LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well it's that time of year again, I for one am getting excited about the big show in Dusseldorf, for anybody that has not been it's simply the biggest collection of Motorhomes and motorhome related items that you are ever likely to see under one roof. You will see everything from everything from entry level coachbilt's and van conversions to some rather swanky £million beast and multi wheel drive expedition truck in between.

The show runs from 27th August to the 4th September, there is overnight parking on site for around 2000 motorhomes and a caravan centre to empty waste tanks WC and get fresh water.

If you intend on going it is worth registering with the caravan salon club which is free and this then entitles you to discount tickets for the show €10 for two days entry.

This seems to be the best place to register and then when you have your membership number you can buy tickets, some other pages are all in German and may not be as easy for some, including me.

https://shop.messe-duesseldorf.de/c...i/Start.html?oid=7991&lang=2&ticket=g_u_e_s_t

Martin

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I know what you mean, but still worth having a look and keeping an eye on the exchange rate.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I will post reviews on how mad my Dad is driving me if you want.

My Dad dove me round doing deliveries for my business, after I'd had my hernia operation.

"what's that noise?" He said, as we were driving along

'You're been driving with the wing mirror in the hedge for the last couple of miles' I told him

First and last time I ever let anyone drive me about - made a speedy recovery too

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We are going this year the last two times we have been have ended up with a new van. Having a bit of trouble with the financial controler at the moment I'm working on her.
When we ordered the current van Euro was 1.17 & 1.26 when we paid for it, still a lot cheaper than buying in the UK.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
How long would it take to drive once I am through the tunnel?
Will be taking the car but looking at Google there seems to be big delays After Ghent if I went that way.
Did think about Southampton to Düsseldorf if not but will have to check how far the show is from the airport.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
How long would it take to drive once I am through the tunnel?
Will be taking the car but looking at Google there seems to be big delays After Ghent if I went that way.
Did think about Southampton to Düsseldorf if not but will have to check how far the show is from the airport.
Dusseldofe Messe is at the end of the runway, camping area can be noisey.:)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
MARTIN Get Huawei MiFi, with "3" £20 sim card, so long as you don't start down loading stuff it will last ages.. You will have WiFi almost 100%

colyboy

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
MARTIN Get Huawei MiFi, with "3" £20 sim card, so long as you don't start down loading stuff it will last ages.. You will have WiFi almost 100%

colyboy
"3 feel at home" doesn't work in Germany

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Has anyone got a good reccomendation for 3g in Germany. last time we were buying vodafone package But I think it was costing 10 euros for 1gb ( cant totally remember)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We used Aldi talk when we were there, bought it ( obviously) from the counter at Aldi. From what I remember to activate it you needed access to Internet and to put in a German address - we used the Stellplatz one. It took an hour or so to activate but then worked fine .

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We used Aldi talk when we were there, bought it ( obviously) from the counter at Aldi. From what I remember to activate it you needed access to Internet and to put in a German address - we used the Stellplatz one. It took an hour or so to activate but then worked fine .

Thanks, You dont remember how many GB's/euro by any chance?

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
It's certainly noisy staying there due to the 06:15hrs take offs from the airport, but you soon get used to it. Just back from 14 nights there, we paid €30 a night but the price does vary according to the show that's on. Wifi is poor all around the Messe and there's nothing at the camping place, we were in P1. A bike is very useful to get down town which from the Messe is S.East down the river, about 20mins.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks, You dont remember how many GB's/euro by any chance?
I seem to remember that it was less than 15 euros and that included a 10 euro credit, sorry can't remember more than that.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We are going this year the last two times we have been have ended up with a new van. Having a bit of trouble with the financial controler at the moment I'm working on her.
When we ordered the current van Euro was 1.17 & 1.26 when we paid for it, still a lot cheaper than buying in the UK.
Any idea what you may choose (if allowed)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If allowed and can live with the shower room a Chic 4.9 or 5.0, like N+B but smallest one with a layout we could live with is a bit long and getting out of our price range.
Even with the squeaky shower tray?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Our N & B has brill shower, pretty much full size, or am i missing a private joke here.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back