Dumfries Guid Nychburris & Aviation Museum 15 to 18 June 2018 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks to every one who has paid, I haven't updated the list as I've been busy enjoying myself. I will check my bank account either tomorrow or Wednesday to confirm payments.

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
@lorger Can you remove us from the reserve list please. We're planning a Scottish trip this year and unfortunately the dates are going to clash. Many thanks and I'm sure your rally will be a great success.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
After a hectic few weeks I've finally found the time to update the rally list, please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

1, @CWH ,Paid
2, @irnbru , Paid
3, @ambulancekidd ,Paid
4, @Al-Di , Paid
5, @Debs ,Paid
6, @Puddleduck , Paid
7, @Neilfg , Paid
8, @old-mo ,Paid
9, @Badknee ,Paid
10, @IanF , Paid
11, @Brendan , Saturday ? Paid
12, @triclops, Paid
13, @MicknMew, Paid
14, @patricia the newbie,
15, @DIL7983, Paid
16, @alex n, Paid
17, @Polar bear, Paid
18, @emo, Paid
19, @CCC, Paid
20, @andy63 , Paid
21, @funflair , Paid
22, @tick59 ,Paid
23, @TinaL, Paid
24, @Elleeanne, Paid
25, @RidersofRohan, Paid
26, @TUCANO, Paid
27, @tjay, Paid
28, @Jagtazman, Paid
29, @REKERLY , Paid
30, @milliethehymer ,Paid
31, @Barney23 ,Paid

32, @DP_JAY ,
33, @DavidG58 ,
34, @hoot007 ,
35, @Ralph-n-Bev ,
36, @Ambilkate,
37, @Stewart J ,
38, @davejen ,
39, @peterc10,
40, @Jenben ,
41, @berni109 ,

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Could you please pm your bank details . We opted out of the group chat , when it started as we were getting tons of emails haha And it’s our business email address .
Thanks.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think you need a space after @TinaL as they won't get the alert.

martin

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Paid today - sorry for delay. We are up at the barn tomorrow just for 1 night to check all ok. We now have the planning permission just waiting for the building warrant and then we can start on the workshop/garage.
Hope both you and Lorraine are well.

David & Jay

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Paid today - sorry for delay. We are up at the barn tomorrow just for 1 night to check all ok. We now have the planning permission just waiting for the building warrant and then we can start on the workshop/garage.

David & Jay
Thanks for that David, glad to here you've got the PP sorted won't be long now until your living up here :). Access might be quite tricky this weekend with the snow we've had, remeber my offer still stands if you need anything just let me know even if it's a bit of labouring.

All the best to you and Jay.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

David & Jay
Thanks for that David, glad to here you've got the PP sorted won't be long now until your living up here :). Access might be quite tricky this weekend with the snow we've had, remeber my offer still stands if you need anything just let me know even if it's a bit of labouring.

All the best to you and Jay.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Another few paid over the weekend so have updated the list, again if any mistakes please let me know.
1, @CWH ,Paid
2, @irnbru , Paid
3, @ambulancekidd ,Paid
4, @Al-Di , Paid
5, @Debs ,Paid
6, @Puddleduck , Paid
7, @Neilfg , Paid
8, @old-mo ,Paid
9, @Badknee ,Paid
10, @IanF , Paid
12, @triclops, Paid
13, @MicknMew, Paid
14, @patricia the newbie, Paid
15, @DIL7983, Paid
16, @alex n, Paid
17, @Polar bear, Paid
18, @emo, Paid
19, @CCC, Paid
20, @andy63 , Paid
21, @funflair , Paid
22, @tick59 ,Paid
23, @TinaL, Paid
24, @Elleeanne, Paid
25, @RidersofRohan, Paid
26, @TUCANO, Paid
27, @tjay, Paid
28, @Jagtazman, Paid
29, @REKERLY , Paid
31, @Barney23 ,Paid
32, @DP_JAY , Paid
33, @DavidG58 , Paid
34, @Ralph-n-Bev , Paid

35, @hoot007 ,
36, @berni109 ,
37, @Stewart J ,
38, @davejen ,
39, @peterc10,
40, @Jenben ,

Last edited:
OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just a few folk left to pay and a few small details to sort out and before we know it the rally will be upon us.

I'm been looking at ideas for people to do while here for the weekend, the Saturday will look after it's self as this is the main day off Guid Nychburris, the events catalogue hasn't been finalised yet for the Thursday or Friday. I've been thinking about a history or ghost tour of the town, although its a small town it has loads of History from Rabbie Burns being buried here to the last Public hanging of a female in Scotland.

Anyway I contacted a local group who have been getting very good reviews for their tours and below is the reply I received, if any of you would be interested in one of their tours on the Friday night please let me know and I will arrange it. I would have to speak to them about times but I was thinking along the lines of 8pm so this would mean we would have to catch the bus about 7.30pm or jump a taxi (works out cheaper for 4) after the walk we could finish with a couple of pints in one of Rabbie Burns old haunts , if your interested post in here and I will see how many names we get and let all know if its a goer or not.

