Ducato Wiper Linkage - convert RHD to fit LHD A Class . (1 Viewer)

JEB

Free Member
Feb 9, 2013
UK -sussex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I`m a newbie
Has anyone contemplated doing this? Need to replace wiper linkage set on my Dethleffs (2001) due to play in the splined spigot that the wiper arm bolts to. This allows underside of wiper arm spring to brush the bottom of the windscreen. If i said its the the spigot furthest from the motor.. is it too much info .snooooze .. yawn !!.

I purchased the new RHD linkage set very cheaply and planned to somehow cannibalise it to refurbish the original LHD set up... arghhh... doesn't look so easy in hindsight.

Would appreciate your thoughts....

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You might be able to remove the splined shafts and use those but my guess is the motor is on the same side for both left and right hand drive but as the wipers are in different places all the linkages are different lengths. So there will be little commonality. Just a guess.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
You may be able to cut new splines, because the spigot is usually of softer metal than the wiper arm cup. Clean up both parts and tap the arm down onto the spigot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JEB

JEB

Free Member
Feb 9, 2013
UK -sussex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I`m a newbie
Thanks for thoughts...the spline section that the wiper arm slides onto is ok . When all bolted up the spigot can move inwards circa 1/1.5 mm.

So, gonna remove installed wiper linkages and compare.. Guess if its not achievable then any one want to buy a brand new RHD linkage ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back