Dumfries Guid Nychburris & Aviation Museum 15 to 18 June 2018 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Folks just so your all aware the rally runs from Friday to Monday, I can get a few vans on on Thursday night to help me but please unless we have already spoken don't make your arrangements to arrive on the Thursday.

I will do my best to accommodate but no promises for the Thursday.

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
Morning Gerry, we have said in response to your previous request that we would arrive Thursday pm is this Ok?
Rex

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
At this moment in time can everyone apart from the handful of folk that are helping me out please make their plans to arrive on The Friday anytime after 9 am. I have mentioned I might get some extra space on the Thursday but don't want to give any guarantee's, I will speak to the museum when i return from my holidays on the 11th and let folk know then. The museum are moving a couple of planes around which might be getting done the week before the rally so wont want loads of vans in the way.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We can arrive on the Thursday or the Friday and can / will help with the shelters as we have put them up and taken them down before. I think the plan was that we would take them on to Kelso from you and then arrange for them to go back to Jim. I still need to arrange that part though.

We will leave on the Monday so no need to take the shelters down until Monday, it isn't a tough job putting them up or taking them down.

Can I help with any cooking for special diets? Being coeliac I am well used to avoiding cross contamination.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
looks like theres two dropped out so hopefully we will be on the list?

Sorry in late reply as I'm currently in America on a family holiday, should be room for you if you still want it. I will send my bank details in pm, the cost for the weekend is £35 per van.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Funster
Just a quick heads up for anyone at this rally wanting to buy a genuine silver screens front cover.
Just posted one in classified sales.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi Gerry
I’m really sorry we are going to have to pull out of the rally. We were looking forward to it too. Ralph’s received an appointment for 9.40 Monday morning , which he’s been waiting for. He’s also struggling to get away from a job early enough on Friday too. Hopefully somebody on the reserve list can now take our place.
Hope you all have a fab time.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@lorger

Does Ralph-n-Bev pulling out mean that there might be a space available now :) ... I had to pull out of the reserve list previously but now that we've got our Familyscout back from the dealer and our Campscout is just about fettled we might be able to make it after all! :D

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
@lorger

Does Ralph-n-Bev pulling out mean that there might be a space available now :) ... I had to pull out of the reserve list previously but now that we've got our Familyscout back from the dealer and our Campscout is just about fettled we might be able to make it after all! :D

@Minxy Girl since Ralph and Bev can't make it their space did become available, unfortunetly another Funster PM'd me asking for the space as no one was on the reserve I gave them it.

There might still be space but I won't know until a few days before as I'm currently on holiday just now and won't be back until the 11th, I'm popping out to the Museum on the 13th as they only open weekends and Wednesday so won't know before then. They informed me the other week that they might have to move a couple of planes so this could impact on our space.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
For anyone who would like a crochet lesson maybe we could name a day and time? Either bring your own hook and yarn or you can use mine :)

Best done on a one-to-one basis I think.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi Gerry @lorger
I have sent you a PM, we have just had some very last minute disappointing news beyond our control, that is going to stop us attending the long awaited D&G rally.
Its with a sad heart that we ask to be removed from the rally list as we were nearly all packed, ready to go, and so looking forward to meeting everybody again.
I hope our place can be given to someone else, and that all charity funds raised can be put to good use.
Have a great time everyone, sorry to have missed you all.
Les & TinaL

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Have a great time everyone, sorry to have missed you all.
Les & TinaL

Cannot put a like or funny imogi... :(

Was looking forwards to scrounging a White Wine or three from you... ;)

Hope it`s nothing to drastic...

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Thanks @old-mo we were so looking forward to sharing, or even "sponsoring" a cheery evening or three at D&G with you and others, as it would have been a good tonic for all the grief and frustration that we have endured in selling our property. Last Fridays news was the straw that broke the camels back,all plans scuppered as now we have to start all over again for the fourth time in a year.Conveyancing law must change in England!:swear:
We will be up to see you at Haughton some time in the near future.
Les

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Evening @lorger, do you still need any help Gerry? We're FLT at Girvan at the moment and an arrival day of Thur or Fri doesn't matter if your short of space on Thur?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
@TinaL so sorry to hear about what has happened (again). We were is a similar situation when we sold our English house, none of the sales that fell through were due to anything we had done wrong not to a problem with the actual house.

Sometimes I think that an auction is the way to go but that too can have problems.

Don't let anyone let you think that the Scottish system is problem free.... if you do come to Dumfries (and I really hope you will) then Sandra @irnbru will be sure to let you know the problems she had with both sale and purchase.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Evening @lorger, do you still need any help Gerry? We're FLT at Girvan at the moment and an arrival day of Thur or Fri doesn't matter if your short of space on Thur?

Hi Badknee, if you would like to arrive Thursday that would be fine as @DavidG58 will be bringing the shelters so we could do with a labourer :).

If you make it after 2 pm that would be great, if you arrive in Dumfries early then you can park at Whitesands or Dock Park next to the river, we dont have any parking charges in Dumfries.

Plus if you arrive early you can make sure you get as far away as possible from @old-mo :)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
@TinaL I'm so sorry to hear you cant make i was looking forward to meeting you, hopefully everything goes ok with the house sale and we'll meet sometime in the future.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
@Minxy Girl sorry for the short notice are you still interested in coming to Dumfries

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
We are also at Girvan if you need our help ???? Flt rules (y)(y):):)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Afternoon folks hope your all getting excited about coming to Dumfries, I think I've updated the attendee list after my holiday if I've missed anyone out please let me know.

For those that are arriving Thursday can you make it after 2pm as I wont be there until then, if you arrive in Dumfries early then you have a few options for parking all which are free. Your can park at the Whitesands on the river side, space might be limited. You can park at the Dock park next to the river or Brooms road car park just use the lorry and coach area you wont get a ticket.

Those arriving on Thursday if your interested they have a rideout at 7pm in the town so we could go and watch this and have a few beers, we can organise that on the day.

I'm just heading out to nightshift, if anyone has any questions or issues please just ask or PM me I'll check during my shift.

See you all soon

1, @CWH ,Paid Interested in walk
2, @irnbru , Paid
3, @Stewart J ,Paid
4, @Al-Di , Paid
5, @Debs ,Paid
6, @Puddleduck , Paid
7, @Neilfg , Paid
8, @old-mo ,Paid
9, @Badknee ,Paid
10, @IanF , Paid
11, @Brendan , Saturday ? Paid
12, @triclops, Paid, Interested in walk if access is ok, will personally check this in the next few days.
13, @MicknMew, Paid
14, @patricia the newbie, Paid, interested in walk
15, @DIL7983, Paid
16, @alex n, Paid
17, @Polar bear, Paid, interested in walk
18, @mitzimad
19, @CCC, Paid
20, @icantremember
21, @funflair , Paid, interested in walk
22, @tick59 ,Paid, interested in walk if hip is up to it.
23, @hoot007 , Paid, interested in walk
24, @Elleeanne, Paid, interested in walk
25, @RidersofRohan, Paid
26, @TUCANO, Paid
27, @tjay, Paid
28, @Jagtazman, Paid, interested in walk
29, @REKERLY , Paid, interested in walk
30, @milliethehymer ,Paid, interested in walk
31, @pablomc Paid
32, @DP_JAY , Paid
33, @DavidG58 , Paid, interested in walk
34, @berni109 , Paid, interested in walk