Ducato windscreen washer not working (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
The windscreen washer on my 2000 regd Ducato isn't working properly. The motor sounds as though its working but no water is coming out, even when I disconnect the pipe at the motor. Due to air filter and alarm gubbins I cannot see how the motor detaches from the bottle. Is it a twist or just straight pull or am I going to have to strip god knows what out the engine compartment to get at it.
Thanks for all the useful replies I will get and also for all the funny ones too.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
as far as i remember it just pushes in and pulls out. buy the new pump you need to fit and confirm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I had this problem with my 2001 fiat ducato base,removed pump (just pulls out, upwards) and the filter was blocked with jelly type stuff, cleaned and all ok.

OP
OP
vectian
Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
Well I got it fixed this morning but to make it more accessible I took the airfilter off, which wasn't too bad and gave me enough room to get my hands in.
As with Manic it was completely fouled with jelly gunk. I want to know who put the jelly in there in the first place.

Thanks for all the replies and help

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
When you put it back in after cleaning it I found it easier to put the rubber grommet into the bottle first then push the pump into that

Thanks for that tip, should make the job easier (y)

Feb 18, 2019
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria S 690 SP.
Exp
2018 August
Simple way to replace windscreen washer pump. Take 4 10mm bolts off top of grill. Remove grill. Undo 2 10mm bolts holding headlight in and drop down headlight (There is a popper on the outside of the headlight just give it a tug). The washer bottle and pump is completely exposed and easy to work on. Just replaced my pump and start to finish 11 mins

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
My washers have packed up again, flushed the tank, no change but, noticed that the pump was very hot.
Its a sealed unit so I couldn't simply grease the ends of the motor itself.
New one ordered & should be here tomorrow.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As with Manic it was completely fouled with jelly gunk. I want to know who put the jelly in there in the first place.
Anyone remember the powder you could buy instead of the concentrated liquid, that used to gum up the pumps with gelly like gunge. Someone may have used it in the past.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back