LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
We are catching a ferry at 06:00 and need to overnight near the terminal. Does anyone know if you can park at the terminal or can you give suggestion as to where to park

Thanks

Lunarman

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
I've stayed for the night in the parking couple of times , but it has been 3 years and there wasn't much space then

LazyRover

Free Member
Nov 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
Researching
I came back through Dunkirk less than a month ago.

I went through security at around midnight and camped in the waiting line.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
We stayed at an Aire site on Wednesday night which is about 30 minutes from the Ferry Terminal. Other side of Dunkirk on the beach. No facilities, but shops (small supermarket) and restaurants just up the road.

There were about 10 other Motorhomes there.

This is the 'unnoficial' aire de stationement on Rue Militaire at Malo Les Bains I believe.
Its virtually opposite the old seafront motorhome parking area across the bridge.

51.047036 - 2.381257

We didn't try to stop at the ferry terminal as we had a lunchtime crossing and wanted to take the chance to relax on the beach before the drive home.

Stu

Last edited:

Mick H

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
Near Leicester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30 yrs
We last had an overnight stop in Norfolklines car park, behind the terminal building, less than a month ago.
The easiest way that I can explain is, as you come off the ferry, double back at the first traffic island and go back in. towards the booking office.
On your right, you will see an entrance to their car park, where there will be other motorhomes.
The reason that I recommend doubling back, in this way, is to avoid cutting across any other traffic streams. Much safer than arguing with lorries.
We have stayed there many times, in the past, with no problems.

jeffscarborough

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
We stay at Bray Dunes, not far away from the ferries & very nice and quiet.

durhamwasp

Free Member
Apr 6, 2010
Funster No
http://www.campercontact.nl/cc_reacties.php?id=57&term=Gravelines-59820&pag=1&sc=8366 Gravelines Aire, less than 10mins drive away and pretty nice.

But yes, you can go through the passport check in at Dunkirk terminal and overnight in the queue to the ferry, in the big carpark, usually loads of space.

Ive also wild camped in the town centre of Dunkirk, right on the marina in a public car park. No problems at all, and had a nice meal in a restaurant before hitting the camper for a nights sleep before the morning ferry.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
we stay at Gravelines on the free port Aire...it is approx 3.5 miles from ferry terminal

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
If you don't mind mixing in with the commercial traffic there a lorry park right next to the entrance to the ferry port, we often stay there if we are catching an early ferry, but you may hear lorries moving about through the night.

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back