Dusseldorf salon - access for older motorhome s (1 Viewer)

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Can anyone tell me if the camping grounds set up for the Dusseldorf show are in the Green Zone? We are hoping to visit but a German guy has told me that I unless I have a green windscreen sticker I won't be able to get close.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi. The Motorhome parking area is straight off the motorway so I would think it would be outside the LEZ.

I went in 2009 & might do it again this year as I am planning on a Mossell trip about then.

Mike

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Just found a map:-

If you compare the map at Link Removed with the location of the parking I think you will find it is outside as long as you approach from the west.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Just found a map:-

If you compare the map at Link Removed with the location of the parking I think you will find it is outside as long as you approach from the west.

Mike

Thanks for that Mike. I should have had that map when I was trying to get past Ulm recently. Unfortunately I found myself in the outside lane with nowhere else to go as we entered their green zone. :Eeek: lucky not to be pulled over.

I have also now found a page on the Dusseldorf Caravan Salon website under visitor services which clearly states that all major access roads and sign posted routes are outside the emissions zone.

SORTED :thumb: :thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Malcolm,

We (a few of us) hope to arrive at the Messe Camping Park either on Sunday 1st or Monday 2nd September. Hope to see you there, if not before. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi Malcolm,

We (a few of us) hope to arrive at the Messe Camping Park either on Sunday 1st or Monday 2nd September. Hope to see you there, if not before. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

That would be great. It's about time we met up at last. We seem to have been just missing each other for the last two years. Sitting close to Travemunde with the thunder and lightning. Got a ferry booked for Monday but it seems we paid a good bit more than others over in Sweden at present.

All the best
Malcolm

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
That would be great. It's about time we met up at last. We seem to have been just missing each other for the last two years. Sitting close to Travemunde with the thunder and lightning. Got a ferry booked for Monday but it seems we paid a good bit more than others over in Sweden at present.

All the best
Malcolm
Sounds good Malcolm. :Smile:

Are you hoping to meet up with the others at some stage?

Have a great trip. :thumb:

Safe travels,

Jock.

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Sounds good Malcolm. :Smile:

Are you hoping to meet up with the others at some stage?

Have a great trip. :thumb:

Safe travels,

Jock.

I reckon those there already will be well out of range for us. We aren't able to do the far North or Finland this time. We will get ferry later today then want to check out a camp site at Helsingborg where we will be visited by daughter from 4th to 11th July so will only have a couple of weeks before that. Afterwards we will see but I'm told the mossies are at their worst by then so we will probably leave the rest for next year.

Thanks for the good wishes
Malcolm

Last edited:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Mossies v Malcolm Bolt? ...... No contest!

Have a great time M & C, following your progress with interest. Anna already talking about route for our summer trek 2014, so who knows next year we might follow in your footsteps.

Regards and best wishes

Bryan & Anna

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
Do NOT worry about the emission zone thing. It is a bit of a joke in Germany to be honest with you. The Polizei certainly won't pull you for having no sticker, they have much more important things to worry about.

3 years in Frankfurt with a UK reg'd car with no sticker. It was an old diesel so would have received a red sticker, Frankfurt is green only. No fine, no tug, no nothing.

When we bought our motorhome, we bought it from way outside any Umweltzone (Environment zone) so the PO had no sticker. When we registered it, it got a sticker... a green one. I know this is the wrong sticker, our MH has an old school mechanical diesel pump and no DPF yet it still got a green sticker (should have been red and therefore not allowed into the very city where we lived). When the guy handed it to me I thanked him politely and quickly drove off before he corrected it.

Anyway, don't worry about it, just drive without.

** disclaimer, don't blame me if you do get pulled and done for not having one....! I just really think you won't**

M

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Melchoir said:
clipped........... it got a sticker... a green one. I know this is the wrong sticker, our MH has an old school mechanical diesel pump and no DPF yet it still got a green sticker (should have been red
Same as ours, and we got a green one too. :winky: I wasn't going to ask any questions, when matey gave from the local TUV station gave it to me for €6.00, after looking at the V5. :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,

Jock.

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Afternoon all just wondering if any of you attending dusseldorf could bring us a Fun sticker over. Will reimburse you and also a glass of wine or three. We are at the show from monday afternoon and probably leaving on thursday.
Many thanks in advance and see you there.:thumb:

Steve

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Afternoon all just wondering if any of you attending dusseldorf could bring us a Fun sticker over. Will reimburse you and also a glass of wine or three. We are at the show from monday afternoon and probably leaving on thursday.
Many thanks in advance and see you there.:thumb:

Steve
Hi Steve,

I'm sure we can sort something out. I'll PM you my email address, so that you can remind me nearer the time please. We leave the UK on 31st August Hull-Rotterdam, and will be at the Messe camping area for the Sunday/Monday. There will be other Funsters in our company too.

We'll see Jim & Sian at the Malvern show next month, to collect a sticker for you.

Cheers for now,

Jock (& Rita). :Smile:

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Hi Steve,

I'm sure we can sort something out. I'll PM you my email address, so that you can remind me nearer the time please. We leave the UK on 31st August Hull-Rotterdam, and will be at the Messe camping area for the Sunday/Monday. There will be other Funsters in our company too.

We'll see Jim & Sian at the Malvern show next month, to collect a sticker for you.

