Dusseldorf Show,Its a current event, so is it still relevant to us in The UK? (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi everyone, some advice please on the merits of attending the Dusseldorf show.
I know its the biggest show in Europe, we have attended the NEC show a few times, and with hindsight, can now say that we maybe made the mistake of ordering at the show, to supposedly get "the best deal", well that was wrong, for us anyway.
We have now discovered that having done that, we had to endure many more months of waiting, well above the quoted "March/April" next year delivery. This is OK I suppose if you are given a firm trade in price on your existing rig,regardless of delays, and its not your first MH.
Having been down the long delay, failed promise route, and as a result cancelled our original order placed at the show, we now know that its sometimes best advice to go see one in the flesh at the dealers, preferably near end of season, and do the deal then, and drive away with an even better deal and a bigger smile. OK I do realise that you have to take the spec that the dealer has ordered for stock, but many extras can be added at a later date.
As for the £ to Euro rate decline, plus the costs of getting the van shipped over, registered with The DVLA , adapted for the UK Speedo, lights etc, also maybe being OK with LHD versions is it still worth going to Germany, or Belgium to place an order, wait several months maybe for shipment?
Your opinion if having done this or intending to in the future will be interesting.

We all live & Learn eh?Please educate me on this much talked about subject:confused:

Best wishes to all, happy travels.
Les & Tina.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Don't know about Düsseldorf show but there is a lot to be said for buying a new van that the dealer has in stock.

Our first van took from ordering in July to the following March to be ready, specced exactly as we wanted it but the wait was a killer.

Current van was a new van at the Peterborough show, we went on the Thursday and had done the deal by 4pm. We collected it in June, not because we were made to wait be the dealer but because our own travel schedule meant we couldn't get it any earlier!

it was very helpful to see what you were buying as opposed to "imagining" what the final result of colour/upholstery/spec would actually look like.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back