Ducato servicing near Milton Keynes (1 Viewer)

Talljohn

Free Member
Feb 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Possl Roadstar Rev
Exp
Hello, Does anyone know of a decent company to provide the first service near me? I have experience of main dealers, and would prefer a owner run business over main dealer. Thanks,

Ebby

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Rapido 787f
Exp
Since June 2004
Arden Park at Old Wolverton,Ive used them for years for servicing and MOT.

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
I fully appreciate what you are saying, but using an independent whilst a vehicle is in warranty can have downsides.
1/ only the main dealer can implement any software updates
2/ you don’t lose your warranty by not using the main dealer, but you need to be 100% sure only genuine parts are used including the correct specification oils.
3/ when using a main dealer for your brand you build loyalty, in the event of an issue after the warranty period you may receive a contribution towards the repair. Obviously this depends of the particulars of the failure, but I read of a just out of warranty engine problem on a Ducato last year, the owner had used a non franchise garage for servicing. He was later told that had he used Fiat professional they would have helped with the cost of the repair.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
I qualified as a mechanic years ago and then got out the trade I have a son who is a level 3 trained JLR technician but j still chose to have a isuzu 4x4 dealer maintained from new it has done over 250000 miles and with the exception of a hydraulic hose failure has never let me down so j reckon its down to the dealer if you get good or bad service not the marque

OP
OP
T

Talljohn

Free Member
Feb 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Possl Roadstar Rev
Exp
I do agree its absolutely down to the dealer to establish a level of quality and enforce that through their employee network. But, given the people who carry out the work are salaried with no "skin in the fame" as it were, then the end product can be variable. If you use a reputable small business where the person carrying out the work is building or maintaining a reputation, then often the quality is better. Their knowledge can also be superior too. I have some experience of main dealer tech training systems and that does not give me confidence. All that said, main dealer for first service to make sure the software updates are applied is a good idea. Thanks all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back