Their Reply
Good morning Gerry, many thanks for your enquiry regarding a private group booking for your Motorhome friends. We would be delighted to organise a tour during their stay in Dumfries! We currently offer four different walking tours in the town, I'll tell you a bit more about them.
The Dumfries Ghost Walk covers a collection of dark historical accounts e.g. disease, witchcraft and executions, entwined with local ghost stories and legends and is very popular in terms of private bookings. Length 1 hour 45 mins approx.
Ghosts and Graverobbers is primarily dark history, with a focus on the bodysnatching era and how it affected Dumfries. Other stories include: a famous court trial and a grisly execution on what is now hallowed ground. It also takes in two of the town's historic churchyards. Length 1 hour 50 mins approx.
Heroes of the Titanic is purely history and is a celebration of the lives of two young men from Dumfries who were lost in the Titanic disaster. We visit places associated with the men and cover anecdotes from their young lives as well as the terrible consequences of their deaths. A very moving tour. Length 1 hour 30 mins approx. Historic Churchyard Tour takes place in St Michael's ancient churchyard. We share some of the fascinating stories of those interred there, some famous, others lesser known and highlight beautiful stones, gravestone symbols and their meanings. Length 2 hours approx.
Each tour is priced at £10 per person. If there are 20 or more guests on the tour, we offer a 10% discount and if there are over 30 people on a tour, a further 5% discount.
If there is a lot of interest from your friends, we could either take a large group round or provide two separate tours. More than happy to meet for a chat but currently recovering from a stay in hospital so it might be a few weeks away. However, in the meantime, please feel free to message me and we'll aim to get something arranged.
Thanks again for your interest Gerry: we hope to welcome you and your guests to a special Guid Nychburris tour! Best wishes, Kathleen

1, @CWH ,Paid
2, @irnbru , Paid
3, @ambulancekidd ,Paid
4, @Al-Di , Paid
5, @Debs ,Paid
6, @Puddleduck , Paid
7, @Neilfg , Paid
8, @old-mo ,Paid
9, @Badknee ,Paid
10, @IanF , Paid
12, @triclops, Paid
13, @MicknMew, Paid
14, @patricia the newbie, Paid
15, @DIL7983, Paid
16, @alex n, Paid
17, @Polar bear, Paid
18, @emo, Paid
19, @CCC, Paid
20, @andy63 , Paid
21, @funflair , Paid
22, @tick59 ,Paid
23, @TinaL, Paid
24, @Elleeanne, Paid
25, @RidersofRohan, Paid
26, @TUCANO, Paid
27, @tjay, Paid
28, @Jagtazman, Paid
29, @REKERLY , Paid
31, @Barney23 ,Paid
32, @DP_JAY , Paid
33, @DavidG58 , Paid
34, @Ralph-n-Bev , Paid

35, @hoot007 ,
36, @berni109 ,
37, @Stewart J ,
38, @davejen ,
39, @peterc10,
40, @Jenben ,

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Gerry

We are interested possibly Ghosts and grave robbers but will go with the flow, pure ghost walks don't seem to work quite so well on a warm summer evening, you have booked "warm summer" haven't you?

Martin

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Gerry

We are interested possibly Ghosts and grave robbers but will go with the flow, pure ghost walks don't seem to work quite so well on a warm summer evening, you have booked "warm summer" haven't you?

Martin
Martin its Dumfries your coming to and I'm not sure if summer is that weekend or not :)

Cheers for the reply

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Well Gerry, the hard part would be deciding which one to go on! We would definitely be up for any of these, so if more than one tour gets organised then please feel free to allocate us to whichever tour you want to to balance numbers.

Looking forward to it, even though now we are coming the long way up from Yorkshire (via Hereford for a Hymer group do!)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well Gerry, the hard part would be deciding which one to go on! We would definitely be up for any of these, so if more than one tour gets organised then please feel free to allocate us to whichever tour you want to to balance numbers.

Looking forward to it, even though now we are coming the long way up from Yorkshire (via Hereford for a Hymer group do!)

Good idea Gerry, we would prefer the Ghosts and Graveyard walk.

Thanks for the replies, I'll give everyone a chance to reply and before making any decisions I will post on here.

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Ghosts and Graveyard walk for us. However if OH is working that day cannot set off time 4pm and its a 3 hr drive. Should be there 7pm ish.
She is hoping "Eid" is on that day if so school will be closed and we can set off a lunchtime.
From what she knows school will be close but will not know for sure until closer. I have afternoon off work :) so just depends on OH.

emo

Free Member
Oct 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Bursner lyseo
Exp
Since2015
Ghost and graveyard I think ,but go with the flow.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
whichever Gerry, provided the post walk pub is a given :)(y)

might be worth looking at bus in and minibus home maybe, I don't mind researching that option, mind you if we get to 30 we could charter a bus both ways :) in fact can the bus do the walking just have the talk, then pub :LOL:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Right you lot, You want to go pay for a ghost tour. If its ok with @lorger ... If I can scare the shit outa you and make you jump or scream at some point your due me a £1 :LOL: Deal???? All proceeds to Helen @ puddle duck fundraising..(y)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
whichever Gerry, provided the post walk pub is a given :)(y)

might be worth looking at bus in and minibus home maybe, I don't mind researching that option, mind you if we get to 30 we could charter a bus both ways :) in fact can the bus do the walking just have the talk, then pub :LOL:

David even if we dont do a walk the pub idea is still on :), my plan would be to meet in The Globe Inn known as Burns Howff for a few pints afterwards. This is where Burns sat and wrote some of his poems and I believe his chair is still there.
As for buses into town I think its around the £1.70 ew or £3.80 for a full day which might be an option for the Sat, last bus back is 23.40. If you go down the Taxi route it will cost roughly £5-6 for 4 folk. I rarely use taxi's but I'm sure a couple of the local firms have minibuses so can always look into that nearer the time.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Right you lot, You want to go pay for a ghost tour. If its ok with @lorger ... If I can scare the shit outa you and make you jump or scream at some point your due me a £1 :LOL: Deal???? All proceeds to Helen @ puddle duck fundraising..(y)
Sandra if you want I can include a photo of you in the welcome pack that should get you a few pound :):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back