LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes thats the classic MAN coach based pusher but havent seen the later shape as a pusher. Didnt look overlong either. So yes more interesting in the stellplatz than the show then? Edit. Could be tempted to move house for a nice pusher vario but don't tell Sue
You mean you have a house now:LOL:

Had a wander around tonight and there are a couple of Bocklets.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Well of course it’s all down to personal preference and we are all different, construction I would say not a lot to choose between them, little things like on the latest Palace they have integrated the awning into the roof moulding but the other side of that is that it is very high up, the Concorde dashboard is quite curvey and you can have it leather covered to match you upholstery which is nice, the Morelo dash is much squarer and black, Morelo certainly have more kitchen space and they offer more layouts starting with a 8.19 metre Palace with a transverse bed but of course that is not everyone’s “cup of tea”, the Charisma starts at 8.6 metres,

On the Morelo Palace you can have a wider front axle which they say makes a big difference to the ride but not sure if Concorde an fit it as it might be a Meier,

The Loft range with Morelo is quite extensive and offers a different cupboard style with flat doors where the new Palace is more like the Concorde with curved doors, I would say that the Loft trumps the Carver for choice especially as they have just launched the Loft Premium which gets the Palace bathroom and Kitchen,

Concorde have of course been around longer but Morelo are very “go ahead” and obviously gunning for a chunk of the market.

You pays your money and takes your choice as they are very close.

Martin
Could not agree more so many good things on each make, I sent a pic of a Concorde table to Morelo, lead baloon, trying to show the Germans the difference between a Jaguar and an Audi ......

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Could not agree more so many good things on each make, I sent a pic of a Concorde table to Morelo, lead baloon, trying to show the Germans the difference between a Jaguar and an Audi ......
Hi Michael I was told that the reason they dropped Mastervolt was that when any one component had to be changed the whole thing needed reprogramming where the Buttner is plug and play.

But didn’t get into any more detail.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Interesting new Dometic fridge freezer which hinges from either side depending which side handle you use, saw it in N+B Flair and Vario.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi Michael I was told that the reason they dropped Mastervolt was that when any one component had to be changed the whole thing needed reprogramming where the Buttner is plug and play.

But didn’t get into any more detail.

Martin
Interesting, the Mastervolt system has Amphyirion or whatever which provides for remote internet access by support. They will have a high hill to climb to convince me that Buttner have a superior solution, not that I am a Mastervolt deciple, just want best of breed hard and software.
Thanks for taking the time, I will interogate the factory team in September, but I will cancel the order if they try to Palm me off.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Well of course it’s all down to personal preference and we are all different, construction I would say not a lot to choose between them, little things like on the latest Palace they have integrated the awning into the roof moulding but the other side of that is that it is very high up, the Concorde dashboard is quite curvey and you can have it leather covered to match you upholstery which is nice, the Morelo dash is much squarer and black, Morelo certainly have more kitchen space and they offer more layouts starting with a 8.19 metre Palace with a transverse bed but of course that is not everyone’s “cup of tea”, the Charisma starts at 8.6 metres,

On the Morelo Palace you can have a wider front axle which they say makes a big difference to the ride but not sure if Concorde an fit it as it might be a Meier,

The Loft range with Morelo is quite extensive and offers a different cupboard style with flat doors where the new Palace is more like the Concorde with curved doors, I would say that the Loft trumps the Carver for choice especially as they have just launched the Loft Premium which gets the Palace bathroom and Kitchen,

Concorde have of course been around longer but Morelo are very “go ahead” and obviously gunning for a chunk of the market.

You pays your money and takes your choice as they are very close.

Martin

Thanks for your thoughts Martin.

Its always difficult to work out the differences in vehicles produced by manufacturers who are pretty much in the same league. Unless you factor in every dissimilarity its very hard to choose between the two. Which would you say offers the best spec as standard? I'm assuming that the wider axle is an extra?

Aesthetics seem to be the differing factor in Morelo and Concorde. The first thing I noticed about the styling was the angular lines in the Morelo and curved in Concorde... Art Deco -v- Art Nouveau perhaps :D!

