Dunkirk 2 (1 Viewer)

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
According to Chris Grayling the Government are to source a convoy of ships to keep essential supplies moving when the Channel Ports grind to halt !
That’s rich coming from one of the most incompetent Transport Ministers of all time.
Should we book a spot on the runway at Manston now I wonder?

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I hope they recruit more Customs people as there will be a backlog at every point of entry/exit in the UK .We as a country have not experienced anything like this for a lifetime and are totally unprepared and do not have the infrastructure in place,it will be a mega event.

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Thought most of the motorways are parking only already.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
i know one

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Does anyone remember when the Japanese started flooding our markets with cheap video recorders, French customs took up to 3 months to clear shipments to protect their own manufacturers.

Now if we retaliated against the Germans we might have a problem storing all those BMW's.:LOL:

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Failing Grayling:rolleyes: when are the conservative government going to realise he is as much use as a chocolate firegaurd.
Why have they only realised all this now and without the manpower they’ve no chance. Anyway enough of Brexit, let’s all concentrate of finding places to travel for some sun.
Colin.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
let’s all concentrate of finding places to travel for some sun.
Colin.

@Snowbird has set us a fine example with his Moselle thread. Not a common destination but a hugely attractive one.

Strange, isn't it, I voted OUT to try and stop my grandchildren being ruled by Germany but I love visiting the country and it's people and it's food.

Then when on the Moselle it's only a day or so away to overdose on ice cream in Italy.

My advice is May or Sep or you may get too much sun.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
According to Chris Grayling the Government are to source a convoy of ships to keep essential supplies moving when the Channel Ports grind to halt !
That’s rich coming from one of the most incompetent Transport Ministers of all time.
Should we book a spot on the runway at Manston now I wonder?

I watched the Darkest Hour last night. Does this not recall Operation Dynamo?

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
If as the Remoaners would have us believe, goods to and from the EUssr will drop like a stone, where is the massive volume of freight traffic coming from? (n)

Pete

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Goods are coming into the UK from all over the world in sealed containers. Ship to quay side,straddler to lorry,off to customer,,the odd ones get searched by customs. Just in time goods? Order lots,put into wharehouses and deliver from them. Perishables ? Fridge wharehouses.
Even as i type this,there is a shortage of lorry drivers/juggernaught jockeys............... "Jobs a good 'un."
Tea Bag...Coming THROOOOUGH!!.
PS. Don't forget,our Continental gear jamming cousins have loads to deliver in the UK as well........ So road blocking ? Five minute wonder if that. Let them truckers roll 10/4

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back