Ducato Recall 2019-20 Vehicles? Steering issue. (1 Viewer)

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Fiat recall.jpg

Anyone received this?

I know this has been posted in another section but it hasn't had much response and must affect a lot of people. Maybe limited viewings due to it being in the Fiat mechanical section?

This was posted on another forum but will apply to all Ducato based motor homes. I believe the vehicle concerned was a 2020 model - however if it was registered in 2020 it could be a 2019 van I guess.

I do find the sentence 'This may cause the vehicle to deviate from the intended direction of travel' quite amusing.

This site suggests April 2019 to Oct 2020

Broken Link Removed

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
We have a couple of threads running on this:

Quite a few of the 2019/20 registered Ducato have been caught by it, but having had the vehicles checked it seems only a smaller number have problems.

Upvote 0

Andrew from D

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Modbury, South Hams Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690
I have had the same recall on our Burstner Lyseo on a Fiat Ducati chassis and both knuckles are involved. The advice from Fiat is that defective vehicles should not be driven. My Vehicle was inspected on the 27th of April and I have been advised this morning by Fiat customer services that NO date can be given for dispatch of the replacement parts due to a manufacturing issue. They could not guarantee that the vehicle would be roadworthy even by September. As new vehicles are still being manufactured, -presumably with a front steering and suspension units, it gives you a clue as to there attitude towards existing customers! Apparently if you are seeking compensation you can forget it! To add to our woes the clutch failed and we are waiting for those parts too although they are due tomorrow. Not what you expect from a vehicle after 2.5K miles that cost a shade under £70k. !!!
2,633 vehicles are affected according to the DVSA not exactly a small number.
if someone said it is a small number affected then why the problem releasing the small number of replacement parts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

joeR

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
swift edge 486
Hi I emailed Fiat customer services and even they cannot give a date when parts will be available they call each week to update me but yet to give a date for dispatch. I’m booked to depart away 1st week in August I’m beginning to get worried, anyone out there had the steering done yet?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back