Out of interest, you mention the Morelo having larger kitchens... how to they achieve this? Obviously the extra space has to come from somewhere so is the lounge smaller?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Its always difficult to work out the differences in vehicles produced by manufacturers who are pretty much in the same league. Unless you factor in every dissimilarity its very hard to choose between the two. Which would you say offers the best spec as standard? I'm assuming that the wider axle is an extra?

Aesthetics seem to be the differing factor in Morelo and Concorde. The first thing I noticed about the styling was the angular lines in the Morelo and curved in Concorde... Art Deco -v- Art Nouveau perhaps :D!

Out of interest, you mention the Morelo having larger kitchens... how to they achieve this? Obviously the extra space has to come from somewhere so is the lounge smaller?
Art Deco-Art Nouveau quite possibly, I think Morelo are bit more modern and yes edgy, didn’t get the tape measure out in the kitchens but twin sinks in the Morelo and just the one round on in Concorde the Nouvelle kitchen in the Morelo has a wide 3 burner hob set to the back so that gives loads of space at the front of the worktop.

Have not been through them spec for spec but I am sure they know what the other is doing, yes the wide axle is an option 7k or 8k from memory but free on show orders(y)

Martin

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
At the airport now weighed down with brochures and that's after a cull last night.

We are further down the food chain and looking at A classes / coachbuilt Hymers, Dethleffs, Adria and Knaus. Key points for us are skinny, take roof bars and the old nutshell build quality / dealer support to sort out issues - which may lead to a few being kicked off the short list.

For those wondering if a visit to the show is worth it - a resounding yes from me, for what it's worth.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
So, did anyone succumb to temptation?! :D

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
At the airport now weighed down with brochures and that's after a cull last night.

We are further down the food chain and looking at A classes / coachbuilt Hymers, Dethleffs, Adria and Knaus. Key points for us are skinny, take roof bars and the old nutshell build quality / dealer support to sort out issues - which may lead to a few being kicked off the short list.

For those wondering if a visit to the show is worth it - a resounding yes from me, for what it's worth.

Its definitely the best MH show IN THE WORLD.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

Having been driving the Iveco Daily for 3.5 years in my opinion a wider front axle will give a much more stable turning ability at speed.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well we escaped bank balance intact again, on our way home now and stopped at Antwerp, we had a quick look in yesterday afternoon but it needs a bit longer really,

61F3CB33-943F-4ACE-8FC3-BFB1246A23FC.jpeg
0C5953F1-FA21-401E-8120-EAC3585A2765.jpeg

Martin

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Having been driving the Iveco Daily for 3.5 years in my opinion a wider front axle will give a much more stable turning ability at speed.

Agreed... We have the wider front axle and air suspension all round on our vehicle - it's great.

Prior to our current MH we had two N&B Arto vehicles which didn't have it - they were less stable.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Agreed... We have the wider front axle and air suspension all round on our vehicle - it's great.

Prior to our current MH we had two N&B Arto vehicles which didn't have it - they were less stable.
Not wishing to be pedantic but do you have wheel spacers or the wide axle? The two are quite different and I think that the wide axle which is +200mm is a Meier development and not available to Concorde, as the adaptive damping was developed with Morelo and has only just been opened up to the wider market including after market retrofit.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Not wishing to be pedantic but do you have wheel spacers or the wide axle? The two are quite different and I think that the wide axle which is +200mm is a Meier development and not available to Concorde, as the adaptive damping was developed with Morelo and has only just been opened up to the wider market including after market retrofit.

Martin
What I thought too as I understood Concorde did their own chassis mods, and the wider front axle (proper) was only released this year by Meier. Also it is only an Iveco Daily mod, although I stand to be corrected, so comparison to the Fiat front wheel drive does not compute.
Does not detract from the fact that I am looking forward to the Merc Atego chassis for a more sedate ride, which I was blatantly aware of during my comparison drives at Morelo in February and an interesting comparison of their own Air compared to VB on some of the poorer Spanish roads.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
What I thought too as I understood Concorde did their own chassis mods, and the wider front axle (proper) was only released this year by Meier. Also it is only an Iveco Daily mod, although I stand to be corrected, so comparison to the Fiat front wheel drive does not compute.
Does not detract from the fact that I am looking forward to the Merc Atego chassis for a more sedate ride, which I was blatantly aware of during my comparison drives at Morelo in February and an interesting comparison of their own Air compared to VB on some of the poorer Spanish roads.
I think the Merc will be an altogether different experience Michael (y)

Martin

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I'll have to check. I know it has the wider axle - unsure of the manufacturer or how it is achieved. Our vehicle is the Iveco daily rear wheel drive.

