Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi
I'm going to be fitting aux air suspension to my Adria Matrix purchased the Dunlop kit including compressor and gauges any ideas on where to site the compressor for this unit , brilliant fitting instructions for the air units but no advice on where to sit compressor , any ideas. ??

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi
I'm going to be fitting aux air suspension to my Adria Matrix purchased the Dunlop kit including compressor and gauges any ideas on where to site the compressor for this unit , brilliant fitting instructions for the air units but no advice on where to sit compressor , any ideas. ??
From what I see, under a seat or in the corner of a locker suits. I never bothered with the compressor as I weighed number of times adjusting vs cost of compressor and just went for the gauge option

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I use the compressor supplied with the vans fix & go kit. Guages sited by drivers seat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Hi
Hi I am looking at this, can you please tell me where you purchased it from
Thanks

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi

Fitted the dunlop kit a few months back.. on a chausson 620..ford base.
Ended up fitting the compressor in the old gas locker which is just storage space now..
Ideally i would have liked the gauges on the dash but settled for some plastic trim above the drivers seat where there was enough clearence for gauges and pipes to be fitted..

20180509_162121.jpg

20180509_162159.jpg

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Marcle leisure is the place. For fitting, it is well worth a trip to @dave newell lvs for a first class fitment. He both supplies and fits

I looked at Marcel leisure, but they wouldn’t take order. Website listed something about, no orders taken due to illness, or similar. Shame, I liked the look of the Dunlop setup for my Adria. Non compressor setup for me though.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I looked at Marcel leisure, but they wouldn’t take order. Website listed something about, no orders taken due to illness, or similar. Shame, I liked the look of the Dunlop setup for my Adria. Non compressor setup for me though.
Www.airride.co.uk
Motorcaravanning.co.uk

Two alternatives. I simply got Dave Newell to supply and fit it, though

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
We had this system on our previous MH; but I didn't bother with the weight and bulk and complexity of compressor.
We just ran it at 3 to 3.5 bar, and I just topped it up with a bicycle pump once every couple of months.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi
It depends if you want to be able to adjust the suspension frequently or not, if you do then having the compressor/controls accessible from the driver's seat would seem the most logical thing but this may not be suitable if there's no-where big enough to do so.

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi guys
I tried Marcel leisure but sadly they are not taking any orders due to illness hope everything works out ok , you can get the same unit from motorcaravaning.com who deal I think for Marcel, well today I contemplated fitting the system but due to time restraint decide to get the hard work over with first. So reversed up on the ramps blocked the front wheels and found I didn't need to raise axle up plenty of space to fit the unit I just followed the instructions page by page , read them a couple of times before starting .

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Prt 2 found the instructions spot on must say the build quality of the brkts and parts is first class got both bellow systems fitted just run pipes into garage at the moment and connected up to the guages and fitted them in garage meantime used tyre compressor to blow up to 3 bar will see how that goes , need more time to fit compressor and guages as drilling needs to be spot on, guages will eventually be on the dash and I'm thinking about putting compressor in locker under the travel seats where the boiler is , as I say system is very well built very pleased with it ,

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi Mike D looks great you've got me changing my mind now cheers for that nice nearly job he's done ✅

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Sorry meant nice neat job he's done ✅

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Dave has fitted Air assist suspension to two of my motorhomes now and has always done great work.

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Looks good I asked around up here if anyone would do it for me along with fitting a bike rack sent emails to several companies but just don't get any replies so just decided to give it a go myself , enjoyed doing it when under the van I could see if any issues as well and check things out , don't know about fitting a bike rack though tried Adria to get some drawings of the rear of the van to see where the loading points are for a bike rack to be fitted but be as well asking the dog , for a company who produce well made vans there customer relations are just

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Looks good I asked around up here if anyone would do it for me along with fitting a bike rack sent emails to several companies but just don't get any replies so just decided to give it a go myself , enjoyed doing it when under the van I could see if any issues as well and check things out , don't know about fitting a bike rack though tried Adria to get some drawings of the rear of the van to see where the loading points are for a bike rack to be fitted but be as well asking the dog , for a company who produce well made vans there customer relations are just
Unfortunately many companies take a long time to reply to emails, or don't do so at all, assuming they haven't ended up in their spam folders anyway, it takes a lot longer to do this than answer a phone call so it's usually much better to ring and ask the question.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Do you mind us asking how much you paid for supply and fit
Mine was a more expensive kit as it was for a Merc 519 and there were other things done as well so hard to say. Best thing is to contact @dave newell lvs via email or contact page on his website and get a proper quote. Mention Fun as well for a discount

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
What do you boys run your air sup at Andy

The only rule is to increase the pressure if you have a large overhang or where you have a higher degree of mass to the rear end.

I have a 2.8m overhang and with 65kg in the large garage I run a pressure of 3-bar.

It's a bit of a trial and error situation until you are happy.

All the best,

Andrew

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi is it comfortable ride at that then sounds bit high Andy

Andy, not at all, it's fine on my van. If you run a PVC then 3-bar would be too high but if your van is a low profile with a large rear end then you need that extra rigidity to help stabilise the chassis.

All the best,

Andrew

Apr 12, 2018
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
I got A class Rapido merc 966m it’s on 30 psi and it’s awful ride thinking of taking air off not got a lot in garage I am new to MH ing

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I got A class Rapido merc 966m it’s on 30 psi and it’s awful ride thinking of taking air off not got a lot in garage I am new to MH ing

I spent two weekends getting the right setting so I would certainly have a play-around before you remove it. Try a low setting and work upwards.

Apr 12, 2018
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
What do you call low start also taps have got to be close or open when driving?

Nov 7, 2015
Newport, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
since 2015 previously caravaning 25 years
What do you call low start also taps have got to be close or open when driving?
Taps / valves should always be OFF except when you're adjusting the pressure.
Try 15 psi and you will notice the difference, then raise or lower the pressure, you'll notice the difference in ride straight away.
Never heard of anyone being dissatisfied with air suspension, perhaps your tyre pressures are too high ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back