LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A huge 4x4 in the gorge du verdon whacked it hard, breaking the plastic motor mechanism, repaired in France, white van man near Weymouth finished the job off by pushing me into a hedge.

So good look round and bought ebay 380488263157 for £82. Much cheaper than wingmirrorman.

It arrived, 4" narrower than original, despite it being the "long arm" version.

But I noticed that it was otherwise identical to the original, apart from the arm, stripped off the rubber boot and, wow, identical. So unbolt the heads, fit long old arm to new head, bingo, new mirror.

Absolutely the same make and moulding marks on both heads.

Happy bunny.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I had the same on my last motorhome.
So fitted the following
Look great too.

I'm sure they would have only made matters worse. The first accident, the huge 4x4 car was flying. BANG as the mirror folded and hit the door. The frame, the glass all fine but the lightweight plastic pivot mechanism cracked, it's plastic 2mm thick that the glass hinges on.

Now add the weight of a mirror guard and all I can see that doing is hitting the door harder.

Well that's my take on it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
just shows how much mark up the dealers have on these as the guy you bought it off will have made some profit.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I have used these in the past..

http://www.247spares.co.uk/

You request the bit you want, they 'forward' the request to a number of suppliers and then you get the result, via e-mail or txt,

When my dad wanted a spare for his VW Passat, I got over 30 replies ranging from £50 to £120 ( read light cluster) the £50 was a brand new on still in the original box.

Job done

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Fiat mirrors

A huge 4x4 in the gorge du verdon whacked it hard, breaking the plastic motor mechanism, repaired in France, white van man near Weymouth finished the job off by pushing me into a hedge.

So good look round and bought ebay 380488263157 for £82. Much cheaper than wingmirrorman.

But I noticed that it was otherwise identical to the original, apart from the arm, stripped off the rubber boot and, wow, identical. So unbolt the heads, fit long old arm to new head, bingo, new mirror.

Happy bunny.
After a tractor incident I fitted a van (short arm) mirror to thr O/S of my Bolero, works well , don't think you could fit one to the N/S due to the angle, also depends on what model M/H you have and how much wider the body is in relation to the cab as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

Happy bunny.

Got mine from these guys.
Link Removed

Looks to be the same price as you paid within £2.

I also got a pair of headlamps and rear light clusters. The rear light clusters were only £20 :thumb:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
just shows how much mark up the dealers have on these as the guy you bought it off will have made some profit.

I am amazed. It was £60+ plus VAT. Can't be more than a tenner to the manufacturer. 4 electric motors, 2 heated mirrors, loads and loads of plastic+metal.

If that was on a Eurofighter we, the mugs of UK, would have paid £60K or more.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back