Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new
Hi. Has anyone any experience of these speaker adaptors?
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoleads-SAK-2304-Speaker-Adaptor-Ducato/dp/B005JZ8D4Q"]Autoleads SAK-2304 165mm Speaker Adaptor for Relay Boxer Ducato: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike[/ame]

They are supposed to allow fitment of a 165mm aftermarket speaker to the standard aperture.

I have them and have issues, no instructions either.

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
What year is your van. X250 models take standard 4 screw fix speakers.
Steles

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Looking at the picture in the link its a replacement speaker grille for the X244 version of Ducato. Presumably the 165mm speakers should mount to this unit which is then screwed into the door in place of the original grille.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
X

Xan

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new
It's a 2004 Ducato base.

Yes, the speaker pods replace the existing grille and bring the speakers away from the door leaving room for greater clearance. Having installed the speakers to the pods, the back of the speakers snag on the door lining so the pod can't be screwed back in.

I'm loathe to take a dremel to the liner, as that's why I bought the adaptors in the first place.

Why is no job easy?

OP
OP
X

Xan

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new
Finally managed to get the speakers in. The one of the pods needed to be trimmed with a dremel, and even then there was a margin of nil fitting the 165mm Infinity speakers in.

I wouldn't have been able to fit the speakers without the pods, fortunately I only paid £7.49 for the pair which goes some way to offsetting the shockingly poor build quality of them. Had I paid £40+ as most places are charging for them I would have been very disappointed.

Now they're in I'm happy. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back