Dumping grey waste (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Rather than hijack Tony's macerater thread dealing with black waste I started this one for grey waste..

Getting rid of grey waste can be a real chore, we tend to use more water than European vans, automatic washing machine, dish washer, tub, shower all produce huge amounts of waste ..

Driving every couple of days to a dump point is not only a chore but does the engine no good whatsoever, pulling a waste carrier is the other option, but this is a heavy task if not done at least twice a day..

On a fully serviced pitch you don't have this problem but they are a) expensive b) few and far between, if like me you like to either use an aire, cl or wild camp then there is a better alternative..

Use a length of 1" hose, say 10mt and run the grey to the nearest hedge .. or ditch and leave the gate valve open.. , this is 'greener' than filling up a site waste tank and is actively encouraged on many CLs who don't want to have to pay for getting rid of it .. I use the macertor discharge hose.. another good reason for having a round rather than flat hose.

On one aire I was on, a guy had bought several lengths of domestic Marley waste pipe, some couplings and had piped his into the next field..

It won't always be allowed, ask the site owner first, but it's another option which I have used many times..

This pic shows the grey waste connection..

Link Removed

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Yes, I use the standard white rigid plastic piping wherever it is possible. There is absolutely nothing wrong with dirty soapy water and to have to pay through the nose to have it carted away is ridiculous. - As long as the site owner is happy that is the way we should all go.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Jim is quite correct as usual we have been on many sites where this has been actively encouraged especially in summer. Also if you leave it trickling it does not ever seem to smell unlike the horrible wiff you get when you dump a load of grey that has been it the tank for a few days:thumb::thumb:

Regards Pat

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I did mention on Tony's thread that I do use mole holes to drain the kitchen waste, I leave this valve open most of the time, this way we don't seem to get any smell.I try to keep enough in the bathroom tank to flush out the pipe when emptying the black tank.
The moles chuck all their debris around our living space, so it does seem right to put our waste water into their space, (if they don't like it they would move to another place on the campsite):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Nigel & Pamala

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
find a grid on a back road put it down there gray ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Jim,

In your picture, is the 3" end cap with the 1" hose a bought or diy item?

Mick

NEV3

Free Member
Feb 11, 2008
North East Wales
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 1996
Jim,

In your picture, is the 3" end cap with the 1" hose a bought or diy item?

Mick

Yes Mick. I bought mine in "Camping World" USA but have also seen them over here at the shows. Can't remember which retailer though!

NEV3

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
find a grid on a back road put it down there gray ::bigsmile:

Never ever put it down a street drain.. these are storm drains, not to be confused with sewage drains..
I carry two drain keys to lift sewage covers, these can be useful on sites without drive over dump points, again seek permission before doing this..

Rivers, streams and ponds are also a no no, it will damage the wild life and you will be prosecuted if caught.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I use a 3" end cap with a small male thread (supplied with a screw cap), I use this to empty the grey tanks, this same fitting (turned around) also fits between my macerator and fiama waste thing. Mine came from Linda at Stateside Tuning, it works so well that I intend to fit the same onto the truck-camper.
Nigel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back