Ducato seat covers (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We are due to collect our new PVC tomorrow.

The captains seats look great in cream and grey but are not likely to stay that way as they are so light in colour. We will “Scotchguard” them but does anyone have a website address or supplier of loose fit covers that look good and offer protection?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i am a fan of the town & country covers made specifically for van seats. not exactly a designer look but easy to keep clean and wear very well. always fitted them on my work vans when purchased and kept the seats spotless. also easy to fit and remove

check if the new van has side airbags in the seats and buy the appropriate cover

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
http://www.carseatcoversonline.co.uk/category_s/1840.htm

I purchased some for the Agutti seats in my Ford based Hymer, together with some armrest covers. Not the best fit, but I think that's mainly because they're meant to be fastened beneath the seat, which isn't accessible on my MH. I'm pleased with them though, and they'r meant to be washable. I'd buy from them again.

Malcolm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
We took ours off, and to our surprise that the original Fiat covers matched the colours wonderfully. You'd not notice the difference. And the original Fiat ones are much more likely to last, be easier to clean. With the added advantage, we can put the seat covers back on when we come to sell, they'll be immaculate!!

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
http://www.carseatcoversonline.co.uk/category_s/1840.htm

I purchased some for the Agutti seats in my Ford based Hymer, together with some armrest covers. Not the best fit, but I think that's mainly because they're meant to be fastened beneath the seat, which isn't accessible on my MH. I'm pleased with them though, and they'r meant to be washable. I'd buy from them again.

Malcolm

I agree. A tip though - even if you've got armrests, order them as if you don't have them. I found the hole they put in the cover was in the wrong place and that made fitting awkward. The fabric doesn't need stitching if you pierce it so if I ordered them now I'd order them without armrest holes, then I could have easily pierced the fabric in the correct spot and bolted the armrests back on.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks to all for replying and the thought that has gone into finding the links.

We are looking for loose covers to go on top of the existing ones, not complete replacements, if anyone has any info on such things.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Yep - that's the type of ones on the link Malcolm gave, also on this link:-

http://www.motorhomeseatcovers.co.uk/

I've got them on my Ducato, they stretch fit over the seat and then tie on underneath, you don't do anything to the original seat covering. Easier to fit if you unbolt the seats from the van first but possible to fit in-situ on most vans if you wanted to. Will come off easily exposing the original seat fabric again.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Would some fleecy type throws do, or a nice pair of large towels with suitable fixings/ties? Some on the forum swear by Skyeskins (I think that's the name) who do sheepskins to throw over them.

I picked up a nice pair of fluffy mock-leopard print covers at a car boot sale and simply unpicked the side seams where the arm rests are, one just enough for the arm to go through, the other side right down and then sewed some Velcro on so I could fit them tightly (you can't fit them without this as they wouldn't go over both arms).

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
We took ours off, and to our surprise that the original Fiat covers matched the colours wonderfully

This what is under my Burstner seat covers - standard Fiat seats with a bit of sponge covering the head rest - I felt a bit conned.

DSC01991.JPG

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This what is under my Burstner seat covers - standard Fiat seats with a bit of sponge covering the head rest - I felt a bit conned.

View attachment 198728
Same with our PVC too, I removed the Globecar seat covers and 'sponge' and the furry covers I have fit perfectly (they wouldn't with the sponge in situ).

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Oh, for arm covers I used some 'trainer socks' with a small piece of elastic across the opening to help keep them in place once slotted onto the arms, they work a treat, this is the type I'm talking about:

Broken Link Removed

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Try Titan Seat covers or thier sister company Over the top..
They also make agreat range of Dog beds and boot liners.
Excellent quality and nice people to deal with.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back