Whatever it is its far better than the front wheel drive N&B Arto vehicles we had. When we first got it we went straight over to the French Alps and it got up snow and ice covered inclines which the other vehicles we had wouldn't have stood a chance...

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Yep you're right Martin we have the wider axle by way of spacers... that doesn't detract from the fact it is very good indeed though.

Here in Norway some of the roads are horrendous... you get pitched from side to side violently (the camber can be all over the place) with little room to spare from oncoming traffic. All I can say is that the vehicle performs very well in challenging conditions.

I don't know why you think the comparison between our current vehicle and those we had previously 'doesn't compute' Michael... its a comparison made between the vehicles that we've owned and driven, therefore an informed comparison and valid.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Yep you're right Martin we have the wider axle by way of spacers... that doesn't detract from the fact it is very good indeed though.

Here in Norway some of the roads are horrendous... you get pitched from side to side violently (the camber can be all over the place) with little room to spare from oncoming traffic. All I can say is that the vehicle performs very well in challenging conditions.

I don't know why you think the comparison between our current vehicle and those we had previously 'doesn't compute' Michael... its a comparison made between the vehicles that we've owned and driven, therefore an informed comparison and valid.
The reason in my mind is that the Arto is Fiat based front wheel drive, and in the terms of the discussion of having a wider axle I would have been looking at the comparison of a normal width Iveco to a wide axle version rather than apples and pears. However I would agree that in the principle of comparing the rear wheel drive Iveco to the front wheel drive fiat there are many noticable advantages with the former. My comment was not meant to be condescending, although I see it could be taken as such.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

To add to the wider by spacer discussion we had semi air fitted to the front which required spacers and I noticed straight away that side to side stability was improved coming off kerbs and out of our drive.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So ferry from Dunkirk in the morning so a night at Bergues except the French have taken it over for a centre rally, you would think it was their country or something cheeky buggers.

Undaunted we are on the road outside,

B9D4739A-2A86-4A4C-9D38-9080298A57B9.jpeg

Martin

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
Slightly of topic guys, my tag axle with Goldschmitt front and rear, the rear is leaking over approx 5 days without being used and it is on the wheels, I am on a ferry at the moment going to Polch but contacted Goldschmitt at Polch and they are full booked until October.

So can you maybe help with some advise please.

I have heard that if leaking it may be a Fiat garage that needs to look at it (something to do with where it is attached to the chassis. )

Can it totally fail as I am going directly to Spain after Polch?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Slightly of topic guys, my tag axle with Goldschmitt front and rear, the rear is leaking over approx 5 days without being used and it is on the wheels, I am on a ferry at the moment going to Polch but contacted Goldschmitt at Polch and they are full booked until October.

So can you maybe help with some advise please.

I have heard that if leaking it may be a Fiat garage that needs to look at it (something to do with where it is attached to the chassis. )

Can it totally fail as I am going directly to Spain after Polch?
Talking air suspension I guess, maybe a soapy solution around the bags and joints see if you can see anything leaking, not too likely to fail completely would be my guess but could be proven wrong.

Might be worth popping in to Golldschmitt “just to ask a question” and see what happens.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Tha

That's a quick trip Martin, no bochum extension permitted? We're at le crotoy o ut of Calais tomorrow am, c u on the carpark, sorry I mean M25.

Jon

Quick indeed, just the show really and a bit of shopping.

Don’t joke it was bad enough around Antwerp.

Martin

EDIT what time you hitting Dover, might see you on the way up, we leave Dunkirk 10 am Dover bound and heading straight to Birmingham.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back