Ducato platform cabs delivery delays. (1 Viewer)

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp

EDIT found a better one....

That is a really poor photoshop of the current van with other bits of Fiat badly grafted on:
Fiat-Freemont-SUV.jpg

p3C4GG

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I spoke to a Fiat dealer earlier this week and was told Ducato's could now not be ordered in metallic colours at all, if in a L3 or L4 length.

At the time I didn't pay much attention as put it down to sales talk, but now the Peugeot website doesn't show metallic's as an option on these lengths either.

The dealer I spoke with didn't know why this was, but as delivery times are sometimes now around 10 months anyway, it doesn't look like this will be short-term does it? :(

Does anyone else know more about this?

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Seems it's the same with a new Citreon Relay now as well:

Citrean Relay Metallic Option Gone.JPG

So metallic paint is no longer an option on any Ducato/Boxer/Relay that's either 6m or bigger.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Sounds like it is part of phasing out the old shaped cab whilst introducing the new one. I have an A class on order and spoke to the dealer about delays last week. He didn’t think there was a problem with chassis cowl versions having just had my July build date confirmed.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Sounds like it is part of phasing out the old shaped cab whilst introducing the new one. I have an A class on order and spoke to the dealer about delays last week. He didn’t think there was a problem with chassis cowl versions having just had my July build date confirmed.

I think this is only effecting L3/L4 panel vans. But might be an issue for some converters if they need more stock?

Like you, I think this is likely due to a new model and the new factory. But I can't find any concrete info that a new model is on the cards?

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Apart from the motorhome market, how many commercial buyers would be worried about metallic paint? They don't call it white van man for nothing ;) How many vans get signwritten? So they've probably simply looked at metallic, found the demand is limited, and culled that option?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Apart from the motorhome market, how many commercial buyers would be worried about metallic paint? They don't call it white van man for nothing ;) How many vans get signwritten? So they've probably simply looked at metallic, found the demand is limited, and culled that option?
Yeah, makes you wonder why every other van manufacturer does supply metallic paint ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back