with them so it might just be me :confused: But for my money, king sized duvet doubled over is much better and also better value.

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Before we spend a fortune on a couple of duvalay "wraps" are they worth it ? Comfort wise, sleep wise?
We had our first weekend away in "Pug" , granted we weren't , at all , ready but it was great. We got a good feel of him.
I had my first drive from thompsons fish and chip shop on the A1 to the antique centre in Pickering where we had a night with Bob and Val ( weekenders) . He drives like a car, very easy , hard to believe he's an xlwb van. He's now got 200 miles on the clock.......................................!

Thanks.

You could try these guys, very helpful made a bespoked Dethleffs transverse Memory foam mattress finished with a 'cool cover' we paid just over £300..excellent value, they supply to Amazon, Various retail outlets......Bodymould Mattress, 01293 871995 Rusper in West Sussex

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back