Dunlop air suspension on Alko chassis (1 Viewer)

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Has anyone got any experience of air suspension fitted to an Alko chassis?

I am thinking of fitting the system to try and smooth the ride of the rear of the vehicle a little as I find it to be quite harsh over roads that are less than smooth, lots of them in the UK and also in France when off the motorways. However, I don't want to go to what is a lot of expense if there is not likely to be any improvement in the ride quality.

Would welcome thoughts from anyone who has gone down this route.

Mike

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i too would be interested in the outcome of this experience as mine is quite low at the rear and i feel it would be useful to be able to lift the rear in certain circumstances but mine being a tag its not going to be cheap:Doh:

OP
OP
Xabia

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
i too would be interested in the outcome of this experience as mine is quite low at the rear and i feel it would be useful to be able to lift the rear in certain circumstances but mine being a tag its not going to be cheap:Doh:

Hi Andy,

I have copied the following from another forum, might give you some pointers:

i have air suspension fitted on a tag axle, alko chassis. i was fed up with the clatter and bang from the back. since having fitted i have had no regets. ive done about 3k miles since having fitted and am still pleased with the results. handeling was already good, and is a bit wollowy now and softer, but not so much as would make you feel sea sick but definatly softer.

the othrer advantages are, self leveling, ferry ramp changes, and lowering.

just to make it clear, i had full air suspension not just air bags to help with sagging. have a look at vb air the sysetm i had was 4cs

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RonnieJ

Free Member
Jun 30, 2009
Thetford, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Hi Mike, i fitted mine in 2 hours easy job, made the world of difference to the ride . Bought the whole kit from Marcle leisure and were very helpfull.

OP
OP
Xabia

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks RonnieJ, that was most encouraging. Have been in email contact with Steve at Marcle Leisure and he has been very helpful. Think I will get the kit from them as they seem to have a good reputation.:Smile:

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back