Cheers for now,

Jock (& Rita). :Smile:

Hi Jock (& Rita) :Smile:

Many thanks for this have sent you a PM and will email you later.

Regards

Steve & Sue:thumb:

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
After all my blathering in my previous post up there, I didn't even mention that we'll be there too :)

If any of you are going to be there on the Saturday night, please drop me a PM and maybe we can meet up for a drinky and or meal in the evening, that would be jolly fine ::bigsmile:

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Jock & Rita,
Make sure you arrive after Mid-day or you will find yourself in
Field 28, made that mistake in the past. The German visitors usually leave after lunch.
Have a great time, its a great Show.
Best Regards Mac

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
If any of you are going to be there on the Saturday night, please drop me a PM and maybe we can meet up for a drinky and or meal in the evening, that would be jolly fine ::bigsmile:
Sorry M, not our group, as we don't sail from Hull until 20.30 on the Saturday night. :Sad:

Jock & Rita,
Make sure you arrive after Mid-day or you will find yourself in
Field 28, made that mistake in the past. The German visitors usually leave after lunch.
Have a great time, its a great Show.
Best Regards Mac
Thanks Mac.

Like the last time we went, we are all aiming to arrive after 16.00 hrs on Sunday 1st Sept, :winky: and more than likely leaving on Weds 4th, enroute to Bad Durkheim for Friday 6th.
You are right, it is a great show, and puts the NEC's Caravan, Boat, and Leisure Show to shame. :winky: Looking forward to it. The only downside for us, was the constant overhead flights to or from the very close by Dusseldorf Airport. The only lull in flying at the time, was between midnight and 03.00 hrs. :Sad:

Safe travels to all going.

Jock & Rita.

P.S. Elamessa (Steve & Sue), stickers sorted for you. :Smile: See you both sometime after your Monday 2nd arrival. :thumb:

paddyd887

Free Member
Oct 15, 2011
great barford
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
Hi,
Please don't think that I am hijacking this thread BUT can anyone give some info about the show. This will be our first time to the show and our first trip into Germany with the motorhome. Has anyone got the sat nav coordinates for the parking area and is it possible to arrive and stay on the Thursday night on the camping area before the show starts on the Friday. I see that the Friday - 31st - is for trade and press only.
Hope to meet up with some other members.
Thanks and reguards
Colin & Liz

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Friday is trade day but it is 30/08/13 not 31/08/13

Cant find any coordinates .

But its a great show .

Mel

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Just found this on a Belgian site

N 51°16´06´´
E 6°43´33´´

It says its for the entrance to the caravan parking for the show

Mel

paddyd887

Free Member
Oct 15, 2011
great barford
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
Thanks Mel for the information - now really looking forward to the show and our first trip to Germany.
Colin & Liz

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi,
Please don't think that I am hijacking this thread BUT can anyone give some info about the show. This will be our first time to the show and our first trip into Germany with the motorhome. Has anyone got the sat nav coordinates for the parking area and is it possible to arrive and stay on the Thursday night on the camping area before the show starts on the Friday. I see that the Friday - 31st - is for trade and press only.
Hope to meet up with some other members.
Thanks and reguards
Colin & Liz
Here you go Colin & Liz. :Smile:

Like France, germany is so set up for MHs, with their vast network of Stellplatz. You can download all the POIs for your Sat Nav for Germany, (and other EU countries) from the BORDATLAS download page

Have a great time, it's a smashing country. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

SMUDGER2FLY

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Semi integrated
Exp
Since 2011
Visiting the Grand Salon at Dusseldorf

Hello we are visiting the Caravan & camping show at Dusseldorf this year & found a helpful guide, gives all the information on getting to the show & finding the camping area etc.

Link Removed

hope you find this useful.
:thumb:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Will there be any funsters there on the last weekend of the show
Friday night or Saturday night

6th and 7th Sept

Mel

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Will there be any funsters there on the last weekend of the show
Friday night or Saturday night

6th and 7th Sept

Mel

Sorry guys we intend to arrive tomorrow and look round Mon & Tues. Leave Wed for Calais. Ferry booked for Thurs morning.

Enjoy the show.

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Dusseldorf

Any Funsters there already. Any arriving tomorrow. I am about 2.5hrs away and have no real idea of what the site arrangements are. 600 spaces with electric sounds fine but where do those of us who don't want to lay out 30 euros a night stay. Suppose there will be some signs on the approaches. HOPE SO :Eeek::Eeek:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Dont know if you will get this before you arrive.
No chance of EHU they will be all long taken.

They will direct you into the park.
If its the same system you dont pay at night only for the day parking.

Have a nice time its a great show.

Mel

OP
OP
Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Thank you

Dont know if you will get this before you arrive.
No chance of EHU they will be all long taken.

They will direct you into the park.
If its the same system you dont pay at night only for the day parking.

Have a nice time its a great show.

Mel

Got that. :thumb:

Too tight to want EHU. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I will be happy in the cheap seats.::bigsmile:

Enjoy

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Dusseldorf

Hi- We are about 2 hours away, just stopped for LPG and Diesel. Planning to arrive about 6pm- we are not planning on talking electric, must be just us Yorkshire men Malcolm :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hope to see you there
Steve and Sue

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
You wont get EHU they will all be taken I think.
Yorkshire or not

Mel

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back